Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

FET May/June 2017 - cycle buddies

25K views 427 replies 30 participants last post by  Pritamin 
#1 ·
Hello.

Would really love to chat with people cycling at the same time.

I am about to start the pill next week ready for my cycle, we have appointment on the 24th to sign forms and collect meds, and then scratch booked for the 12th of May. We have 2 frosties left.

Bunny xx

#2 ·
Hi ☺

We going to start a FET on the 1st or 26th of May. We had a freeze all cycle as my lining wasn't good. We've got 4 Blastocysts in the freezer and we want to put 2 back.

Do you want 1 or 2 put back?
Why do you have to take the BCP before your FET?
I'm only taking Estrogen and Aspirin and later Progesterone.

xx

#3 ·
Hi!

I start norethisterone next week, scratch on day 21 then FET on following cycle after more norethisterone. Got drugs this week: progynova, cyclogest and Lublin!

Mountain and Bunny - will be good to chat to you. We are only allowed one at a time put back. Boo!

Xx

#4 ·
Hi there ladies! First time FET for me, although no stranger to IVF (see signature). I have a supportive boyfriend, but he's not ready to fully commit to having a family with me. We don't live together, and so far, no plans to break up so fingers crossed he will continue to a) be my boyfriend and b) be supportive. My embryos were created some years ago using donor sperm. I am now 39 so it's now or never and although I don't think you are ever ready, I am ready as I can be to jump in the deep end and actually try. My first FET will be at Serum (Athens) next month, I have had my endo scratch already this week at Wessex Fertility, and have a big box of drugs!! These are: prognyova, doxycycline, prednisolone, baby aspirin, folic acid, clexane and utrogestan. I am on the contraceptive pill (for the boyfriend - the irony is not lost on me!!) so had my last pill yesterday and am now awaiting my period, and Day 1. Pleased to meet you all. I haven't been through FET before, so really happy of any support.

#5 ·
Evening ladies.

Mountain78 - I take the pill as I don't have very regular cycles, so by taking it the clinic can plan my cycle. We are having 2 put back. When was your fresh cycle? how did you find it?

Brightspark99 - Have you had a scratch before? How comes your only able to have 1 embie put back?

Natclare - how did you find the scratch? How many embryos will you be having put back?

Good luck all.
Bunny x

#6 ·
Hi Bunny

I have had a scratch before. It's not too bad: over in seconds followed by yacky antibiotic.  My clinic adheres to ESET i.e. only one embie if you are below a certain age, had only 2 other transfers and good quality embies. TBH as I had such a chronic implantation failure (period started a week after transfer) I wouldn't want to wast an embryo until we get that issues sorted.  I had the pill at one point too but because I bleed on it I don't have to do it anymore.  I hate the pill!

Natclare - good on you. You have been through so much.  I hope you (and the rest of us) have better luck this time.

Mountain - hello - which progesterone are you on?

xx

#7 ·
Hi

Great that it's getting busy here  :)
I've got the feeling that this we'll be a successful tread again.
Everyone felt pregnant and had a baby already at my previous tread last Summer, except me and another woman.
I'd have had my due day tomorrow  :'(

BrightSpark99: I'm on Cyclogest but I want to get Lubion instead. Which are you on?
I found the scratching really painful. Where did you go to?

Bunny73: I had a fresh cycle in March, it was okay, had so much more eggs. I guess it's because I did estrogen priming this time and I really lived very healthy three months before that cycle.

Natclaire: FET's are so much nicer than a fresh one! And you can do the pregnancy test much earlier if you didn't take a HCG shot :)

xx

#8 ·
Hi Bunny et al
The scratch.... hurt!! But only for ten seconds and I wasn't quite prepared for the ouch!! Ha. I'm going with single embryo transfers for now as financially having twins frighten the living daylights out of me! I think I would go bankrupt!
Nice to meet you all x

#9 ·
Hi All

Merry Easter!

