* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 78840 times)

0 Members

Offline SJ80

modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #200 on: 29/05/17, 21:17 »
Hi Kerrygirl Jesus that's awful... so sorry to her about your mum😢 I've become so less confident in them of late! I don't want to put everyone off as I'm sure they do know what they are doing generally and I'm still not sure if I'm going to change clinic but it sounds like they have truely messed up with you!! I somehow feel that in the 2 years gap between being there for my daughter & now they may have got to big for themselves!? So you are going to change clinics? Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 29/05/17, 21:33 »
    Hi SJ80

Sorry thing haven't worked out with your frosties. I have to agree I do think things have changed from last time in terms of communication etc I also don't think we should have gone ahead last cycle but we did and we have one blast in the freezer.

Am hoping this cycle that things will be better. This is are last go tho!

They keep saying we need to be in Spain for 6 days but I have told them that isn't possible so hopefully only going for 6.

SJ80 - would love the details of the apartment - everywhere is booked!

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 29/05/17, 22:32 »
    Hi sj80 I'm not sure my head is everywhere I will see what they say but I have to have treatment again asap otherwise my mum will miss out, my dad passed away 2 years ago and both my husbands parents passed away it was so important to us, the clinic knew all this and it was a very simple blood test 😢

Cookson we stayed at the Concorde apartments and got the tram to the clinic they were very clean 2 min walk to the beach and about 5-10 min on the tram to the clinic hope that helps

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 30/05/17, 03:04 »
    ladies, I would be grateful for your advice. I do natural IVF in Germany and all my scans/bloods are in London but for the next cycle i am going to be in Spain in la Mata its 40 min from Alicante and i need to find a place where i could have a scan and bloods a couple of times before heading to Germany for EC. Do you know of any such place in Alicante or Murcia area? would be nice to get blood test results the same day if that's possible in Spain? is it possible to have a scan report in English? many thanks for any info ladies, just had yet another failed cycled (no fertilisation) so really struggling and need to make sure we catch that egg next month. thank you!

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 30/05/17, 09:11 »
    Hi ladies I just got off the phone with my consultant in Ireland. The clinic didn't follow their medical committe advice on the day of transfer I should have had an iv and increase of steroids, they didn't give it to me. I should have been asking more questions but I was so preoccupied with my mum and her chemo I just trusted the clinic please ladies ask lots of questions don't be like me 😔

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 30/05/17, 18:56 »
    Hi briss. Welcome to the thread. The clinic most of us are attending is ivfspain in alicante. There is also another clinic in alicante called institute bernebeau. But you would need to contact the clinic to see if they would do the scans and bloods. Best of luck with your journey. Xxx
    Kerrygirl so sorry you are having to go through all of this especially when your mother is so unwell. Sending you lots of hugs. Both times my progesterone was low so now I am beginning to question my treatment too. Xxx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 30/05/17, 21:15 »
    janedu. thank you very much! i contacted a few clinics but only got response from one where they can do bloods but no scan and they asked for a referral letter from a doctor for the blood test. a bit strange. is this common practice in Spain? do you all do your bloods/scans in spain? I usually do them in london and just travel abroad for the actual EC/ET.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #207 on: 30/05/17, 21:26 »
    I do some scans and bloods in London and some at the clinic in Spain. It all depends where I am at the time.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 31/05/17, 18:12 »
    Hi briss did you find anywhere to do your scan and bloods?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #209 on: 31/05/17, 22:38 »
    Not yet but thanks for asking. One clinic offered a blood test and one other clinic is considering whether to book me in. No one else responded yet. I sent out emails to 5-6 places so far . Feeling a bit desperate.