* Author Topic: GRI Part 9  (Read 19574 times)

0 Members

Offline teenyweeny

modify
GRI Part 9
« Reply #190 on: 5/11/19, 10:59 »
I can't believe how quiet it is on here!! Anyone currently cycling at Glasgow royal or about to start?? Sunnydance have you made any decisions about dping one more cycle?? We are just about to start one last cycle. I hear gri are shutting down early December for new equipment to be installed.....they seem even more disorganised than usual. I asked for a bill for treatment 2 weeks ago and when I didn't receive it they told me a member of staff left recently..... not filling me with confidence.... xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fyfey

modify
    GRI Part 9
    « Reply #191 on: 6/11/19, 19:01 »
    Hey there Teenyweeny,
    How quiet are these boards eh? Well Iím not actually at GRI, but at Ninewells, however that board is just as quiet!
    Currently down regging for a FET in December,

Offline SUNNYDANCE

modify
    GRI Part 9
    « Reply #192 on: 15/11/19, 12:00 »
    Hello Teenyweeny and fyfey,
    Sorry for delay! I dont check in much because of the lack of activity here - so its lovely to hear from you.
    Teenyweeny - all thevery best with your forthcoming cycle - we had our final cycle at GRI last month, I was off work so totally focussed on it, was super healthy, did everything by the book.  My Left ovary went on strike and although there were a few follicles, they didnt grow to the expected size.  My right ovary however played ball and there were 7 lovely follicles, we got 5 eggs.  I was on the highest dose of stims!  Ultimately only embryo was good enough for transfer but that resulted in a negative outcome.  We have been really gutted.  Although this was our last go, we are considering, if we were to try again (crazyness), we are going to swap to GCRM and use the access to fertility multi cycle programme, which is 2 ivf cycles for 7.5k, also includes any frozen transfers. 
    I believe success rates are better at GCRM for my age group (42) and its cheaper than GRI when using access fertility. 
    I really feel that GRI havent given me a good enough, personal service over the last 12 months, it has felt like ivf bootcamp, I find that I never get a straight answer to questions raised, there solution is always to up the stimulation.
    You shouldnt bother chasing up the bill!  They must be making a fortune!   
    much love xxxx

Offline teenyweeny

modify
    GRI Part 9
    « Reply #193 on: 16/11/19, 17:05 »
    It is super quiet on here....! A few years ago these boards were jumping! Fyfey very best of luck for your FET in Dec. Hope it's lucky for u. Sunnydance i remember your username I think we have been on some of the same boards in the past :) ah the royal are so dissapointing. That's me just received the bill for treatment after 3 weeks of chasing it up. To be told the dept is shutting down from 13th Dec till 13th Jan so I may not get to book up on my next period in Dec.....but they can't tell me till I phone.....fantastic. the service from the royal for us has been just as you described sunnydance. And I suppose because it's cheaper they get away with it....not a personal service at all and its never organised or give you straight answers. I have never heard of the access fertility at GCRM but I am going to look into it, that's a pretty good deal for 2 cycles! It's a lot of money tho..... your head tells you one thing and your heart tells you another it's so difficult. Hubby told me this is my last.... but he said that after the last one as well!!! Xx

Offline SUNNYDANCE

modify
    GRI Part 9
    « Reply #194 on: 17/11/19, 22:13 »
    hey teenyweeny,
    I wrote you a long message and it doesnt seem to have sent and now I cant find it  ^idiot^
    Very annoying that GRI cant confirm whether your treatment will go ahead, have they no idea about the effort and organisation involved!  I do get the impression they are squeezing in as many people as they can!  We really wish we changed to GCRM last year. 
    I wish you all the very best  ^reiki^
    I am planning on contacting GCRM to set up an initial consultation.  My husband said last attempt was our last but I am really struggling to face it.  I probably need a bit of counselling in relation to this but if we can scrape together (credit cards) money for access to fertility I would go for it!
    xxx

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    GRI Part 9
    « Reply #195 on: 9/12/20, 10:53 »
    Hey guys :)

How are you?

So im not at gcrm but thought I would ask a question. I used to cycle at gcrm and then made q decision to move to GRI as it was lower costs. Now i am kinda thinking of moving back to gcrm. Do you think that would be possible? X