Mountain;

My clinic offer scratching. I live quite nearby. But weird driving past sometimes and thinking of our embies throe

I am having cyclogest and lubion. Last time was just the bum bullets which may not have been enough. Who knows? Does anyone's clinic test progesterone during the 2ww? Does it make a difference?
I know what you mean about past cycles. If mine had worked I would be just starting to tell people now *sigh*. We can do this though.

Hope everyone else is ok. Natclare is right about the scratch- 10 seconds is all.

Have a good chocolate day ladies xx

#10 ·
Hi everyone! I am headed to Reprofit in May for FET. Just using bcp to control my period so our dates work out. Arriving on May 27 and leaving a June 3. We are having 2 embies transferred. My first round of fresh DE resulted in a baby girl last year. We have 6 frosties and are pretty excited about going through this process again. Anyone else going to be at Reprofit around the week of May 29?

#11 ·
Hi ladies
Can I join? We had a bfn yesterday so 2nd FET out. We have a last 5-6 day blast left so really hoping we can try again in May/June- depending on what our consultant says next week. I am tempted to get some NK cells testing done but otherwise it will be AF, scratch then progynova and Lubion. We started Lubion late this last cycle but had a low progesterone reading so will be on that at straight away again. Really hoping this one will work as if not it's back to fresh cycle for a sibling.
Hope you are all well-known sorry for no personals, I'm still in a really crappy mood ^eyes^

#12 ·
Hi Lulu and Sllyrbbt

Lulu - I am so so sorry about your bfn. You have every right to a crappy mood. Here's to fingers crossed for this thread. With your low progesterone did you have blood tests? If so, when?

Sllyrbbt - not at Reprofit but in U.K.  Amazing that you had success already. Herehoping for more of that.

As for me I am counting down to when I can have my scratch next month. Nothing else doing.

Hope everyone else is well xx

#13 ·
Ok onwards and upwards! May/June 14 was when our DS stuck so hoping for some luck x

Brightspark- awaiting a scratch too- not sure when AF will show up. I had progesterone test 3 dpt- never had it done in previous cycles but were on a diff form of progesterone. My successful cycle I just had crinone then switched to Lubion at 6w cos of spotting. I was tested post bfp in Aug and progesterone was fun so who knows! I found it more stressful doing the tests tbh.

Mountain- were you in the aug/sept 16 FET group too? my last MC would have been due first week in May. Can I ask for what estrogen priming is? If this FET doesn't work then it's a fresh cycle for us.

Hunni- the scratch is fine just a few seconds of discomfort.

Natclare- FET is easier on the body. Have you done immune testing? I am i treated in looking at whether prednisolone could make a difference for us this one.

Is anyone else doing supplements/Acupuncture? I've been taking vitamin E, Ubiquinol, L'arginine, vitamin B and omega oils and having regular Accupuncture- more for relaxation. Lining for me is on the low side so always trying to boost it through diet and blood flow.

Nice to cycle with you ladies- really hoping there are lots of bfps this time xxx

#14 ·
Sllyrbbt- hi! We're also in the UK at Care in London via my gynaecologist. Our DS was from our NHS go. Really hoping for a sibling. X

#15 ·
Lululimon - no I haven't done immunes testing... never actually tried this before so no failures behind me. Do you think I should?

#16 ·
We are starting FET the week of May 29. Currently taking BCP to control my cycle. We are putting 2 embryos in. We will still have 4 Frosties after transfer.

#17 ·
Hi everyone 😊

Great to have you all here!

LuluLimon: Sorry to hear that you had a BFN.
We have been in the same thread last summer, that's true 😊 My due day was four days ago :(

Estrogen Priming starts on day 21 (9 days after LH surge) with Estrogen (ideally Patches) until day 2 of the new cycle plus an antagonist (Orgalutran). There are protocols possible without an antagonist or Estrogen until egg collection. It pushes the FSH down and that lets the ovaries respond better. It worked for me very well! More eggs than ever, all fertilised and 4 very good Blastocysts!

I'm thinking of getting Intralipids this time round.
We don't have the money for immune tests at the moment but I think it can't harm can it? What do you think?

