* Author Topic: My life as a mummy of 5  (Read 8034 times)

0 Members

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
  • miracles happen more than once x
modify
My life as a mummy of 4
« Reply #10 on: 20/08/17, 20:50 »
We saw the psychologist and I didn't really get anything new from it. She did say that after watching him and trying to do some games with him, that he has the developmental age of age 1-2. So hes 2 year behind his peers and is at the level of his 2 year old brother.

T has abruptly left home. Its caused awful rows and stress. I'm so tired. Mentally tired.

awaiting news on the report day with the Paediatrician.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #11 on: 29/08/17, 09:08 »
    The MDA madness continues....

So for a week long assessment and outcome meeting, is now a 4 MONTH drawn out process!! I know the NHS is stretched but come on! unacceptable!! So annoyed!

T has visited once. Has kept in contact via text. I miss him so much. I know he feels bitter and angry but he needs to learn a valuable life lesson and that means paying your way. I cant have him thinking we will accept his crappy behaviour. I hope in time we get to have a heart to heart so I can explain why we did what we did.

O is in full teething mode. Anbesol is my best friend, and teething powder! he has learnt to roll. He squeals so high pitched  ::) Is sat on his own and is reaching for toys. Weaning went well and now hes chewing lumps as his gums have hardened.

G is really showing improvement on his speech. Also giving kisses and hugs.

J is growing so tall!! Is in 4-5 year clothing. Eating is still a massive issue as is sleep (lack of). He is flapping a lot more now to. The head banging is something I would like to stop but cant.

Me, shattered. tearful. but so very grateful for my boys x

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #12 on: 20/10/17, 10:43 »
    MDA report day

So we had a review first (having one every 6 months). Told her things weren't any better or worse, they are just different. We explained that he is becoming sensitive to clothing. He refuses to wear a top at bedtime and will only wear a summer 0.5 tog sleeping bag. He lays a pillow on himself to go off to sleep. Heating bill will be high this winter. Thank god for DLA. The vomiting is still ongoing. I spend most days cleaning up vomit. He is still on a limited diet. He is still covering his ears a lot. He is also turning off lights in the house so he is sensitive to light. So need to prepare well for the shops and where we go as Christmas is coming with extra lights and Christmas music blaring out.

She said that his Autism impacts his life and our familys life. She isn't wrong. His brother is constantly headbutted. His baby brother gets stood on as he has no awareness of space and looks up while stimming. Having to think of a disabled buggy.

So the report. We aren't allowed the psychologist report, the dr has to summerise it  ??? but have the OT and SandL report. Makes depressing reading if I'm honest.

Be back, baby awake

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #13 on: 20/10/17, 10:56 »
    The reports will be sent so we can give copies for his EHCP which we need to start asap. Also to add his ADOS score was 26/28. 18 or under being not autistic, 28 being non verbal autistic.

next review in 6 months time.

Dr advised to sign up to courses which we have but DH and I cant go together as one of us has to be with the boys. O is still BF so cant leave him just yet. Makaton cost 152 each. PUFFIN cost 100. People must wonder why DLA is so high, this is why. Even buying vest with poppers cost more as they have the 'disabled' label. its so unfair. What makes up for all the depressing parts of all this is that J is a delight. He loves being tickled. He loves to be chased. He loves cbeebies stories on his tablet. I wouldn't change him at all.

The Chris Packham documentary was brilliant. I was bought up in the years he was on the tv. I always thought of him as odd. I now hate myself for thinking he was odd. He is different not odd. It took me having my own child with Autism to get it. What a shame as this is how I am sure, many people see Autism. Its odd. Its not.

Anyway, all 3 little ones have had yet another cold and G of course not changing his 'lets get a raging 40 degree tempertures  :-\ :'(

big T, he hasn't visited for a while  :'( I miss him (not his mess ) and hope that he will spend Christmas with us  ^pray^

best go now, got a downstairs loo being installed by the council so it will be easier to toilet train J...

