* Author Topic: Any positive stories for over 40's with own eggs?  (Read 7714 times)

0 Members

Offline Donít give up

• Un-Ranked
  • TTC first baby with IVF/ICSI
My forth cycle was cancelled as my ovaries didn't respond (I think it was too soon) and the cycle before that ended in a chemical. Waiting for AF to start next round but I'm feeling very down, very negative, and I feel like the baby I'm so desperate for is never going to come. I'm not ready to move on to donor eggs just yet as I can't give up on my own eggs. The only stories I seem to hear are from donor eggs, there must be some hope with my own. I'd love to hear some positive stories after multiple rounds. I'm 42, AMH is 4.0, FSH is normal although my doctor says it's on the high side of normal. Thank you all.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flyby

modify
    Any positive stories for over 40's with own eggs?
    « Reply #1 on: 31/03/17, 21:21 »
    It worked for me on the fifth try when I was 44. I thought it would probably take longer and was prepared to try as many times as possible, both financially and emotionally, until it worked. It's definitely not impossible like statistics sometimes have you believe, but it is a harder, longer process as you get older and I think really takes skill in determining the right protocol and some top embryology skills in the mix! Have a read through my posts in case they are helpful, I have explained things in more detail on various threads. F x

Offline Donít give up

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 1/04/17, 18:34 »
    Flybe, thank you so much. I don't know how to use this site! It's not very user friendly. How do I see your other posts? I am also willing to keep going for as long as it takes....until I can't take any more emotionally. I'm very lucky that money isn't an issue as we both have great jobs.
    I clicked on your name but it just brings up your profile. You are the only reply I've had! Thank you! You have definitely given me hope but I'm keen to see what clinic and protocol you used.xx

Offline Donít give up

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 1/04/17, 18:34 »
    Flyby!!!!! I mean...

Offline Flyby

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 1/04/17, 22:41 »
    So glad it's given you hope, to see someone's just click on the username, then look on the left hand side of the screen (below the name) and there will be a few options...click 'show posts', if you have any further questions after reading, there is also an option to send PM X

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/04/17, 10:35 »
    Hi hun

I think we all know over 40 that it's likely to take a while  :-\ it did for me but as you can see from below we have our boys now  :) I got pregnant at 42. I was pregnant also at 41 but had a miscarriage  :'(

Any other questions just ask  ;) it IS a numbers game I think (if everything else is take out of the equation) and so it comes down to how many times you can bring yourself to go through it emotionally and financially....

Good luck  ^hugme^

Grey xx

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 13/04/17, 10:46 »
    I am 41 and just had a positive bfp, this is my 4th fet, the last 3 I lost around 5 weeks so am hoping this one sticks. Often it's just a numbers game and finding the good eggs,lots of the eggs produced during ivf are abnormal unfortunately. I produce lots of eggs so have pgs so that I now what is going back in is viable,I also have immune issues so have treatment for that. I will keep going until I get my baby,for me the thought of giving up is scarier than keep going and having m/c's

Offline raindancer

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 15/04/17, 22:38 »
    I'm 41 and currently 24wks pregnant after 2nd icsi with own eggs, so it's definitely possible!

I was on short protocol and got 11 eggs at ec which dwindled to just 2 viable to transfer both times... got lucky 2nd go. I use the word lucky purposely as I really do think that is what it comes down to

I didn't do or take anything special- there's a lot of snake oil out there, especially for us oldies! Only advice I can give you is what I did myself: take care of yourself - eat well, exercise regularly, cut down/out alcohol & caffeine, take time out to do things that make you happy/ relaxed but above all stay positive - it will happen for you  ^hugme^

Best of luck xx

Offline Gemini40

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 1/05/17, 17:07 »
    Hi, i am 20 weeks pregnant naturally at 41 next month. I previously went through OE and DE IVF and got no where. My Amh was 2.2 when I conceived naturally.

Offline Whirlygig

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 9/05/17, 13:42 »
    I had my 1st at 40, naturally conceived after 2 miscarriages. We started trying again when DS was 9 months old. Kept getting pregnant but miscarried 4 times. It was only then we started IVF, using my own eggs. Had my 2nd at 43 via ICSI and PGD. We had 1 frozen embryo left, which we tried in January 2017 with little expectations that it'd stick. (I even had counselling to prepare for not being able to have this final, very much wanted family member.) Now 18 weeks pregnant with my miracle no. 3 at the age of 46. So yes, it can happen! Good luck and best wishes.