* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 78839 times)

0 Members

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #220 on: 1/06/17, 22:40 »
Ah thanks SJ80-we have booked the Barbera 3 where I stayed at Easter but will bear that in mind for next time!

We are going on Monday!!!

Had a scan yesterday and got another one tomorrow.They think the trigger will be Monday.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 1/06/17, 22:48 »
    Hi ladies thank you for your messages and making me feel much better about the lining. There's always something that's not right that gets us panicking it's not going to work. Test date is 12 June, I'm staying in Spain for another 5 days - thought I'd make the most of it. Love and best wishes to all of you. I won't be at the clinic anymore but good luck cookson I've been reading your posts a lot so hoping all goes well for next week when you're out here. I may see you as staying at Barbara too, I believe you recommended it 😃

Xx

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 2/06/17, 17:05 »
    Hi Janedu

Well the clinic answered my complaint and it was my fault;

Should have been more proactive with the blood tests myself
    If I wanted a drink after transfer I should have got up and got a drink from reception myself!
    If they didn't do the NK cell test I should have told them to
    I should have told them to give me the iv after transfer

I am devastated and I have found another clinic, my mum won't see her grandchild now and the clinic made their money so don't care.

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 2/06/17, 18:20 »
    Hi Kerrygirl.
    I am so sad to hear that and cannot believe that they are saying it is all your fault. I really don't understand why they think that you as the patient are responsible for such things. Surely they have to acknowledge some responsibility for the way things went. I'll be questioning every thing on the next cycle and leave nothing to chance. It really makes me wonder if I even want to cycle with them again. Because God knows what they could be omitting and I may be none the wiser. I'm so sorry for you and especially because your mam is not well. Are you looking into a clinic in Ireland or abroad? Xxx

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #224 on: 2/06/17, 19:55 »
    I've been chatting with the husband and told him all about the situation with you. We are thinking harder now about whether it's time for a clinic change with us too. Just don't know where to start looking and then there will be an initial consultation more bloods and investigations before an actual transfer. We've spent in the region of 30,000 with ivfspain. Really do not know what to do for the best.

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 2/06/17, 21:13 »
    I know to be honest we were feeling the same before this transfer, can I pm you I can show you my letter from the clinic and reports you can make your own mind up x

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #226 on: 2/06/17, 21:18 »
    Please pm me

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #227 on: 2/06/17, 21:16 »
    Yes please pm me.

Offline kerrygirl

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 2/06/17, 21:52 »
    Messaged you x

Offline Greenbar

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 3/06/17, 01:14 »
    Just my tuppence worth . . .in my experience no clinic will always get it right. I don't like that fact, but after attending 2 in London and IVF Spain, I had issues of some description with all of them.  Even though I was successful first time with IVF Spain the mail system meant I didn't get the mail to tell me what time I had to be there at/prep instructions. they sent the day before.  That left me very stressed and calling them up frist thing on the morning of the transfer.  I only got a prescription for 12 weeks when it needed to be 12 + 6 days  The initial consultation by Skye was an hour late.  . . . .I could go on .. . One of the London clinics was so disorganised it forgot to bill me for 1800 worth of IUI, and I was so p'd off with them I never reminded them!  Another clinic treated us like a human licence to print money and the embryologists on transfer day was recommending options he didn't know what they cost.. . . and this added thousands to the bill.

So I know Kerrygirl you have had an experience that would but any sane person off, so noone could blame you for being highly p'd off and looking elsewhere.  I think selecting any clinic is a leap of faith.  It will let some people down and work well for others . . like many options in life where we just hope for the best.  Good luck ladies.