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #14 on: 26/11/17, 19:11 »
    Lets see how far i get with this update... All 3 STILL have a cold, snot city, whinging and off their food. I am beyond shattered.

So aside from the colds, I managed to drop O when he was sat on my lap, I thought his nose was broken. Took him to the GP who said I needed to wait until the swelling had gone before he could decide if it needed ENT to look at it. Thankfully, the bruising subsided fast and its not broken. 2 months until he turns 1  :o

Big T has been visiting 2x a week, has stayed for dinner and is staying for Christmas  :) I am so happy that things have settled. He is working full time now.

J is coming along with his speech. He is also getting a mischievous streak! Its so lovely!!

So preparations are starting for Christmas. I am so excited!!! Got Js 4th birthday first but keeping it low key as he hates social situations and as for wrapping paper on his 3 gifts, forget it.

We have started the EHCP process. Talk bout stress!! We have visited 4 schools to get an idea of where best to send him.

Dh and I are so short tempered. We are tired and struggling to get things finished in the house BUT its all going to settle once things are done.

So to update on the boys..

T is 19
    J is 4 in 2 weeks
    G is 2 and a half
    O is 10 moths old.

Just typing that is mad. I am so happy. tired. but happy

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #15 on: 28/12/17, 09:09 »
    Can you believe all 3 STILL have colds?!  ^bigbad^ why?

Christmas was so lovely. G understood it and opened each present with care. J however spent most of the day in his room running around in circles. T was here which was lovely. O loved eating the wrapping paper  ::)

The snow we had in the week leading up to Christmas was a lot of fun. When it turned to I've? Not so much fun. Couldn't get the pram out of the front gate so had to get dh to collect us in the car to get to nursery.

I also found out on Christmas day that we had a BFP. We are using condoms. It looks like a chemical pregnancy though  :'( as my hpts are almost no line now so awaiting the bleeding. Baby would have been due on dh birthday. We are both upset. Not planned at all but clearly not meant to be  :'(

Think we need to think seriously about sterilisation or vasectomy.

:'(

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #16 on: 30/12/17, 08:13 »
    Bleeding started last night. Got cramps but it's manageable. I feel numb. I was so scared about bleeding after having had that awful mmc 2 years ago.

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #17 on: 5/01/18, 21:06 »
    Bleeding has finished. I still feel numb. I can't explain it.

Now routine is back to normal after Christmas, the EHCP 6 week deadline is in full flow. Child psychologist came to visit us at home. The last that turned up, I worked with her in my work place before I had J. Bizarre. But was nice to have the opportunity to talk with her about j.

I'm full of cold and have a sty. I'm tired. I crave a good chunk of sleep.

17 days until O turns 1  :o where did that go?

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #18 on: 8/01/18, 07:52 »
    We need a bigger bed. O is still bf loads in the night (teething)& G is now getting into our bed at stupid o clock. I've not had a full nights sleep for 4 years. I can't even remember the last time I had a block of more than 4 hours. So time to get a super king I think..

Meeting at nursery with SENCO to discuss the next steps of the EHCP.

Also need to book o MMR  :'( I hate jab day and the aftermath.

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
    modify
    My life as a mummy of 4
    « Reply #19 on: 1/04/18, 12:34 »
    Sorry for the lack of updates!

Well EHCP draft is complete. Makes difficult reading. J is 2 years behind so is like a 2 year old. It's so hard as his brother G is 3 next week and is racing ahead. So we get to choose a SEN school but get this-we will be lucky to get him a place as there is so much demand. Well he is  not just going to any school. I will fight for him.

O is being a nightmare with bf. I want to stop. He's 14 months old! He's using me as a dummy. Fed up but don't know how to break the habit?

G is poorly again. Every other week he picks up another bug. Roll on summer!!

Holiday to paignton next month. Looking forward to that.

Doing a PUFFIN course for autism through June and July. Cost 100 hope it's worth it!

O and to add  ^baby2^ due in October  ^babycrawl^ ^surprise^ ^scared^