* Author Topic: Hello I just joined Fertility Friends - Researching Stem Cell treatments  (Read 16704 times)

0 Members

Offline t-ann

• Un-Ranked
Hi Deeosull --

Can you please share how your stem cell treatment worked out?  I'm sorry if it's on another thread but I don't see any follow-up anywhere...

thanks so much,
T-ann

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Deeosull

Hi T-Ann

No joy for me I'm afriad but that wasnt unexpected.  It was after I had the treatment that they discovered having the treatment vaginally (which is what I had) rather than by laparoscopy didn't yield any decent results.  From what I've heard those that have it by laparoscopy have seen better results.  It did seem to regulate my periods, which have remained pretty consistent since.  I did have tests done six months later and my AFC and AMH hadnt improved at all, FSH has improved from 16 to 9 but that was the only improvement.  I didnt do any further IVF treatment as after 6 years of it I had enough, so I've now gone down the adoption route.

Hope that helps. 

Regards
    D

Offline MsZed

• Un-Ranked
    Hi all,

Anyone updates on those that have undergone the procedure or know if the new year procedure has been rolled out yet?

Offline nevertoolate

hi all I'm thinking of seriously looking into this. I know i had a couple of months with out AF and now its come back again so I don't know how i could manage to collect a sample if i use a clinic that uses that method. i which it was further down the line with the research and they had some positive results for oe

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    Dreaming of BFP -
    Don't rely on it yet, there isn't enough evidence or positive results from those of us who have tried it. 

You would just have to do as the rest of us do and wait till you get AF then rush like crazy to get there.  I got AF and was at the airport within a few hours.  Buy yourself a mooncup so you are prepared.

Offline nevertoolate

Thank you for the response. you are right that sounds like the only way to do it. it drives me mad any potential glimmer of oe hope and I'm straight there no matter how unrealistic financially age wise etc.... wish they were further down the line with research...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    Hello ladies, I know this is an old thread but I would be very interested to hear from the ladies who tried the stem cell therapy back in 2017. Have this improved your results? More follicles, more eggs, any pregnancies? How many procedures did you do? Did you try any other procedure thatís more successful then stem cells?

I have been relying on my natural cycle and had over 30 EC/ET with ICSi as we have sperm issues as well as older eggs but I am now 44 and my cycles are no longer there, even with stims I cannot seem to grow a follicle so itís time to consider other OE options. I am tempted to try stem cells at Serum. Any info is appreciated!

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    Briss - There is a social media group which might be more up to date.  I don't think there are many women on here how have had the new procedure - but there might be on the social media group.  DM me and I'll try to add you.