* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 30038 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
Also, i worked out that i should be ready to start downregging around the 26th June, however, Im ovulatong now, which is a week early.
Strange as im normally spot on, if im ever irregular, its always later, not earlier.

Ive also started my metformin and preconception tablets too

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

So, it was DS's 5th birthday on Monday, i cant believe he is 5. He seems so much older just lately. He cracks jokes all the time, loves to make people laugh. He is incredibly affectionate, always telling us he loves us but so very naughty. He really tests what little patience i have!
    Id go as far as saying it was probably his best birthday, very chilled, no timelines.
    Played in the morning, his little friend came over at lunchtime with her mum, they played, we chatted, all socially distanced i may add, it wad hard though. I ordered the ice cream van to come so we all enjoyed ice cream. Then, me, OH and DS went for a lovely walk in a forest of bluebells, irs was so nice.
    Followed up by a chippy tea and wine for me!

So, bit of an eventful day for me yesterday. I took DS out for a walk, whilst out his hayfever kicked off, started with sneezing which then stopped. Then about 15 minutes before we arrived home, it came back, and he couldnt stop rubbing his eyes. By the time we got home, his eye was so swollen, which ended up in both and his face started to swell. He then got what looked like blisters in his eyeballs 🤢. I called the doc after giving him antihistamines and a cold press, the doc prescribed steroids which ive just found out whilst taking these, puts you are higher risk of covid! Luckily the swelling has come down alot, still there and he kind of looks cute with it. Lol.

The clinic called 👏. They wanted to know if im ready to go. And have booked me in for an appointment on 29th May. This is to sign all the consent forms and go through all the measures they have put in place. She said that there are new covid forms to fill in and a few days before transfer, i will have to be tested. She said both of us need to be there on this app, i told her we couldnt because of DS, So the best we can do is bring him, leave him in the car with OH, whilst i sign, then swap over. I told her that my period was due on the 29th, would i be realistic in thinking i could start on day 21 of this cycle. She said she didnt know as they have to limit the amount of people cycling at one time to ensure social distancing. Can you imagine how hard that will be for them to manage? I mean, i have every faith they will do it, but they have their work cut out!

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

So, after talking and thinking thing through, its been decided that im not going to attempt FET on my next period. If things go right and i get a BFP, it means i will have to go abroad on a family trip (it will be very difficult to get out of if its not cancelled by the airline as it will upset family members) when i should be isolating.
    So ive worked out that if i wait until my next period, all being well and on time, then i should start my Buserelin on day 21 which will be 2 days before we fly. We are only there for 3 days. Its just weather the clinic will allow me to go abroad and cycle straight away.
    If not, then i will have to wait until the end of september  which is fine too. I guess i will find out next friday.

The hospital pharmacy called to say my prescription was ready. I havent even put it in yet, but they said the clinic had electronically send it through.
    So i will collect that on friday too.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Can i also make note that i feel super positive about this cycle.
    I really think this time, i could get a baby!
    Obvs, i dont know, could be way of, but still, its a nicer feeling that being negative thats for sure!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

So i came on earlier than i thought. I was expecting to come on this friday coming, instead, i came on on Monday. I may have worked it out wrong but my periods havent been spot on lately. I used to be bang on every 42 days, this cycle was 38 days, the last one, before FET was 56!
    Im also, really wanted to cycle on this cycle. I know that if i get pregnant, i will still have to go away on this family trip, but im hoping things would have changed by then.
    Well, if im hoping anything, im hoping the clinic say its too soon to start on this cycle and to wait. Makes my life easier as no decisions to be made!

App is at 5, hubby has to come, so DS will have to stay in the car whilst i go in, then swap over.

Will update friday xx

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

So we had out nurse planning meeting yesterday.

I slightly confused on what to do but have sort of made a decision if that makes sense.

So, on my last cycle, I called the nurse to tell her of the BFN and I suggested that instead of starting on day 2 like on that cycle, that I start on Day 21, she implied that this would be the right thing to do. It turns out, its not.... apparently.

For someone like  me, who has a cycle that is over 35 days, a start on day 2 is better and means I wont be on Buserelin for longer. I had it in my head that this is what I would be doing, timings worked out perfectly. Now they don't.

