* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies Part 5  (Read 97558 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies Part 5
« Reply #20 on: 22/03/17, 11:32 »
Katkat, how stressful! I don't even try to book anything in advance cos it's so unpredictable. Well done on sorting all the logistics in the last moment. Dh and I actually try to bd before ec to improve quality. It does reduce count but quality goes up which is more important for icsi. Wishing you a very successful and easy ec. Hoping for a few healthy mature eggs!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rocket75

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 22/03/17, 19:16 »
     Wowzers Katkat - you had to get replanting with all those logistics quickly. It's so unpredictable isn't it! I hope it all goes well and you get two lovely eggs and embryos. Is you egg collection tomorrow? Good luck! 🤞

5thtimelucky - I hope your scan went well today and your lead follicle is growing nicely. 

Tily and Gill - how are you both doing in the TWW?

I'm triggering tonight. My follicles are between 16 and 21 mm. My lining is 6.9 which is better than it's ever been before. I'm quite calm so far but keenly aware I've never got to transfer before and never know what to expect. Having said that we are where we want to be right now.

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 22/03/17, 19:31 »
    Hi Ladies,

Katkat - sorry to hear about the rollercoaster you're on - I don't think any of us will ever accept the unpredictability of the IVF journey and as you said it hits you BAM just as you were starting to build up a level of confidence around what how your body might respond or what might happen next. I think that's the hardest part - the lack of control. Even with meticulous planning and foresight, there's always a curveball - minor or major!!! And then you have to drop everything else in your life and dedicate yourself to IVF. A few times over the last year, I've wondered if I would actually fire myself if I was my own manager given my erratic appearances and disappearances at such short notice not to mention as you said the days spent doing all the IVF admin from consents to copying old medical files to booking flights, getting money changed etc. I do work hard when I'm outside a cycle but when something bad happens fertility wise, I'm either absent because I will start blubbering in the office or Im just sitting there numb and not engaged. TTC is a bloody full time job!!! anyway, I really hope those lovely 2 follicles have lovely eggs in them. Safe travelling!

Rocket - any news - did you trigger last night? You've a great crop so hopefully they will all give you eggs.

Briss - hope you are feeling a little better - it sounds like you at starting to focus on the next class cycle which is great but I'm sure there is still lots of distress and upset there. Be good to yourself.

Klik - did you get the call? What would the Lupron do? Hope you are doing okay and recovering from such a blow.

5thtime - do you know when egg collection will be? I've a consultation booked with Create in April. We went to the open evening and were so impressed. I've decided with DH that we will do the 6 cycle package for 10,000. It's about a third of the price of 6 cycles in the Lister.

Hopeful, Bouje, TTC - how are you all doing?

AFM, nothing major to report except I've been tracking 2ww symptoms and up to today felt I had very high oestrogen and generally felt well. Very sore boobs, very strong blood flow to uterus, sex drive high even though didn't do anything about it. Today, I've experienced a major swing in hormones and I'm starting to think it's my normal 7dpo PMS mood swing. Although, I've had very vivid dreams for the last few nights, strange ovarian twinges like a pulled muscle, dizziness and some nausea and fluttering which I've read might be good. God, this 2ww is a head wreck!!! Anyone get any of the above symptoms on a BFP? Xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 22/03/17, 21:02 »
    Tilly, I has vivid dreams, high Sex drive and spots in my second week and it was a bfp. But everyone is different. Thanks for your kind words you make a much sense

Ladies I will post tomorrow again as stood at the tarmac to board the flight.  This was the single most stressful evening I've had in a very very very long time!! Wizz bumped me off the flight!!!! They oversold it and I had to wait till just before leaving now to know if someone didn't turn up. Dp already on the air with BA as we used our points for it so couldn't even talk to him. I was crying and shaking but of course that didn't help (and I didn't do it on purpose!) And now my right ovary is s9 painful that am worried that I've started ovulating. I cannot believe this!  Let's see if I get to Prague and let's see if my coach will make it in time or if the stress continues. I will take a taxi all the way to Brno or hitchhike if need be!

OK am seated now so a bit more time.

Rocket, these are great sizes, am really routing for you that this time you get to transfer and beyond!

Thanks briss, at this moment I just hope eggs haven't left their resting place yet... hope you're feeling better

Pritamin you're so right why do I even think about Easter? It will work out entirely differently anyway 😄

Tilly a 6 cycle package at 10,000 sounds good, is this for normal ivf or mild or natural? Nor that I want to do another 6 cycles!  You may not need the package ...

