* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 78841 times)

0 Members

Offline RachLew

modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #180 on: 26/05/17, 14:40 »
Hello ladies,
@kerrygirl, what a terrible day you had honey! I'm so sorry for you and truly hope you will find a solution to make your miracle come true. Don't lose hope. Look at us, it will make you stronger I'm sure.
Regarding progesterone, I'm a bit surprised. For the previous pregnacy, mine was already low and they did increase the medication 2 days bf transfer. This time too. They checked my blood when I came to the clinic, increased the progesterone bc it was low and they also checked my line and progesterone the day of the transfer like @betty21 But you're advice is wise: double check with you assistant is for the best!
@whitedove: good luck on Monday!! Try to relax and enjoy the sun^^ Did you manage to have some answers by email yet?
afm, I have a question: what do you think about not knowing the gender of your baby? For Axel, I absolutely wanted to know and did even give hubby a chance to have an opinion about it ^^ but this time he wants me to do it his way and not know the gender... I'm not sure I can. How do you ladies feel about it?
Baby dust xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 26/05/17, 15:42 »

@kerrygirl, what a terrible day you had honey! I'm so sorry for you and truly hope you will find a solution to make your miracle come true. Don't lose hope. Look at us, it will make you stronger I'm sure.
    Regarding progesterone, I'm a bit surprised. For the previous pregnacy, mine was already low and they did increase the medication 2 days bf transfer. This time too. They checked my blood when I came to the clinic, increased the progesterone bc it was low and they also checked my line and progesterone the day of the transfer

Thanks I was surprised to, I was completely distracted my mum is battling cancer and we have to get the treatment as soon as possible to ensure that she gets to see the children, the clinic knew this, my progesterone levels were going to be even lower this time as last time I lost an ovary and fallopian tube, but I did ask at the clinic on the day of transfer. The nurse just shrugged her shoulders at me and Dr Sz..... said yesterday it was my fault if I was worried I should have spoken to them I just presumed I was worrying too much and didnt want to make myself a pain and now I have lost my chance I gave the clinic too much trust and after a year of treatment I have lost out. I dont want to worry anyone I just dont want people to not know and to ask questions I dont want people to have failed attempts because they think the clinic is doing everything and sometimes things just fall through the cracks so please speak up ladies and dont be put down like I was xx

Offline Whitedove

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 26/05/17, 16:12 »
    Yes I am to start taking the progesterone on the day of my donors egg collection, she didn't mention the bloods tests so will ask when I'm getting my thyroid checked. Seems when you email a list of questions they can only cope with answering one at a time.

I would absolutely have to find out the gender regardless, but then I'm extremely impatient and like to plan every thing to the minor detail.

Offline R-12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 26/05/17, 18:06 »
    Hi ladies! May I join again? I was in this form for my 1st BFN in March.
    I just got BFN again! It was my second time ED transfer in 16th May.
    I start thinking if they are doing on purpose not me getting pregnant so they can make more money...
    I still have 3 blastocysts left.

@Kerrygirl, I am so sorry to hear what happened! How can Dr. say it is your fault......? I am very disappointed.
    I hope you can solve the problem soon and prepare for next step!

@Janedu, it's me again. I hope you can get the best treatment in September!

@all ladies, good luck!!!

Offline Greenbar

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 26/05/17, 21:12 »
    R-12 I know you are disappointed but the clinic would not behave that way.  They don't have to because they are already so busy, and the better the success rate, the better their chances to remain busy.  I think most people on this forum would agree that on the whole they are thorough and professional. There are always annoying niggles but I had worse niggles at a top London clinic which was a great deal more expensive, and didn't get pregnant.

Kerrygirl - your experience sounds awful.  I hope you get some sort of reimbursement because I think they dropped the ball in your case.  I hope they recognise that.

Afm, I am just over 20 weeks along with my little boy.  I still can't believe it when I feel his kicks.  If you are reading this wishing you were in this situation, then I used to do that too, never believing it would happen.  So I just wanted to say, keep the faith and for hte majority of you that BFP is in the pipeline.  xx

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 26/05/17, 21:23 »
    Hi R-12 we must have been over the same time :) Sorry for your bfn I was crushed this time I'm sure you was the same. The clinic aren't good at taking criticism and to be honest I think it's just a money making thing with me now. One thing I did see was they were delighted the camera crews were there they were doing a program for German tv and they were very interested in that :( this time I didn't even get a drink after transfer nor did my husband the acupuncturist felt sorry for me and got one so no special cookie :( I wish you every bit of luck for your next cycle let me know how you get on. I will wait and see what the clinic say to me to be honest I lost faith when the doctor said I should have been more proactive chasing blood tests and asking questions. I'm not a doctor I didn't know how important they were I just presumed they were looking after me. Even the dr that did the transfer didn't know I lost an ovary theynever told him and he never read my file 😩

Offline R-12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 27/05/17, 00:04 »
    @Kerrygirl, thank you for your message. I hope you get 2x good luck biscuit next time ;) it was careless what they did to you. TV crews......they should interview us. Not always showing successful patients on tv.  ::)
    Dr. told me 30min i shouldn't move after transfer. So I couldn't leach tea and orange juice while I am on the chair. Next time I will move around and enjoy warm tea and eat biscuit. :P I do opposite next time.
    I noticed that nurse didn't check my file either and they gave me 2times wrong prescription...after 2xBFN I start regretting to have decided this clinic. I am so tired and depressed. I can't even sleep, it's 1am now! I just have to wait period starts and calm down. Good luck to you!

@Greenbar, I am happy for you that you are doing great. Take good care!

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 27/05/17, 03:30 »
    @r12 that's exactly how I feel it's 3:30am and I can't sleep I did everything for this cycle time off work acupuncture diet and they couldn't check one blood test I feel so cheated ! And they said to me after the transfer do you want to toilet get up if you want to I didn't because I thought it was odd but they told you you should lay down ? Your not on your own I just pm'd you I messaged a couple of other clinics will see if they will take me on and I will let you know how I get on maybe you could transfer to fresh set of eyes might help x

Offline R-12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 27/05/17, 05:16 »
    @kerrygirl, I hope you are sleeping now. :) 1st transfer was 15min lay down and 2nd time was 30min so I did what they told me. Nurse never told my progesterone blood test result and they just gave me Prolutex 25mg to buy. In your case it sounds their fault not to check your blood test but they blame it's your fault.....I saw their YouTube video before decided the clinic and it was well made. I never thought they blame patients......I never thought my transfer fails 2times straight. Because they are professional and they know what they are doing in YouTube video... After 1st time BFN,Dr said it's nature. I am wondering what Dr will say after 2nd time BFN.  ::)

Offline emzyjk

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 27/05/17, 08:20 »
    Hello ladies, I hope it is okay to re-join this group. I had left for a bit having got BFP a couple of weeks ago after DE transfer at IB in April but after having suffered with bleeding got the devastating news on Thursday that there was just an empty sac that hasn't grown in 2 weeks, we are heartbroken.
    We have 2 grade B frosties from the same donor so plan to go back to try again as soon as possible but we need to have skype meeting with our doctor first who we are hoping may be able to give us some answers.
    I've heard of chemical pregnancies being mentioned but I don't really understand what this is, is that what I've had?
    Greenbar - lovely to hear a success story.
    Betty and Rachel - we were in contact before, how you are doing?