Although the clinic have recommended to start on day 2, they did say that ultimately, its my choice. I need to call them next week with my decision and to see if I can fit in for this cycle. But my gut, for the first time is all over the place.
    I remember last cycle, trying to find info on FET when starting on day 2 and there was barely anything there. Is it even that common?

So if I choose to do a day 2, this is where is gets sticky, I have that flaming trip abroad at the start of August which by my workings out, will be the week I will have my transfer. The trip is only for 3 days and the clinic have said its tight but achievable.

However, in the same breath, they have asked me to isolate for 3 days after my covid test the week before transfer so that I don't pass anything into the theatre. But when we got into the logistics of timing, and the nurse said it was achievable, the isolation wasn't mentioned. The trip could happen whilst im meant to be isolating! Yet she said I could have the transfer the day I come back from my  trip, so this is why im confused.  I don't have any issue with having transfer the day before we fly, People go abroad for treatment everyday and fly back.

However, I counted the days from my AF to transfer day of my last FET and it was 36 days, if this is the case, then my transfer will be the week after I come back from my trip, which is fine. It will just mean I will have to take my drugs with me (Will have to see how I go about that with the airline).

I also asked if I could be my progesterone levels be tested before transfer, luckily my consultant is doing a trial at the moment and said I could be part of the trail which means both progesterone and oestrogen levels will be checked and amended accordingly (I hope) 

So that is where we are at..........

Eurgh

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

I spoke to the clinic yesterday. It turns out i wont know if they will fit me in for transfer until the day i call in to say my period has started. To think, this could go on months if they are fully booked all the time

I was told on friday that i was one of the 1st to have their planning meeting so i should get in fine when my period starts in July. However, the nurse told me yesterday that they are already booked up for July so will have to wait and see for an august transfer.

To add, she said i need to isolate away from my hisband for 5 days where possible. I mean, he works nights, i work days (at home) so to a certain extent, i can do this but i cant move out!
    On top of this, it means all the info the nurse gave me about doing my transfer as soon as i come back from my trip, was a load of tosh.

What to do! I think im just going to wait until my period comes and play it by ear. Hopefully, it will be a week late and then that will be problem solved 🙂

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Ive been having some symptoms for about 4 weeks now... palpitations and the need to catch my breath. I called the doc and spoke to a nurse practitioner and was fobbed off with Anxiety due to the pandemic. Ive never suffered with Anxiety, ever. So i left it and the symptoms continued, so i called again and spoke to a GP this time. She said i needed to cut out caffeine for 3 weeks and have a blood test. Ive done both. The need to catch my breath is worse.
    I had my blood results today and apparently i need to repeat them in 2 months. My liver function and bone profile have both come back high... what does that even mean?

Im feeling low. I have been for about 2 weeks now. Working full time, trying to home school on my days off and not having any time to myself (even whilst working) is bloody hard and i neeeeeed a break!

As for treatment... i called the clinic again today as i have been worried about if i come on my period over the wkend. Due to Covid19, we have to call as soon as we come on to find out if we can go ahead.. so if i come on on a sunday Morning, the clinic are not open until monday and dont return calls until the afternoon, i would have missed my 1st morning shot..

The nurse seemed unsure and told me to call them at the end of June as by then i would have known when i ovulated and they will have a better idea on whether i will be going ahead by that point.

*Watch this Space** I bet my bottom dollar when i call i will be told nothing can be done until i physically come on my period and to call back when i have....

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

And so it starts... the endless googling in search of answers for what my unpredictable body is up too!

So, lots of ovary twinges, cramps and EWCM... ovulating? Well yeah, id think so, if it wasnt a week too early..
    So i buy a ovulating kit and im glad i did as it has come back negative.
    So im even more baffled than before!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

My body always does this when i am about to cycle.

Still negative OPK but now my boobs are sore which i get between ovulation and my period. My body is telling me its ovulated, yet i cant be sure because of the tests! On Thursday night, the line was as dark and the control line, but its a CB digi and was a blank smiley. Since the lines have been getting lighter and lighter! So who flaming knows!