* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 78837 times)

0 Members

Offline Greenbar

modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #190 on: 27/05/17, 14:40 »
Emjyjk - so sorry to hear about your loss. That is just heartbreaking for you.  I think that fertility treatments is a numbers game for many of us, and I hope that proves true for you with your 2 frozen babes.  My second child in due in Oct but to get my two children will have taken 3 rounds of IUI, one natural IVF, one donor IVF, one miscarriage from natural pregnancy, one termintation of a natural preganancy due to Downs. (over a 9 year period) We have walked a long and painful, as well as expensive road . . .. We gave up several times, but the pull of another child kept us trying again.  Keep at it and I will be hoping to see another BFP for you in the near future that sticks.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Shaz1234

modify
    « Reply #191 on: 27/05/17, 18:49 »
    Hi Ladies I've not been on the forum for a few weeks following my miscarriage. It's certainly a rollercoaster journey of emotions! Many sleepless nights. I've been trying to read all your posts.
    Janedu..hope you are well. October/September won't be long coming round! We are starting with a new donor and our transfer will be the end of August/beginning September.
    Megskegs...congratulations on your baby daughter!!
    Emzyjk...so sorry to hear your story. I had a lot of bleeding on my last transfer it's awful!! It's heartbreaking! Look forward to going back for another transfer it might help to give you something to focus on. It certainly helped me to plan for the next transfer. Don't give up it will happen!
    R-12...sorry you had a bfn! It's really sad! Look after yourself! It will happen don't give up.
    Kerrygirl...definitely take up your issues with the clinic! I've had 3 DE transfers since August 2016, and can only speak highly of them even although it's all ended in miscarriages. We are all paying alot of money and if your not happy with the service your quite right to take it up with them!
    Greenbar..congratulations,,,hope your having a healthy pregnancy!
    Sorry if I have missed anyone! Hope everyone is well xxx

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 27/05/17, 22:20 »
    Hi All!

Well we had a scan and bloods today (in the UK) and I have sent the results to Spain and we are good to go!
     They want us to go to Spain next saturday until the friday - the first time (two years ago) I went for 4 days - am going to speak to them on monday as they don't really know how I will react this time as they have lowered the pergoveris. Unfortunately next week in Alicante it is really busy and loads of places booked up so no idea where we are going to stay!

Offline R-12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 27/05/17, 22:41 »
    @emzyjk
    I am so sorry to hear you couldn't see heartbeat. I had exactly same experience in 2011. When my swiss doctor found out a baby is not growing. He gave me a pill immediately to take,after 2 days I had a period and heavy pain. A sac was too big than Dr. thought so it got stuck in cervix. Dr. had to pull it out. I hope you don't have pain like i had. Wish you a Best luck for your next transfer!

@Shaz1234
    I hope you can get BFP next time! Thank you for cheering me up!

Good luck Cookson!

Offline Sallyt31

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 29/05/17, 08:46 »
    Hi ladies
    Sorry I've not been on in quite a while and felt the need to check in but also to give all of you that keep suffering heartbreak a big fat virtual hug ^hugme^ I never ever thought I'd be in the position I am in now absolutely never.  It's felt like the longest journey ever and yet my few years in minuscule compared to some of you.  Please don't give up and speak out to the clinic if you have had a bad experience as you are not paying peanuts and you deserve the best.  I can honestly say hand on heart I had a great experience with them and would recommend to anyone who is needing help fertility wise.  I agree communication can be difficult especially over the email but I've told them that in my feedback.
    I'm on my 26th week now and still have to pinch myself when I feel her kicking about and receiving beautiful gifts from friends and family.
    I really hope with all hope you get this journey very soon.  Love to all ❤️

Offline SJ80

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 29/05/17, 12:15 »
    Hi Everyone... so lovely to see how active this thread is these days! Hi Cookson17 how's things?
    We have unfortunately just failed our 3rd FET in 6 months at IVF SPAIN. We had a little
    Girl with them 19months ago! We now have no Frosties left and although I do feel truely blessed that I have my daughter, I long for a sibling for her!! We don't really know what to do now though... it's so expensive to go through another cycle of DE IVF😬
    Since being with the clinic we have generally found them to be great... however there are something's that have really annoyed us...things that may have influenced the outcome of our cycles, things that if they were in the UK I would definitely have complained about.... just wondering if anyone has ever complained? What was the outcome? I'm worried about saying anything but feel I need to! X

Offline SJ80

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 29/05/17, 12:24 »
    Not sure if you are sorted yet cookson17 but thought I'd say we stayed in a little apartment in Alicante last week... it was on airB&b and really reasonable! We looked on there as accom was so expensive due to it being holiday season! It wasn't 5 start but clean and convenient with the ability to make your own meals etc if you wanted x

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 29/05/17, 13:56 »
    Hi SJ80 I'm going through a complaint with them at the moment will let you know how I get on. Lots of problems with them this time, didn't check progesterone before transfer despite it being low before, paid for blood tests they never did for the NK cells I wasted my chance with them and I'm hoping they come back with some answers but I will keep everyone updated x

Offline SJ80

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 29/05/17, 16:12 »
    Thanks for getting back to me... they were great with our first cycle despite the usual communication issues but for the later 3 it seemed to be one thing after another! Medication plans with meds missing/added, poor response to emails which meant medication didn't start for up to 2 days later then it could have... the list is fairly exhaustive but nothing HUGE that would stand alone in a complaint. Did you formally complain? I have just spent sooo much money with them I feel let down, regardless of the cycle outcomes (although I'd prob leave it if I had got pregnant)!! I'm not sure if we will use the clinic again although generally I really like them xx

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 29/05/17, 17:30 »
    Yes sj80 so lucky we have a relative a medical solicitor he did a letter for me outlining all the problems there was lots, I don't think they even tested my blood on the day of transfer they won't give me the blood test results, I was ringing around clinics today trying to see if they will take the eggs and do the transfer for me, they can't even tell me how many eggs I have every letter has a different number ! They have till Friday to respond but I'm sure it will all be my fault, I'm broken my transfer was never going to work the bloods were all wrong and I needed this to work my mum is battling cancer and she might not see my children now x