* Author Topic: The life of a full time working mumma to a miracle boy 💙  (Read 53050 times)

0 Members

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
Dear diary

27 Weeks Pregnant

So, i had my final cervix scan on Wednesday. All is fine, placenta has moved too so that was a weight of my mind. I really dont want a C Sec. I understand that this is still a possibility, if a natural birth doesnt go to plan.
So ive been discharged from that clinic now. Really nice people there.
I had my growth scan yesterday. Ned is just below 50th centile so all is fine.
As i said, they will induce me around my due date but if i go into natural labour after 37 weeks, and all is fine with my health and babies, i will be suitable for the birth centre which makes me really happy. Im considering a water birth if all goes well but i dont want to be set on it as it depends on availability on the day.

Ive asked my work to be furloughed for a number of reasons, mainly childcare, and although HR havent given an answer yet, I've been told that the business hasnt furloughed 1 employee (I work for a very popular supermarket) so its unlikely they will allow it. It shocks me that a business of that size, and they havent furloughed anyone. So in case of this, ive asked for any additional support.
My consultant is sending a letter to me next week for work, advising i work reduced hours due to the riskof preterm labour, but i need to be careful, as i really cant afford a drop in wages.
We will see but think im going to have to wing it. Perhaps have some time off sick if it gets too much.

So, plan is to have my glucose test done on Tuesday and Anti D the week after. I have another scanand consultant app at the start of Feb.
I seen a really nice midwife there, who was one of my midwives with DS. She asked if i was seeing midwives and i said no. I explained the reasons and she understood. But she said she really thought I still should see 1 for the reasons that 1) point of contact and 2) It can be a long time between seeing a consultant and sometimes not a personal experience.
So we have decided that I will see a midwife that works part time who also was my midwife with DS, so im to expect a call from her next week.

So today we are collecting most of the baby things we orders, car seat, snuzpod, mattress, baby carrier etc,which im excited about. My push chair will be ready next month.

Nursery is getting started today but wont be finished for a a few weeks. OH is starting it today and will do bits here and there, but has a week off the week after next to do the bulk of it.

Also, now starting to buy the stuff for my hospital bag, need a new nightie for giving birth in, then some nice PJ's for after.

Its all go, and so exciting.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

28 Weeks and 1 Day pregnant

Glucose test done although being told it was take a day or 2 for the results, i still havent received them.

Insomnia is a woman! On Tuesday, i woke at 00:30 and couldnt get back to sleep, today, was 5am and here i am! It happens a couple of times a week now and it kills me. I had to call in sick on Wednesday as i was just too tired. Even with the best nights sleep, im exhausted by midday.

Anti D is booked for Tuesday and my appointments calm down and les frequent.

OH is off this week and is doing the nursery, hopefully will be finished by midweek.

Home schooling and working full time starts tomorrow and im dreading it. Im going to give it a go but im not optimistic that i will cope.

Pushchair arrived this week, im itching to get it up! 

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

28 Weeks and 6 Days Pregnant

What a crappy week. So homeschooling DS and working is just as rubbish as i thought it would be.
    Im going to continue to to try but ive spoken to my union rep today to ask if i should expect to be paid if i went off sick with stress. He said i should, so im going to continue to try with this option at the back of my mind.

Nursery is almost done, just waiting for a few pictures to be delivered and its complete 😄

Currently washing all of Ned's hospital things. I figured i should get it all packed as DS was early and im at risk of another early baby. So aim to have it all packed by 30 weeks.

The worst part of the week was yesterday. After spending a week chasing my 28 week bloods and GTT results, and speaking to 3 different people/departments, i have found out that i have gestational diabetes. Im really upset about this. Lockdown 1.0 - Wine got me through, this one chocolate and cake got me through... now i have nothing.
    Im even more upset that nobody called me to let me know the results and they actually sat on them for a week as they only take a day or 2 to come through. So as much as i didnt want to, i have put a formal complaint against my midwifery team as (if you read further back in my diary) they have failed me at every opportunity that they could in this pregnancy. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but not no more.
    Funny, i put it in yesterday, today i got my letter come through to see the diabetes team next week, then my midwife messaged apologising for the delay, that she has checked my results and the an app is on the post... still didnt tell me i had GD!

GD seems a minefield and its scary. I dont get my testing kit until Tuesday so i was advised by the matron to cut out the obvious sugars until then, chocolate, cake etc.
    Ive been researching a bit and it seems so complicated. But a friend of mine had GD and said try to start by eating normal stuff to see what my body can tolerate...

Only silver lining is i hope to lose all the baby weight ive put on before the baby actually arrives!!

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

29 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant

Day 6 without chocolate 😭.
    I picked up my GD kit yesterday and started testing today.
    Now fasting levels have to be below 5.5 and mine was 4.3. And i then have to test 1 hour after a meal of which has to be under 7.8
    I had porridge with raspberries and a half a tsp of sweetener and my level was 6.2. So far seems ok.
    Im going to have a tuna sandwich on normal wholemeal bread and see what that does (i pray my levels stay under 7.8 which meals i can have normal bread, but i dont hold much hope.)

Im going to stick to slimming world recipes as much as possible but lower my carbs and obviously not have chocolate for my syns.
    I braved the scales and im about 35lbs up 😬 so im really hoping that i will lose if not, maintain the weight i have put on.

I have a few days off work now so can concentrate on homeschooling DS and actually completing all that is set rather than just some.

X

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

31 Weeks Pregnant

So Monday i had a growth scan. The sonographer said baby had lost a couple of centiles and wanted me to go over to maternity to be monitored. It was nice that they were being cautious but it was a bit of a waste of time. Baby was fine and they said he may have dropped ever so slightly, but it was nothing concerning.