Offline Gill77

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 23/03/17, 08:16 »
    Katkat, what a stressful day you've had! I hope you made it and all is well.

Offline Gill77

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 23/03/17, 08:17 »
    Katkat, what a stressful day you've had! I hope you made it and all is well.

Offline 5thtimelucky

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 23/03/17, 11:21 »
    KitKat - what a stress!! poor you! hope you got there in time?

Tily - hopefully you won't need the 6 cycle package!!

Rocket - have you triggered already? When's EC?

Klik - what's the latest?

AFM - it's been a bit frustrating. The consultant at my scan yesterday was surprised to hear that I wasn't taking any stims (even though I was specifically told not to by another consultant!!) I asked him flat out if I should have been, and he obviously didn't want to admit any fault so said that transferring to a completely natural cycle hadn't actually been a bad idea. The good news is that my follicle is still growing so the cycle is still on, but as I was taking cetrotide (plus some other ovulation stopping pills) and no stims it's been slower so I won't be in for EC tomorrow as I'd expected/hoped. He told me to start the stims drugs yesterday (seems very late to me!), and I'm in for another scan tomorrow. If all is still going well, then EC will be on Sunday or Monday probably. All very annoying as I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and I was hoping for EC to have already happened so I could have a drink or two - and not having to explain to people why I'm not drinking...! Anyway, fingers crossed things keep progressing. This is the first time that I've questioned Create - they'd been great up until now.

Hello to everyone else! x

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 23/03/17, 14:39 »
    Katkat, keeping everything crossed your follicles will stay put until ec. I find the more stressful the cycle the better the outcome so hopefully it'll all work out wonderfully. Having said that I totally relate to how unbelievably stressful this all is. You are a hero just get through it one step at a time. You are a miracle worker!

5thtimelucky, how annoying. But at least your follicle is growing. I didn't know you can take cetrotide without any stims. What does it do? Just delays your ovulation? It's good that they are adding some stimms . What day of your cycle is Sunday. I think delaying ovulation by a couple of days is not bad may give the follicle a bit more time to grow and develop. Hoping you'll get good news tomorrow.

Afm, af turned up a day early. The strange thing is that my temperature got back to normal as soon as af turned up even though I still have sore throat. It's strange because from et up until af I had constant temperature between 37.5-38 going up to 39 a couple of times and I thought it was due to sore throat. But now I wonder if it was due to embryo and the lining being at war the whole time. Af also started unusually abruptly without any sporting. Looks like as soon as progesterone stopped working my uterus expelled the embryo :( I just hope it means the embryo wasn't good and the lining got protective. I did read that embryo has to negotiate with lining it's way into implantation and lining may detect any problems and not let the embryo to implant.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 23/03/17, 14:40 »
    Rocket, best of luck with ec!!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 23/03/17, 15:50 »
    Rocket all the best for tomorrow!

5th time that's a shame about the wedding. You could have some non alcoholic beers and nobody would notice? But I know that's not the point. Really good news about your follicle. I took 2 days of cetrotide on my natural cycle. It'll just slow down the growth as you've noticed already but the follicle should be good

Briss that's really interesting about the embryo vs lining! Good news is you can start your next cycle! How do you do this flying malarkey each month?! Felt so bad as I had to call in sick today, I want to be honest but I don't want my boss to know to avoid pity and questions

So the great news is we made it in time and the follicles were still there! The other good news is that they were mature. But the bad news is that only one looked normal and the other one fragmented. Then doctor said let's have a look on the left side maybe we can find another one and then 'ah great here we have a 12mm follicle' poking his needle in (I didn't take sedation so I was chatting to him during ec) and it had an egg! It's MI so immature so was it like klik we have to wait till tomorrow if it's going to make it. Shame there was no sperm left for freezing after doing picsi  (no clue why they didn't do macs.with our poor morphology). My egg collection took 5 minutes and I was back out quicker than dp coming back doing his men business  :o now it's the scary wait till tomorrow afternoon to know if the egg fertilised urgh  ::)
    So am planning the next ec already. Now with easter being in the way the doctor suggested I take northisterone to delay my next period. Anyone done this before? Can I take it like say 17 days? Will it suppress my ovaries for the next ec? On the coach back to Prague just now for flight back and then miraculously I will have recovered from my bout of fever by tomorrow morning  ;)