* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 78838 times)

0 Members

Offline RachLew

modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #170 on: 25/05/17, 15:35 »
Hi ladies,
@nemo: Fingers crossed honey!! I'm sure medication will help you!! Let us know how it goes...
@janedu: I'm worried for you!! Are you ok?
@Renee73: yes, I had implantation cramps for both pregnancies... What did you beta say??
@Megkegs: Congratulations on Mia Hon.
@Tinseltown: Welcome to the chat! We had the ED exclusive 2 years ago (plan and prices have changed since then) bc I have a very low ovarian reserve. We chose the exclusive bc we wanted sibblings. We had a son last year and I'm actually pregnant of my second transfer a month ago. We also chose a plan with blastocysts and paid for the Eeva Time-lapse. Still have 2 in the freezer ;) Don't hesitate if you have more questions. It's true that they have many plans but actually when we went to the first visit, the Dr. didn't even had a look at them, she did the visit focussing on our case and at the end the options for us were not that many and decision was easy.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #171 on: 25/05/17, 19:12 »
    I hope by posting here I can help someone who is in the same situation as me. I am at the end of the road with IVF Spain they have absolutely broken me. I had my transfer and was tested today. I was still in Spain so had the test here. My transfer was never going to work my progesterone was too low, they never reviewed my bloods on the day of transfer despite them being low on my previous transfer (I had an eptopic pregnancy) today I was told it was my fault. I had asked the nurse on the day of transfer what my levels were, she never got back to me and the doctor today said it was my fault I should have emailed her. I had no follow up care and I wasn't monitored as I had been before. I wasn't even examined before transfer and they never read my notes I bought post eptopic pregnancy. This was literally my last chance and I had 0 chance with my bloods the way they were. Please chase them make sure you get results and don't believe them unless they show you results on paper I am broken and apparently I am to blame x

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 25/05/17, 22:40 »
    Rachlew I'm grand. I'm just a bit fed up having to wait until September /October but I know it is for the best.
    Kerrygirl sorry to hear about your experience. I've also had low progesterone levels both times. Last time they prescribed me injections. What is your next plan?

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 26/05/17, 01:59 »
    I have no plan, I will go back to Ireland. Complain to the clinic and if that fails I will go to the medical council in Spain because they failed to review my bloods my ivf cycle was pointless the dr admitted that today a complete and utter waste of money and time. They should have checked me especially after an eptopic pregnancy

Offline Whitedove

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #174 on: 26/05/17, 08:41 »
    Kerrygirl that is awful soo sorry, yes I would definently persue it with them. Out of interest when should I expect them to review levels? I am currently taking progynova for my real DE cycle going out Monday with a view for transfer towards end of next week / early following week. Got me worried now as nobody has mentioned further blood tests yet.

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 26/05/17, 09:05 »
    White dove - are you having a lining scan here before you leave or when you get there?
    I had mine done there and they increased my progynova only by one extra pill a day but my lining was already at 10 - I'm still taking the extra even now and I'm now 5+2 weeks. They should do blood work when you get there to check levels x

Offline Whitedove

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #176 on: 26/05/17, 09:12 »
    I had the last one done here yesterday and it was 8.5 and I'm on 6mg of progynova daily, they've not mentioned to start taking the utrogestan / cyclogest pesseries yet or anything about a scan or hormone level tests there. The only thing I've been told to go in for the day we get there is a blood test to check my thyroid antibodies are still going down as this is my of my problems. Thank you for for reply, I think I'll query the rest.

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 26/05/17, 10:28 »
    Progrestrogen should be at least 10 mine was 5 on the transfer and they still did it, they should have increased my urogest but no doctor picked up on it, I queried it but the nurse just ignored me please make sure you check everything I trusted them and I lost my last chance x

Offline Whitedove

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #178 on: 26/05/17, 10:40 »
    It's my lining that's at 8.5 not progesterone. Not been told yet to take my urogest or had any mention of blood work. So this should be checked day of transfer then? Maybe they are just waiting until they know I'm in Spain on Monday before asking me to go in. Trying to arrange things over email and at distance makes it soo much more stressful!

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 26/05/17, 11:04 »
    Hi whitedove firstly so sorry I wish you all the luck in the world ! Email them if you can say that you don't want to end up in my situation that's no problem and make sure that everything is included in your plan. I don't want to worry anyone I just don't want anyone to be disappointed because their results are wrong and their ivf won't work x