* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 29308 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
And so it starts.....

The constant boobie prodding to see if they are hurting...
I think if they are at all tender (not quite sure) its probably all the poking and prodding!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Left boobie is deffo tender.... i *think* this means AF will be here by Monday 😊

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

AF is deffo on her way. Left boobie is sore. So hoping to be on by monday.
    I weighed myself this morning, im 4.5lb over what i want to be and what i was when i did my last cycle that made my DS. So im worrying now that it wont work because of that!
    Finding it increasingly difficult not to tell my sister. She wasnt so positive about me trying again when were were thinking of it back in 2016 so decided we wouldnt tell her.
    Luckily she is in the proceeds are buying a new house and she is super stressed so this is the best excuse to use should she find out.

As for DS, he is back at school this week and he is being such a good boy, no wetting himself either!

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

I started spotting today at about 2 pm. Got all excited thinking it was coming early and would be starting tomorrow but no.... it stopped as soon as it started!
    Urgh! I rarely spot, im either on or not so its annoying.

Work is full on at the minute and becoming increasingly stressful. Im trying to detach from work a little and concentrate on my treatment and my DS but in doing that, work have noticed and have questioned my attitude towards certain aspects of my job. Perhaps i should have been more subtle but its not in my nature. There is so much to it as to why my attitude isnt quite up to scratch to which they recognise and actually agree with but are not willing to change. So it looks like it's on me.

Im so tired tonight, i need a really early night x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Started spotting AGAIN! This time, rather than pink, it was bright red and cramps

I called the clinic, the nurse was a little dismissive in that it NEEDED to be a really heavy flow. I said it wasnt but it was more than spotting and was worries that i wouldnt get a normal heavy flow because of the scratch. She said someone would call me.... but i havent ha md any other call.
    Good job really as it has bloody stopped again!!!!
    Cant keep up!!! Driving me mad!
    Now, it will deffo be monday which means time off work at short notice. Its inevitably going to happen but if i came on today, and had baseline scan tomorrow, less impact on work, even just one day

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

So, the clinic never called me back and my bleed got heavier so i popped there today to see what they said as they dont answer the phones on saturdays. I waited nearly 2 hours for a 30 second conversation! 🤨
    So, even though its a really light period, today is classed a day 1. Why did my consultant say any bleed (period flow) started before 6pm would be classes as day 1... even when he said it i thought it was weird as most clinic count between 12-2...
    So, anyway, i have my baseline scan booked for 8:50 on Monday morning and if all is well, i should start injecting that evening x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Baseline scan done. I will be doing my first injection when DS goes to bed.
    Then followed by a nice slice of chocolate cake 😋.

Next app is Friday. Then Monday.

I pray, i pray i will respond quicker this time. Me and Menopur seem to take a while to bond judging by my last 2 cycles.

DS is good, very snuggly. I want him to be a big brother so badly. He loves babies and he has that sort of character that shouldnt be an only challenge.

Follow me on insta bubbles_ivf_fertility

Cost so far

Consultation 200
    Vitamins 60
    AMH test 80
    SSR 1150
    Follow up app - 170
    Metformin - 7
    OPK - 27
    Scratch - 180
    Fertility drugs - 460
    ICSI - 3330

Total - 5647

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
     Dear Diary

Day 3 of stims. I doubt anything is going on. I have a few twinges and cramps but judging by my last 2 cycles, nothing happened until day 8-10.

I have a scan friday.

Work are being good too.

Im so tired, im off to bed.

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Woke up this morning quite bloated and crampy so i had an feeling that things were progressing.
    I had my scan, lining is thickening up nicely (her words, not mine) and she confirmed my ovaries were responding! Yay!
    Last time, it took 10 days before i started to respond.

I am slightly uncomfortable, even on day 5 of stims, its not too bad though.

Cetrotide starts tonight 😁😁

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Ive been bloated on and off all day. I was talking to my manager earlier, and i had a sudden sharp pain in my ovary, its stopped me in my tracks and almost took my breath away!

Clinic called at around 1. They want to drop my dose to 150.
    Well, originally, she thought i was already on 150 so asked me to drop it to 112.5, that was, until i told her i was actually on 225. She said on my notes it stated 150 but all was fine and drop down to 150 anyway. So looks like im doing the opposite of the last cycle! Crazy!
    Just done my first cetrotide injection, i forgot how it stings. Although the needle is bigger and fatter, i found it so much easier injecting that, than the menopur injections.

In other news, the nursery pulled me in to ask if i would allow then to refer DS for speech and language. His talking is fine. But they say he parrots alot which is concerning them, and if this is case, they want to start tackling it before he starts school.
    I havent noticed it at all and personally, i dont think there is an issue there but i will follow their lead and agree to what they recommend..
    X