* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 47285 times)

0 Members

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
Dear Diary

18 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant

All weekend i have been completely pooped. I thought you were meant to feel better in the 2nd trimester... but i am exhausted.
Ive been really tearful today, probably as im so tired. But dealing with serious mummy guilt. No patience, tires, and no motivation to so anything with my poor DS.
I have also been thinking about the kind of mother i am and how this wasnt how i envisaged. Which then makes me question how i will cope with 2 children.
Not question as such... but im a worrier... so i worry i wont cope... i think its just hormones as i am so excited for all of this.
I explained to DS over dinner today how tired i am growing a baby and it will continue until baby Ned 'pops' (his words).
He did no more than tidy all his toys away, sorted the sofa out with a blanket laid across so i could relax! My heart melted.

As for Ned, i was feeling him loads this week... little flutters and twitches... now... nothing! Nothing for 2 days! Ive checked the heartbeat so i know all is ok (i know this isnt a reliable way of reassurance in later pregnancy) but i guess he has changed position and kicking into me rather than out of me if that makes sense.

Work is utterly rubbish at the moment too.

Its nearly a year (in about a week) that i had my
chemical pregnancy. Its amazing how a year can change things!
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

18 Weeks and 4 Days pregnant

And out come the gaviscon...
    Heartburn has been lingering in the background, even toast set it off this morning.

As for sleep. Im having a sick say today as im exhausted. I was up at half 3 this morning and 4 yesterday morning. All because of congestion.
    So i called the doctor and he has prescribed a steroid nasal spray, but im unsure i can take it. Funny, she said i couldnt have a saline spray! So i have no idea what to think

Baby Neds movements are back. I love feeling him and cant wait for OH and DS to feel him too.

X

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

20 Weeks and 2 Days Pregnant

Sleep has improved. Im actually back to getting some. I realised that the reason for the congestion was probably because i had the flu Jab a few days before.

Bump isnt growing as fast as i thought/would like it too. I was pretty big at 12 weeks so i think baby has just used up the baby bloat. I mean, im evidently pregnant but i wouldn't necessarily sat im massively bigger than i was 3-4 weeks ago.

Neds movements are up and down. Last week, (Thursday) he was on the go all day, even seen my belly move (im now questioning that due to now lack of movment) then since then, slowed right down. Im still feeling him move and kick, but its pretty low down whereas the other day, it was in line with where my belly button is.

We have our 20 week scan tomorrow so in hoping to know his position then. The 20 week scan is always a little nerve racking isnt it as this is a detailed scan to ensure of no abnormalities.
    Once all is confirmed that baby is ok, im really praying that he is in a decent position to A) Allow the sonographer to get all the measurements she needs and see everything functioning... and B) to allow us to get a decent pic as we havent had 1 decent picture yet.

DS has swapped rooms. He was in the front room but as the house quite high, any wind or rain, would wake him and he is scared, the back room, as the is houses and trees, breaks the wind and therefore is quieter. So he is happier in there. This means Ned will have his room.
    DS talks to Ned everyday and strokes my bump, its just lovely to see and be apart of.
    DS is still doing amazing at school, no red card now since September which is amazing. Super proud! Hope it continues.

As for Neds real name when he is born, i think we have decided, although im still not 100%. Im holding out hope that DS and OH start liking the other name on our list, which they do... just not as much as the one at the top.

X

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

20 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant

So we had our 20 week scan yesterday. Ned was his usual self of acting up and not cooperating. 😂.
    Again in his comfy position of head down to the bottom left of my uterus.
    The sonographer managed to check everything, apart from his heart. She said from what she could see, she had no concerns, it was just that due to his position, she couldnt get the clearest picture of it.
    So i have to go back on the 11th for another scan.

Ned is definitely a boy, he wasnt shy on showing her that!

So i have a consultant app on friday, where i would like to bring up the lack of care ive had from the midwives.

I have a scan on the 4th at the fetal medicine to check my cervix, then a scan on the 11th too!

Movements arent great this morning. He must be having a lazy morning.

I have a day off today, so ive just finished watching Grest British bake off, going to cook a full english and watch Christmas Chronicles 2 on Netflix!

X