* Author Topic: Any over 40s just starting ivf cycle ?  (Read 7039 times)

0 Members

Offline Rebecca_747

modify
Any over 40s just starting ivf cycle ?
« Reply #90 on: 24/04/17, 21:19 »
Thanks Betty..  What clinic are you using? x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Twinkletoes42

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 25/04/17, 05:03 »
    Hi Peanut

Of course you can PM me . I researched different clinics for DE but the overriding factor for me to get my head around things was the need to have some choice .. happy to discuss further . It's a really tough journey  but my friend well actually she was a colleague from a few  years back  who has had DE baby approx 6 years ago  has really helped me . I contacted her to ask some questions that were really playing on my mind and I have to say she's put my mind at rest with some of her advice and how happy she is now xxxx

Offline Sampot

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 27/04/17, 18:03 »
    Hello I am 41 - turning 42 next month and recently single. I have decided it's now or never and to try to conceive on my own. I had an MOT last week that revealed my AMH is 5.6 and my follicle count is apparently a bit better than you would expect for my AMH level. I am now trying to decide which own egg and donor sperm treatment to try. Does anyone know the following:

1. Is natural or mild IMF more likely to be successful for someone of my age. London Womens Clinic say I need maximum strength fertility drugs but research on the create sight and some forums suggest natural might be better; and

2. Which London clinic is better for an older woman with low ovarian reserve like me? Lister, create, ARGC and CRGH (hopefully I have the acronyms right) seem to have the highest success rates for women my age but not sure how others found them.

I am reading all the forums and news articles I can to make a choice but if anyone can advise me from a similar experience then I would really appreciate it.

I used to be very fertile when I was younger as had two unplanned pregnancies in my twenties so I don't think there is anything wrong with my fertility other than my age and low egg reserve/quality.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else trying to conceive x Sam

Offline peanut76

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 28/04/17, 11:46 »
    thanks Twinkletoes :) I will probably do that when I can get it all straight in my head and I know what I want to ask without driving you mad!  Great idea re the ex colleague, it reminded me I have a friend, who has a friend who used DE.  I have contacted my friend to see if her friend would be up for having a chat.  As you said it might help with some of my worries.

Hi Rebecca and Betty I hope everything is going well for you guys  ^pray^

Hi Sampot, I can only say that I was treated very well at the lister and although they are very busy I don't have any complaints with regards to treatment.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue my journey there as being realistic I need to move to DE, if I want to succeed and I just can't afford that at the Lister (especially not after 4 failed cycles :-[).   I have no experience of the natural cycles but I think they go for quality over quantity and I know that has worked for some people.  Its so difficult to decide on these things, especially when you are doing it alone and don't have anyone to share the responsibility but this forum is a great source of advice.  Maybe try posting a separate topic or in the single area and you might get more advice come through.

best of luck to everyone xx

Offline welshnat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 28/04/17, 14:34 »
    Hi all hope you don't mind me joining. I'm 41,  42 in July.  My husband is 40. Neither of us have children and we are classed as unexplained although husband semen are medioka and I have a slightly flattened uterus but they said that shouldn't be making a difference. We've been trying for nine years with nothing. Started our journey over three years ago however got lost on the NHS system for three years. Started our first round of ivf a few back on short protocol with max drugs. I had five eggs retrieved two days ago. Only one fertilised yesterday and I was told I would receive a call today with regards how the one survived overnight. You can imagine the wait was a nightmare.  They rung this morning to tell me it was top quality for day two. You can imagine I could sing from the roof tops.  I had it put back I'm at ten this morning. I'm not officially PUPO and in the two weeks wait. Just wondering if anyone else had 2 day transfer. X

Offline Rebecca_747

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 28/04/17, 17:50 »
    Hi Peanut

I got my bfp this afternoon...  I'm still trying to take it all in.  x

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 28/04/17, 19:22 »
    Hello not been on here for a while, hope everyone's doing ok.

Rebecca congrats!! That is great news! Lovely to hear it.

Welshnat wishing you all the best too now you're pupo! Good luck 🍀

SJS and Betty good luck with your transfers, was it this week?

Peanut and Twinkletoes hope you're ok  ^hugme^

Twinkletoes I feel the same about the control element or at least some kind of choice over the DE process.

Sampot good luck too. I had max strength meds last year and got 5 & 4 eggs (all fertilised but only a chemical pg from them), then v gentle clomid in Greece in Nov where only 2 eggs collected (top quality but still a twin mc later) - I'd say the gentle/natural approach was much nicer & easier on the body. You produce fewer eggs but if you get a healthy one then that's all that counts (I'm still waiting!)

AFM hope to do my last ivf EC next month. Feeling a bit crappy about things today as tired, hope my luck changes soon.

Have a nice bank hol weekend all xx