I seen my consultant yesterday, she said the same. But as a result, i have a follow up scan in 2 weeks, to keep an eye on him.
    My bump is measuring 34 weeks! Although as ive had a growth scan and baby is fine and fluid is normal, they are not concerned.
    Consultant has confirmed they will be inducing me at 38 weeks which is about 27th March (please Ned, dont come on April fools).
    Im happy with this as it relieves the stress of OH rushing back if i go into labour at night. Mostly he delivers 2-3 hours away, so i would stress he wouldnt be back in time.

I have to meet with my new midwife and the Matron soon to discuss the complaint i put in against the midwives ive seen and the lack of care i have been given. Its so awkward, 1 of them messaged me yesterday asking if i wanted an appointment with her (clearly she had no idea about the complaint) then last night she messaged saying she had just received an email telling her of my complaint so she wont bother me again. It made me feel bad. I dont want to get anyone into trouble but i also want it to be recognised that the care i have received throughout this whole pregnancy is not good enough and to avoid anyone else receiving care like it.

The GD is being managed. Havent gone over my levels and im currently still eating carbs. No chocolate though (its killing me) but my weight has pretty much maintained too so thats a good thing. Im attempting to make GD brownies today so hopefully they will cure my chocolate craving.

DS is getting so excited, especially as talk yesterday was of the baby coming shortly. I cant wait to see them together, to see if Ned looks like him.

So, maternity leave has been brought forward, i was leaving on the 19th March but now i hope to leave on the 4th. I have holiday so i want my manager to move my holiday to the 4th to the 9th and officially maternity would start on the 10th. However, this will mean him needing to cover the wkend as he has an incompetent manager working so he may say no.
    If thats the case, he will need to cover it anyway as i will just keep my original holiday and finish the week before.
    So i either finish in just over 3 weeks or just over 3 weeks!

Eeeek! Having a baby next month i am!

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

32 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant

Not lots to report. I have another growth scan on Tuesday and seeing the consultant, midwife and Matron (Hopefully) on Friday. I am seeing the matron following the complaint I put in regarding my care throughout my pregnancy.

Ive been weighing myself and I have put on around 4lbs on in 3 weeks so im ok with that. They say we should be put on a lb a week so im almost there. I would have liked to have lost a little given the change of diet, but im still eating carbs as my body is tolerating them so that's probably why I haven't. Plus, imagine how much weight I would have put on if I was still eating what I was before GD! I dread to think!!

I had some boobie leakage last night. Never experienced it before in this or previous pregnancy but it definitely was. It has made me feel really excited that this baby is coming really soon. And it has made me feel hopeful that perhaps this time, I may have enough to actually breast feed!

So less that 6 weeks to go. I doubt I will get my induction date until im around 36 weeks, I would like it before then so may book my 36w growth scan at 35 weeks.

So so exciting!!!

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

33 Weeks Pregnant

Ok, so ive reached the 'uncomfortable' stage of pregnancy. I had a scan on Tuesday and they told me that Neds head was really low down so explains the waddling. But the past 2 days, i feel like there is quite alot of pressure around my nun and i really struggle bending over, whether standing or sitting as its quite uncomfortable, almost painful.
    Feet are swollen constantly as well. BP slightly raised but no protein in my wee. All through this pregnancy, BP hasnt been low so my consultant isnt concerned.

I now have to go for scans and see the consultant every 2 weeks as DS was a small baby and Ned is measuring around the 10th centile.
    My next scan is 3rd March and i see the consultant on the 5th where i will do my birth plan and get my induction date! Eeeeeek! So excited to know the date. So i can get prepared.
    I only have 9 shifts left at work too.

The GD is under control. I managed a chinese takeaway last night, albeit, not what i normally have but still quite carby and my levels were high but still within the normal range.
    I cant tell you how much i miss chocolate. I miss looking forward to putting DS to bed and having sweet treats. Ive now done just over 4 weeks of this new 'diet' and as they are inducing me at 38 weeks, i only have 5-6 weeks left.
    Chocolate will be packed in my hospital bag and ive already ordered a cake to be made when i come out of hospital. I intend of eating what i want to get me through the challenging part of breast feeding, then back on to slimming world to lose the baby weight.

Anyway, off to enjoy another boring lockdown saturday.... when will this ever end 😭
    X

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

33 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

So, im in hospital 🙄.
    Ive been admitted for high blood pressure.

Personally i dont think it warranted a stay in hospital but im not a professional.
    The hospital is extremely busy and had to put us on a different ward because they are so busy, this is what makes me think its not a decision they take lightly.

My readings have been

159/93
    151/85
    189/98
    130/84
    141/... something.

So still high and ive had meds to bring it down. Feet are really swollen and they found a trace of protein in my wee along with something else that could indicate an infection.

Feels a little like DS all over again as im in the same gestation week now as i was when i had him. As much as im impatient and i cant wait to meet him, i dont want him early...

Hoping i dont have any snorers on my ward. Wondering when they will turn the lights out...

4 hours observations so great sleeping for me tonight.

I reckon i will be home tomorrow though

X

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Dear Diary

34 Weeks Pregnant

I got out of hospital last night after being diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia.
    No immediate action needed apart from blood pressure tablets which has lowered my BP. They have given me the shakes though, my hands havent stopped shaking since i took the first tablets.

Ive decided to call it a day at work and have gone on sick for the next week, then a week of holiday, then my maternity will start on the 11th.

Hospital doesnt cater well for GD so i worry when i get induced, i will not have anything to eat 😏

Im super tired at the moment, pregnancy is started to take its toll..

If i make it until Monday, i would have passed the point of when i had DS.

Oooo nap time