* Author Topic: Being an older mum & being mistaken for granny...  (Read 11593 times)

0 Members

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
  • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
modify
Being an older mum & being mistaken for granny...
« Reply #20 on: 31/05/17, 00:06 »
Hi dreaming - the progesterone for IVF pregnancies is usually prescribed up to about week 13 when the placenta starts to take over production of this hormone. In naturally occurring pregnancies, I think progesterone is produced naturally. Once the placenta takes over, the supplement is not needed.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nevertoolate

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 31/05/17, 00:28 »
    Hi
    Many thanks I was aware of that but wondered if the extra meds for that would reduce the chance of miscarriage. I know the eggs age but I had read previously that there was an idea that it was more the lining thickness in older women rather than egg quality which caused the miscarriage. 

Offline ivyf

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 31/05/17, 18:50 »
    Hi Lily you're so right it's nothing compared to the pain of repeated bins that most of us on here know so well. I hope today brought you good news and if it didn't I hope Dr G can find a way forward  for you, he made our miracle happen.
    Ladies I've never had any comments and I'm 45 so have been expecting the granny thing. It would be so lovely to have an older mum group, I do like some of the younger mums I've met but it would be good to know people with more in common than the little ones. Are you all enjoying the weather? Ivy spent the day butt naked on the beach 😁

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 31/05/17, 22:13 »
    Ivyf - so glad you got your little one and sounds like she had a great day on the beach! I plan to take my little ones down to beach. James was off nursery today as he has suspected chicken pox - but not sure at the moment if it is, they've a few cases at nursery and he has a few spots but not characteristic of it. Weather's been great here.
    I think a group for us older mums would be great - I chat to mums of all ages, but is good to speak to other mums of similar age and have things in common.

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 31/05/17, 22:39 »
    Hi ladies,

Beta HCG result was 125.9 today.

Offline ivyf

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 1/06/17, 07:21 »
    🎉🎉 fantastic news Lily xxx
    Debs hope you dodge the chicken pox x

Offline GirlFullofHope

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 1/06/17, 07:47 »
    So so many congratulations Lily. What wonderful news. You are wished only good news and smooth running from now on. So happy to read as been following this thread with great interest!

I'm very conscious of being an older mum, currently 23w6d with DS no.2. We were 'lucky' our first and fifth IVF worked, second being DE. But 3 heartbreaking M/c along the way. We did NCT first time as just moved area and still in touch with but mostly 10 years younger. I'm 42 now and although I'm so thrilled (and nervous) at being so fortunate and so don't worry very much about being older, two things strike me.

One is I never even considered getting my hair died before, but then I have and feels so not me but didn't want to be oldest looking at school gate for my DS and feel so protective of him. Went through rediculous worry at doing it as knew it wasn't me. But admit I felt better after. Second, I'm much more health aware, doing all I can to be around for as long as I can, and think this a good thing. Think I already was as my lovely 1st DH died at 30 so I'm extra amazed to get to this situation but extra concerned of things going wrong. Being widowed also made me feel rather older, I know 42 isn't so much in reality.

I love idea of an older support group. One thing to memtion but not relevant to all I know is DCN as I've met some lovely older mums through that. Not all are of course and don't see them much but if it's relevant I'd recommend.

Wishing you all a lovely day, thanks for your posts, and Lily will you get another test or do they just do one? Take extra good care and all positive vibes to you. Xxxxx

Offline Elbbob03

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 2/06/17, 00:26 »
    Lily0750 I saw your post on the May 2ww thread - that thread is locked now but wanted to say congratulations on your bfp!

One of my work colleagues was a surprise baby when her mum was 50 - her siblings are 15 and 20 years older than her. Same dad too. She told me her mums age was never an issue for her as a kid.

Debslovescats - just wanted to say I enjoy reading your posts and am in awe of your life journey, you sound like an amazing mum.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Offline mandalay

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 2/06/17, 07:03 »
    Congratulations Lily!!! Really lovely news!
    On the older mum subject, I have to say that mostly it doesn't bother me. I am trying to stop doing those sums in my head too (when he is 16, I will be etc).  Negative thing to do. I wouldn't tell another mum how old I am. But one thing is bothering me. It's lovely to help out at primary school but you have to do a basic security check with the police via the school to make sure you are not a criminal. That involves giving your dob. And I don't really want to have to tell the school my age. Never been a problem before. Was 20s and 30s for other children. But I was a 50+ mum this time. Still fit and healthy. Back running etc.  🙄

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 2/06/17, 08:31 »
    Yesterday I had my 6 week scan - beautiful heart beating away - what a relief x