* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4  (Read 77702 times)

0 Members

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 4
« Reply #90 on: 17/04/17, 20:27 »
so this is what I got today (day 6)

We would like to inform you that today we could not biopsy any blastocyst, so we have a total of 1 blastocyst so far.

However, we will wait until tomorrow to see if some more embryo is suitable for biopsy. Tomorrow we will update you again.

So tomorrow will be day 7

The wait goes on!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 18/04/17, 11:45 »
    Best of luck today Cookson17

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 18/04/17, 15:37 »
    Thanks

Not heard anything yet

I am working on the principle that we will be doing another cycle whatever

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 18/04/17, 16:28 »
    So no more made it to blast.

We will do another cycle and get all the embryos (if there are any) tested

Does anyone know how long between cycles there needs to be?

And does the clinic close in the summer

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 18/04/17, 16:42 »
    hi Cookson
    I've just been catching up with your messages and wanted to let you know we did embryo banking.   We managed 2 blasts from the 1st round and 3 from the 2nd round.  I think I had less eggs on the 2nd round and ended up with one more blast so its not always quantity.  In fact, all our other rounds I always produced lots of eggs but both times at IVF spain I only had 7 on the first round and 5 on the 2nd.  Anyway we were advised to go for a 3rd round as at my age they said we should have at least 8 blasts to test for one good one.  We decided not to go for the 3rd round and send off for testing - we ended up with 3 - this is what makes it so hard!!! We paid 14,500 for 2 rounds (not including meds or bloods or biopsies etc) and quoted another 4,000 for 3rd round.  This again was without meds and also the costs of going to Spain.  We gambled and sent them for PGS.  Also after a chat with the doctor she mentioned about ED and I did make the decision that if we had no normal embryos then the money from the 3rd round could have been used for ED.  It's so hard to make decisions when there are no right or wrong answers and we have no way of guessing the outcome of our decisions.   I just wanted to give you a bit of hope that you do not necessarily need lots of blasts to get the one you need.  I hope you come to a decision without too much agonising xxxx

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 18/04/17, 16:54 »
    Hi Cookson
    I forgot to mention that we pretty much did one round after another.  I had a biopsy round on the last go but we could have done a 3rd round, we did the biopsy and they said after that we could decide on the 3rd round.

I also received the results from my 2nd biopsy today and I was pre receptive - so on day 5 I was post and day 4 I was pre.  They have said my transfer time will be 4.5 days!!!  Have no idea how they work all this out but am trusting them to get it right. 
    As I have had 2 biopsy rounds I also do not need to do a moch cycle so we can go straight for transfer.  I'm just waiting for a treatment plan to come through with dates!!

xxx

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 18/04/17, 17:40 »
    Thank you so much for your message Nemo.

We will do another round (embryo banking) I am having a call with Dr Szlarb tomorrow.

When I spoke to her last week she said we could go again in June (I was hoping sooner!!) She mentioned ED but I said I wasn't ready to give up on my eggs just yet. Last time we sent 5 blasts for testing and 2 were normal.

Will update when I have had my call tomorrow!

Offline joc213

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 19/04/17, 16:45 »
    Hey cookson17.  hope your clal with Dr Szlarb went well! when we had our 2 collections, one was Sept, we had Oct off and then back again in Nov, which seems similar to what they are doing with you.  Please god they are able to make a few tweaks and you will get a few more blastocysts to be sent off to be tested.

As for me, we had a skype call with Dr Szlarb about 2-3 weeks ago, to talk about DE just to get more information about it.  It just costs so much money, which we wont have for at least a year/year and a half, and we are already in debt with the banks.  Such a horrible situation to be in

Offline Sallyt31

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 19/04/17, 17:51 »
    Oh joc123 bless you hon it's an expensive business for sure.  You got any family that could help you out?
    Cookson hope u have your plan sorted with Dr Szlarb xx

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 19/04/17, 20:50 »
    Hi

Had a really good call with the Dr.

She said as my FSH was borderline last time we are going to wait to get the FSH down before we do the next cycle. So having this cycle off and then next cycle on day 3 will have a scan and FSH blood test on day 3 (In the UK) and then let the clinic know and if all ok we go ahead.

Was impressed she didn't just say go ahead but to wait.

I think she regrets letting us go ahead last time as my FSH was 12.72 which she considered borderline.

Am wondering if it was the pill to be honest as I went on it in feb and then had a bleed in march before we went to Spain