* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 29310 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
OH is back from blackpool. He didnt enjoy it, he said its really run down since the last time he went.
Bear was good one of the 2 nights of OH being away. For the past 2 nights, he haa got me up 2-3 times. Must be his teeth.
Whilst OH was in blackpool, he kept telling me how much he missed us, which was nice. I could see how much bear was missing him, kept calling for him.. but me, i didnt really miss OH (how bad does that sound) i havent told him this mind. I actually quite enjoyed it. Having the bed to myself, coming back to a tidy house, having bear all to myself, it was nice.
No word on the Job front yet, should hear this week. I really want it and im hoping my childminder will be able to do the extra days i need.

Diet isnt going well :( i need to get refocused again as only just over 5 weeks until the wedding...

Oh, and i still want another baby.....

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Soaking up the sun in the garden whilst OH takes bear for a walk...
    So, a bit has happened... firstly, i had my hen do... it was an amazing night, i was drinking from 4pm until 3am so no wonder i got a 3 day handover.... not even kidding... even a week on, im still struggling to eat. But that has its perks as i have lost 6lbs this week and finally... after 2 years, got toy pre pregnancy weight!

Bear is well, he has woken up with a slight cold but doesnt seem to be bothering him much. Its his birthday a week on thursday... i cant believe he will be 2!!

Other news, i got offered the job i went for and after a week, i accepted. Its a good job i did as i had my flexible working meeting on friday and they are taking me off it.... even if it is totally illegal...
    So im seekimg advice on how to go about handing my notice in and taking the situation to the next stage.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    So, how can i even believe that Bear is 2 tomorrow! I keep thinking about how this time 2 years ago, my contractions had just started. And although he was prem, it simply was the best and most amazing experience i have ever gone through (maybe the most painful too)
    So, tomorrow, we are off the stratford to take bear to the butterfly farm, then off for afternoon tea. No party this year.. just a quiet one.
    In other news, i handed in my notice at work. The resignatiom letter was nearly 2 pages long and nothing was held back. Ive told them that i am now seeking legal advice. So, they now want to have a meeting with me to discuss it.
    I have to go, although i dont want too, just to hear the company out and how they will try and wriggle themselves out of it. Plus, they have me on the rota coming in next week on nights, which they know i cant do, so i need to discuss how im to get around that.

Only 17 days until i become a Mrs then followed by a much needed holiday!

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Bear's birthday was a quiet one, but lovely. We went to stratford. He was more reluctant with the butterflies than the last time we went.. the last time we went, he was nearly 1 and went around the whole farm with a butterfly on his head. We also went for afternoon tea, which was yummy
    We then came home, and just had a quiet afternoon at home.
    Stress levels are at their highest, some i cant go into, but mostly work related. Ive been signed off from work due to stress and wont be going back. I had to go in last tuesday to discuss the contents of my resignation... which was completely pointless...
    So, i get married a week tomorrow and nerves are kicking in... and maybe a little jittery too....

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Eeeeek!

Im getting married tomorrow!!!!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Its been a while since i posted, and this is my first post as a married woman!

Wedding was lovely, no hiccups, weather was nice and everything went smoothly. I wish i could do the day all over again (only to wear my dress)
    Honeymoon was ok, bear was naughty, naughry enough where we said we deffo wont be taking him abroad next year! It was bloody hard work!
    Talking of work, i started my new job last week. As i havent learnt anything in 6 years (work wise) its a shock to the system, im not picking it up as well as i hoped but its still early days. Hubby is finding it hard, adjusting to my new hours as it means a little less sleep for him but we really didnt have a choice. Things are still ongoing with my old work, im not letting this drop!

As for bear, the terrible two's are amongst us, by god he is a git! He has now started sighing at me if i aak him to do something.. god knows where he got that from, lol!
    Other than that, he is his normal happy self. He is starting to put words together now so thats funny to see.
    He melts my heart everyday!

Its that time of year again where we have to pay for the sperm storage and im in 2 minds what to do... at this time, i dont want another child, nor am i in a position to... and i doubt we will be in a position to in the future either, not only financially, but with hubby being quite some older than me and he is adament he doesnt want anymore... bit the ONLY thing that is stopping me is if i change my mind, which i do tend to from time to time... the doc thay got the sperm from hubby told us never to throw away human cells as you never know what the future holds, so i have that in my head but i really cant seeing us having another child.

What to do, what to do....

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary....

Im back!!!!

My, its been nearly a year since i last posted.

DS is 3 next week and what a cracker he is. This kid frustrates the hell out of me but within seconds actually makes my heart smile. He is a naughty, trying little character who knows how to push my buttons and practices this on a daily basis...
    But...
    He is the most affectionate, loving sweet little boy who loves people (especially his mumma) he talks to everyone and have a lovely smile and a cheeky laugh. He truly melts me when he rests his head on my lap, kisses my leg and says 'uve you mummy' im absolutely in love and besotted by him.
    That kid has got me!!!