Wish us and all the others here all the best of luck xx

#18 ·
Hi Ladies,

Mind if I jump in and join in.....I'm also going go be cycling with you all, plan is to start BCP next week and looking to start meds end of May, feeling quite anxious this time round, we had a mmc at 10 weeks just after xmas which left us devestated and this cycle will be using our last remaining frostie, trying to get ' back in the zone ' but finding it hard, so badly want to give  this the best shot we can!

Fingers crossed this is a very lucky thread and bfp's all round  ^goodluck^
Xx

#19 ·
Hi Bona Dea and everyone else too.

Bona Dea - welcome. I am so sorry for your loss.  ^hugme^ Lots of lovely ladies on here for support.

So... I am just waiting for my scratch. Clinic said I don't need a period beforehand- I
So irregular it doesn't make a difference. So I will get that done in a few weeks to time to avoid work stuff.

Hope you are all ok

Xx

#20 ·
Natclare- I don't think I would + try it and see how it works out. I'm still undecided as nothing indicates we have the issue but....I hate all the unknowns about this.

Mountain- I'll ask about that if this cycle doesn't work. We responded well to a traditional protocol but conscious I am a bit older now. We don't really have money for the whole shebang of tests but thought of just doing the blood NK cells? I've emailed Prof Quenby about the uterine NK test they do but I would need 2-3 months off trying for that so not at moment. I'm keen to try prednisolone this time. Would your clinic give intralipids without testing?

Bona Dea- sorry about your mmc- it's tough x We're also on last frostie.
Brightspark- take a paracetamol beforehand when you do x

My period started on Fri so am seeing my consultant tomorrow to see how we proceed. Tempted to maybe take this one off but try in end of May. I don't know anymore :'(
Hugs to all

#21 ·
Hello Ladies hoping its ok for me to join in on here - we are off to spain early may as we have 18 eggs frozen from our donor who has already resulted on previous fresh cycles with 2 beautiful girls. So hoping it works again for another sibling.
Our clinic have said they will try with 9 eggs for a 5 day blast but as to my age will only use one (which im not really happy about in was hoping for 2 like the last 2 times) so anyway we have had a mock cycle and just started meds for this cycle - DH is doing his part on 3 may.

#22 ·
Evening ladies,

I am coming over from the March/April board.

Planned ET is 3rd may provided the defrost goes ok. My only concern is I had my lining scan today (10mm) then the transfer is 9 days later. Anyone else gone this long between transfer? I'm paying for this and they have said they can't fit me in until then?

Xx

#23 ·
Hi ladies, can i join you please?

I'm due to down reg in May and transfer will be in June. We used one of our frosties in March but unfortunately it wasnt to be. Just need to decide between 1 and 2. Would be interested to know what everyone's clinics are saying about this?  Mine have recommended 1 but have said it is completely up to me.

Hi lornam - thats great your lining is nice and thick. I had my last transfer 9 days after my lining scan - they asked if it suited me better to hold off and come in on a friday or saturday for it.  As it was a medicated cycle, they just delayed when I started the progesterone. They said it wouldnt have any negative affects.  My lining was just over 7 at my scan.  I take it you are on a medicated cycle?

X

#24 ·
Hi Shiny Happy Girl. Our clinic is big on only one embryo as they say it doesn't increase chances of pregnancy but it pushes up the multiple birth rate. I see what they mean and am ok with that. Better a healthy child than two or three at risk of health issues.

I am confused as to what day they transfer on a medicated cycle too. I didn't know you could choose. That's awesome.

X

#25 ·
Thanks bright spark. Yes - I'm leaning towards 1 too as they said with 2, chances only go up by about 8% but twins rate was 27% so overall, the compounded success rates are better with one.

My clinic were certainly happy to push back the transfer date assuming the lab were available. x

#26 ·
My clinic likes to transfer one embryo unless you are older. It was recommended that I transfer 2 embryos and I'm glad I did. One took and we have a beautiful daughter. We will be transferring 2 frosties this May and are hoping at least one takes! I am doing a natural FET.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.