* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 30410 times)

0 Members

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
Dear Diary

Started spotting around 13:45... it soon stopped again... had nothing since 😫 My body is teasing me 🖕

So, a friend/work colleague decided to start TTC a month ago... literally her first month of trying... Bang... pregnant. Im very excited for her. She has used 2 cheap test, the lines have got darker but she wont believe it until she has used a FRER. But clearly, she is. Ive seen the tests  they are not evaps etc.
This makes me nervous. I feel like this isnt going to work for me now, like my cycle will fail just so i can endure her pregnancy and think 'i should be a month after her'

Weird how the mind works but this hasnt given me PMA at all

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Spotting again. Well, i was. Its drying up again.
    Praying by the morning it will be a full flow... but hey, lets face it.... it probably wont!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Full flow is here 😁

Ive called the clinic to arrange a scan for tomorrow, just waiting for a call back.

Ive had a massive headache since yesterday, could be period related perhaps.

Im looking forward to finally getting the ball rolling.

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Clinic called to say they had no appointments for tomorrow so asked me it i could get there within the hour, which i did.
    I had my baseline scan, and was given the go ahead to start injecting tomorrow evening.

This clinic makes me laugh though. Me and my consultant had agreed on a doseage this time around.
    Although with my cycle resulting in DS was slow (took until day 18 to respond) and i ended up with OHSS, it worked a hell of alot better than the recent cycle i had with a higher dose (ended up over responding and subsequently having nothing to transfer) so we decided to start lower but still standard of 150iu.
    The nurse came in after having a chat with a different consultant, and suggested we meet in the middle and start at 187iu. I said no, id rather take no risks, even if it costs me more in the long run due to needing more drugs, so be it.

Looks like im gonna have to keep an eye on what they advise. Im not going to bow down to every suggestion this time, i need at least a fighting chance of this working.

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Now, ive never taken this approach before..
     Some may not agree with it but its working for us.

Currently, sitting with a glass of wine and a packet of chocolate digestives. We are totally taking the 'relaxed approach' this time. I havent prepped my body, ive still had wine once a week.
    I really believe that if its going to work, its going to work. Im not taking the mick, i know once that 1st injection is done, up my water intake goes, healthy eating and no wine.

So im embracing that last night of wine and biccies.... hopefully for a long long while x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Another one to add to 2019 poop list... OH and DS were involved in a car accident this morning.

DS is uninjured, thank god. OH had to go to hospital for neck, should and leg pain. All ok now though, no lasting damage hopefully although he is sore.
    It wasnt OH fault, somebody drove into the back of him, hot pretty hard and shunted him into the car in front. Subsequently, the car is a write off! Im so annoyed, this will cost us money now as his car is the cheap runaround and worth barely anything. So insurance wont pay out much for it.

I will do my 1st injection at 7... feel like the world has been dead set against us doing this cycle considering how much bad luck we have had!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

Now on the hunt for a new car. Another knock on the bank balance 🙄
    We seriously need to get back on our feet before Xmas comes and hubby needs to find a full time job by then. He has an interview tomorrow so fingers crossed for that.

On day 3 on stims. Just done my 3rd injections. Funny, ive injected myself on and off for 7 years. 6 cycles and 7 months of clexane injections and tonight was the first night that ive just whacked the needle in. Ive always done it really really slowly because i was scared it would hurt doing it fast.

Scan is on Tuesday, i dont expect much progress. The last time i was at this stage when trying for DS on the same dose, i didnt respond until day 17! I pray that this isnt the case this time!

X

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    So DH was offered a full time job today... and i feel like crying.
    I dont know if its hormones but i feel fed up and at the end of my tether with it all.

He passed all tests and assessments with flying colours and was offered a job instantly. Great.
    Only when he is handed a brief of the contract, it states any 5 from 7... he was told Sunday - Thursday.
    It also stated his shift would be his allocated start time +/- 2 hours. This is worrying. His allocated start time is fine, but push that back 2 hours so he is starting 2 hours later, then given a long shift, means im late for work. When DH raised this, the manager said they dont actually do it, never have so he need not worry, but the fact its in the contract means they could start at any time i guess.
    I really dont know if taking this job is the right thing to do. But i dont feel like we are in a position to turn down a full time position so close to Christmas (DH line if work means after Xmas, it goes quiet until April time). The pay is OK... its not exciting but it will pay the bills. I guess we have no choice but to accept it. He has emailed the manager who offered him the job to clarify a few concerns he has. Whether by doing this, it talks him out if the job then so be it, but we all nee to know where we stand. So we will see.
    Such crap timing.

So, today, ive been bloated, but thats probably down to how much crap ive eaten over the wkend. I did have some pain in that area this morning, but it felt more central, like my cervix or something rather than my ovaries.

Anyway, scan tomorrow at 9:20 so we will see if things are progressing.

Eurgh, being an adult is dire....

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

I think DH is going to accept the job. The manager replied and sounded really positive and said they support full time working families so with that, i think its the right thing. Funny, the place he is temporarily working at have now said they are in the process of offering him a full time job. Trouble is, he will have to do around 15hrs a week more where he is working now to match the money he has been offered at this other one, so its a none brainer.

Went for my scan today, its pretty much mimicking the cycle i had back in 2014 which resulted in my son. I didnt respond until day 13.

So, i have lots of follicles, which is normal for someone that has PCOS. They range from 5-8mm with 2 being a little over 8mm.
    I asked if it looked like i was responding and she said it was hard to say.
    She took my bloods. She then called at about half 2 and said that the consultant decided to continue on 150iu and start the cetrotide tomorrow. I asked what my blood levels were and she said 319.
    Its literally the same as the 2014 cycle. In that cycle, when i went back for my scan 2 days on, my blood level actually dropped to 180... so it will be interesting what they will be on friday.

I feel no different whatsoever x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear diary

Ive done my 1st cetrotide this evening. It took a while to draw if up... it was fiddley but soon sorted it.
    My stomach looks like a pin cushion.

Not sure how im feeling. I keep getting bloated, but then it goes back to normal, ive had some CM too but im trying not to read too much into it as it could mean nothing.

Patience levels are -50 at the moment. Im noticing im getting narked really easy. I will nees to speak to the clinic when i see them next as they need to manipulate my scans. I have a funeral a week on friday and i know that they will want me in for a scan, but work are giving me the afternoon off for the funeral so i cant really go off for a scan in the morning. I feel like that would be taking the mick. So hopefully the clinic can work around that day, if not  i will have to book a half day holiday or something.

Will update friday after my scan, fingers crossed things are moving forward.