Me and OH have now settled into married life but hit a rocky patch about 6 weeks after the wedding... i think all the hype if the wedding to then nothing made me feel pretty lonely. I was adapting to my new job, as a newbie, i was aware that the girls at work were being mean and nasty behind my back (which is quite funny as i get on with one of them so well now, the other too) and i was adjusting to the new hours and being alone every night as Hubby worked nights, made me question my life and if i was happy.
    I thought i didnt love my husband and that i wanted to separate but wasnt ready to make that decision. I told hubby how i was feeling so we decided to change a few things.

Its quite funny, but most of what we changed hasnt continued, but we are back on track... mostly.

So in the midst of our blip, we threw away the sperm frozen.. i was a little more reluctant but he was adamant he didnt want anymore, so we chucked away 6 vials of healthy sperm (i could cry)

Ive been telling my husband for some time now that we needed to consider another child, for our DS. He is the type of child that needs a sibling, he has too much love and needs a playmate. Not only that, hubby is 20 years older than me, and as morbid as it sounds, i need to think about when he is gone, what if i get ill? Need looking after? Christmases? I need to share the burden (me) with a sibling so its not all down to my DS.
    Finally, after 2 years, i kinda thought that this time, i wasnt going to get my own way on this one and hadnt mentioned it for a few weeks and out he comes with 'i want another baby'
    Music to my ears.
    Can we afford it? God no, we are up to our eyes in it and we rent so dont even own our own house, but i dont care.

So the original plan was to egg share again, we even had an app booked for tomorrow, but we have decided as this really is our last shot, we may as well pay for our own cycle.
    So, tomorrow, im off to the doctors to get referred. Ive worked out our budget, and worked out how much its going to cost using the clinics price list and comes out just 45 short of our budget, so im pretty nervous that ive missed something!

Im back on the IVF wagon!!!!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Typical, my first day off since friday and the sun has gone in! Yet, here i am eating my lunch 'in the sun' with goosebumps!!!

Me, OH and DS went for a walk this morning which was nice.
    DS skin is so bad from the sun, covered in rashes and scratches, i was given a wad of prescriptions for him so hopefully something will work. We go away to Kos next month so really need to sort it.

We went to the doctors yesterday and he is going to refer us for treatment this week. He said it should take up to 8 weeks for us to get an app.
    When we egg shared in 2014, it was a 6 month wait for the SSR, im not sure if A) its changed now as they only used to do SSR's 1 day a week B) will be different as we are self funding this time.. im hoping its not as long, but if it is, i can reep the benefits of still being able to go on a prebooked holiday next year. Some may say, why not wait til the holiday is over, but im not a patient person and i want to do it before i reach 35.

I have found after trawling through the internet that its hard to find the exact cost of a cycle, the hidden costs and the costs people dont think of, so, at the bottom of each post that is TTC#2 related, im going to state what the treatment has cost so far, detailing every penny.
    I know there was a lady back in 2014 that did it but i cant find it and i know she forked out alot for immunes etc..

So, here we go..

Cost for TTC#2

0 - Lol. Well, if we add the cost of vitamins... its 16so far!!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

We came back from a week abroad today to a lovely letter.

The letter was an appointment for 26th June! Finally!!! Only 2.5 weeks to go.
    I feel a little bad keeping it from my family, i feel like im being dishonest, but its for the best. My mum would worry and i know my sister and dad wouldnt agree with me trying again. So, its best they dont know, until they need to know.

Holiday was great. DS was very up and down with his behaviour. Since turning 3, its like somebody turned the back chat switch. If i ever tell him off for something he has done wrong, i then get a telling off in return! Sometimes its funny... mostly its frustrating!!
    He didnt like the water, unless he was clinging on to my neck for dear life, he didnt like the kids entertainment either. He loved the beach (sand) but all in all, we had a good week.

We managed to sort his skin out and find a sun cream that suited him. For all mums with children with very sensitive skin, try Soltan sensitive (30spf) from boots. Amazing!!!!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Its really warm tonight. DS room is 26 degrees! I never know how best to dress him. So tonight he is in a thin cotton tshirt and his boxers on with a thin (ish) blanket. His window is open and a fan on.
    We tried to take the bed guard away the other night, but he fell out of bed so its back on tonight.

I received a call from my doctors, the cancelled my IVF app at Coventry. To cut a long story short, when i was referred, the person booking my app thought i was asking for funding (even though it clearly stated 'self funding) so my app was made with a consultant that only deals with NHS patients. Lots of tooing and throwing over the past day but i now have an appointment on the 10th July with another consultant in the private section of the centre. The consultant actually did my OH SSR back in 2014.... amd here we are 4 years later asking for another because my husband wanted to throw the last lot away (hashtag im not bitter)
    Talking of SSR, the secretary confirmed there is still a waiting list for SSR as they still on do these once a month. So we have a long wait before we can start. I could strangle him for throwing away good sperm!!!!!!!
    So, thats 3 weeks to wait now... until the next wait anyway!