* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 77711 times)

0 Members

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
New home for all of you currently cycling at IVF Spain Alicante.

Happy chatting and sending you lots of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
    « Reply #1 on: 2/04/17, 20:22 »
    Betty21 welcome to the thread. Best of luck with your journey. Xxx
    Cookson17 thank God they got back to you. Best of luck with your cycle. Xxx

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 3/04/17, 14:18 »
    Thank you!

Alicante is lovely!The apartamentos barbera3 are lovely such a good recommendation!

Am worried about this cycle as I have a feeling we won't get many eggs and will end up doing embryo banking-but I suppose I just need to go without!

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 3/04/17, 18:24 »
    Are you doing pgs testing Cookson17?
    So wish I was in alicante now.

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 3/04/17, 18:44 »
    Yes we will do PGS-we did it for the first cycle and had my son so we will do it for this one as well

Offline RachLew

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 7/04/17, 08:09 »
    Hey Cookson,
    You are worring me honey!! How are you doing?

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 7/04/17, 14:34 »
    Hi All
    Got back from Alicante on Saturday and have only just had a chance to catch up with everyone. 
    Congratulations to all the positive news so nice to read :)
    I've just had a 2nd biopsy and after a chat with the doctor have decided to send off our 5 embryos for PGS Testing.  It was a hard decision whether to go for a 3rd round but we decided to go ahead with the ones we have.  Fingers crossed we will have a good one for transfer.  Ive just received an email saying we may have to do another biopsy and a moch cycle.  Did all you ladies have a moch cycle before transfer?
    Fingers crossed for everyone who's cycling at the moment xx

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/04/17, 16:33 »
    Hey-had a scan today and have to go back again tomorrow for another one.

Dr Szlarb reckons there will be about 10 follicles

Egg collection will be Monday or Tuesday - such a roller coaster this time

Hope everyone ok

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 7/04/17, 17:56 »
    Wonder if i can join on here -im not at Alicante but at Tarragona in spain - ive currently started treatment for DE  which if all goes to plan will be transferred on 8th may this will be my 3rd attempt after 2 sucessful results and 2 beautiful girls.
    Last 2 times i had fresh cycle both from the same donor and both times had 2 day 3 embies put in - this time ive been told due to my age they will only put it one hopeful blast for a healthy pregnancy and they have 18 frozen eggs in the bank from the same donor - they will thaw 9 and go from there - i am totally new to all this and dont know anything about frozen eggs so wondered if anyone could help - all i have been told is its a 5 to 10% less sucessful than a fresh cycle which scares me - DH is such a confident person and has always said keep positive and i always think the worse -im sure its only to protect myself, i wish they would do 2 but they wont and i know it only takes one but in the past we have never got to day  5 as the quality wasnt brilliant so they wanted to put back at day 3 so not sure how they are convinced they will get to day 5 now?

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 7/04/17, 19:34 »
    If you got pregnant with day 3 embryos then they probably think that there is a good chance that those embryos would have made it to blastocyst. Talks to the clinic again about your concerns.