* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 30409 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
Dear Diary

Ok, so perhaps with all the drugs im pumping myself with is making my gut feeling have an off day.

So, i havent ovulated, well, not until my scan this morning anyway. The nurse looked at my right ovary, started measuring my follicles. I asked how it was looking her response was
'I dont think you should be worrying about not getting enough eggs, we should be worrying that your going to get too many'
Although thats positive news, and im glad it isnt going the way it did on the last cycle, i take what she says with a pinch of salt. Ive been told on many of occasions im going to get X amount of eggs and its never no where near what they 'count'
She couldnt see my left ovary very well as it was hiding around my bowel but she counted what she could. I worry they may not be able to access the left one on EC day.

So she gave me a figure of what she said there were, so lets see.
 Then it was a case of waiting to see what my bloods said.
So, Monday, my E2 level was 8000, and they generally double every 48hrs. I know that levels should be under around 18000 for them to consider EC. Today mine were 20000. I was happy with that as i knew instantly they wouldnt want to coast me over the wkend so they would opt to do EC on friday... which they have.

However, as i have had moderate OHSS previously, they want to closely monitor me on between EC and transfer. Should i feel unwell, or my levels rocket, it will have to be a freeze all cycle, with FET planned once my body has recovered.
I have been given Cabergoline to try and manage my hormone levels.
🤞 i pray i can have transfer next week.

🤞🤞🤞

Trigger is at 21:00.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Im slightly nervous about tomorrow. Im scared they wont get many eggs, or that ive ovulated before i go in. Although i have a big belly, im barely bloated now (comes and goes) with the odd twinge here and there, i feel normal.

Ive worked out i must be 2nd on the list. Ive had my trigger at 20:30 in the past and was 1st, so with a 21:00 trigger, i must be 2nd. I need to be out of there by 12 as i have my best friends sisters funeral at 1.

Wish me luck

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor

24 eggies 🐣

Pray there is a good maturity and fertilisation rate

Feel pretty sore x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

So last night was an early one, was asleep by 8:30. Now wide awake because some pleb is letting off fireworks at this hour....
    Feeling so nervous about the call, ive had the figure 5 in my head for a few days now, whether that is for maturity or fertilisation rate, or a load of tosh (hoping for the latter).

Ive called in sick from work. There is no way i can go in. Im swollen, wont be able to put jeans on thats for sure. It hirts to go for a wee and im really uncomfortable. Im not moaning, im ok with this, part and parcel of the procedure. I always react this way with EC so its nothing new.
    I need to make sure im drinking lots of water when i get up later. I need to make sure im fit for transfer. Im praying, praying that i can do transfer and not a freeze all.

I have to go for a blood test monday so hopefully we will know more then.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    I told you earlier i had the figure 5 in my head...

Ive had the call, so out of 24, this is the breakdown

13 mature
    5 fertilized.

Im happy that its a better outcome than last time but im disappointed of my maturity and fertilisation rate. Clearly my age must have something to do with it.

The embryologist said they normally expect a 60% fertilisation rate, that mine was below average but not concerning.

So my next 2 battles are to make sure im fit for transfer, and that there is at least 1 to transfer

🤞🤞🤞

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Feeling alot better today. Im still so very bloated and it doesnt look like its going down any.... i bloody hope it does, i can barely fit in my jeans.
    Pain wise, im not in pain now, i seem to have recovered pretty quickly compared to previous cycles.

At my clinic, they dont give progress reports and i like that. If i was told today that there was only 2 embryos left, i would be panicking. But this way, i have no idea.

So, i had to go for a blood test today for OHSS. The nurse did mention that they check the embryo's on day 3 and if they were doing that badly, they would call me in to do transfer today. So im guessing, no news is good news. 🤞
    Im still being a pessimist rather that an optimist. I just cant help it. Only 2 more sleeps, and then i will know either way.

So, anyway,  she called later to give me the results and they wasnt too bad so no further blood tests were required (this also means that should i have any embryo's to transfer, we will be going for fresh rather than frozen) 😁
    I do have to wear stockings though. I dont know how long for but im guessing either until wednesday and if they transfer anything, up until my pregnancy test.

I must admit, i am totally pooped. Mentally and physically. There is no way i could ever do IVF again. Its competely taken it out of me.

Lets make this one count 🤞🤞

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Transfer is at 10:15 😬 im super nervous.

I said 'oh so there is 1 there to transfer then'. She laughed and asked if i was worried there wouldnt be. Of course i am.

Ive told them that i dont want to know of quality. I dont want to know of early blasts, morula's etc, as i will only worry and google.

Keep your fingers crossed for me 🤞🤞

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Transfer day is here 😬 im very nervous.

Ive been tossing and turning since 3am. Even managed a dream that all 5 were still going but their grades were shocking... like a 6UU... what the hell is that anyway 🤔

Bloating is starting to go down... however i have realised now that i have put on weight... quite s bit too 😶

So the plan is to get up in a min, see if i can sneak a shower in without waking DS (Not gonna happen) then have some breakfast, get DS ready and taken to school, then to the clinic. I need to pick up my friend as she is coming with me.

Please please please let there be something to transfer 🤞

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

I have no idea what is going on and what my body is playing at, but whatever its doing... let it continue!

Ive never been so nervous... was coming out in a rash as i was so nervous.

So, we arrived at the clinic and the embryologist tells me that out of my 5 embryos....

All 5 were still going strong! What?!?!

Not only that, but 4 of the 5 were top quality. The best would be transferred today, the other 3 would be frozen and the remaining would continue until tomorrow to see if that could be frozen!
    Like what? I couldnt believe it. I still cant.
    Never have we produced such good embryos! My DS was a 3BB!

Once in theatre, i then asked for the grading now that i knew they were good embryos...
    The one i had transferred, being the best was a Hatching 5AA blast (i still cant believe it).

The rest are as follows

5AA
    5AB
    5BB

Im grounded though, this still may not work out for us but it means we are still in with a chance if it doesnt. We can do FET.
    Im so happy. I feel like this time, we have been given a proper chance. Whether it works or not, we had the chance!

OTD is the 18th... bring on the 2ww! 😬

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

1dp5dt

I cant sleep. Im so tired in the evening, so i go to bed early. 3am... bang, wide awake.
    I gave it an hour then gave up and come downstairs for a decaf coffee....
    I feel tired, i just cant switch off.
    Eurgh, back to work today too 😏

Symptom wise.... nothing. Im not bloated, no cramping. I could have the slightest, like ever so very slightest of tender boobs but only when i really prod and could be because i keep prodding!

Im trying to stay positive.