* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 46378 times)

0 Members

Online hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #100 on: 3/08/17, 12:26 »
Evan - I think when my partner hadn't eaten or drunk anything they found it really difficult to take blood from her and the nurse told her off a little bit! It's a shame about the heartbeat, definitely, but yeah, we're booked in privately for a gender scan next week so I'm sure we'll hear it then. I think some midwives don't try and listen in case they can't find it and then worry you.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 3/08/17, 14:28 »
    Hannah, sorry about the heartbeat! Hope your appt went well otherwise. I smiled when I read you woke up so late I haven't been able to sleep in for so long, my LO wakes up around 7am so no choice! But enjoy it while you can ;) even if it makes you late

Pheeny, welcome!

Crazy, hope you have/had a nice appt? And enjoy your holidays!!!

Evan, you get an awful lot of scans! Although I would probably have loved it during my first pregnancy when I was always nervous! it seems you spent your time at the hospital! Hope yours is not too far away!

As for me, just back from scan + consultant appt! All good, small NT (1.3mm) so looking good, will hear more when they do the combined test with bloods.
    My consultant was a bit reluctant at first for me to have a VBAC in water (= not monitored all the time) but after she understood I had done a lot of reading, she said that the guidelines (= in hospital plugged in or planned c-section if too close to due date) are just guidelines and that I could be in CMU if I really wanted (and even in the pool!) providing labour starts on its own, she also gave me some more links for future reading.
    It seems I'll have to keep insisting but that it's not out of the question! Quite happy with that! Of course if this baby follows his/her big sister steps and decide to stay put for too long, then that's another story (and another c-section most probably).

Hope everyone else is doing great

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 3/08/17, 15:03 »
    Billie yes we di have a lot of scans here and I wouldn't have it any other way as i am a huge worrier.  Mine is 3 weeks away. I also have a repeat blood test for antibody screening in 3 weeks. The probability is that if my anti-fya antibodies are still high i will be asked to have scans every 3 weeks rather than 4 weeks. Because i had a 3rd degree tear during childbirth last time my consultant advised me to have  a C-Section but i refused but if things get complicated and baby has to be delivered early i might have to go for a C-Section anyway.

Online hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 3/08/17, 15:10 »
    Evan - missed the bit about all the scans! Wow! What country are you in? Amazing to be able to see baby so often!

Billie - yes, appointment went well, not much happened really! I've generally been the same with not sleeping in, although not because of a child waking me up! We moved house in October and live under the Heathrow flightpath so we get woken up each morning by the planes. Woke up today at about 6am and forced myself to fall asleep again, wouldn't believe it...woke up at 12.30 and had an appointment to get my MOT done at 1.30! Two days in a row and we've rushed around to get to appointments. Think we're still a bit all over the place with sleep after the holiday.

MOT failed :( although they said it's not anything too major, still costing an extra 89 though! Had to pay them to get it done today rather than ask family members to order and fit it because we're off to Brighton tomorrow for Pride and wanted to go in my car rather than my partners. Oh well!

Offline Crazy81

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 3/08/17, 19:16 »
    Evening Ladies

Billie thanks for asking.
    Appointment was great, I've actually been dated 29th Jan instead of 26th.
    Would of found that out at 12 wk scan but all systems were down, so midwife told me today.
    So I'm 14wk3 today...
    Wasn't sure if we would hear the heartbeat especially as I'm 3 days behind what I thought, and my midwife apt was early due to out hols, but amazingly we heard it.
    It was lovely  :)
    So glad we did, as would of un-nerved me, especially with us flying on Wednesday!

Hannahdaisy I wonder why they didn't do yours? My midwife says they normally do it around 16wks but only did it early due to our holiday.
    Strange how they can all have such different procedures?!

Debating now booing a sexing scan for end of August as I don't think I can wait until 13th September for 20wk scan!

I've also got an consultant apt on Aug, not sure what to expect there?!

Oh and can definitely feel baby move this past week, anyone felt it this early on? Xx

Online hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 3/08/17, 19:47 »
    Crazy - that's lovely that they let you hear it :) I really don't know, it was a shame but at least we have a scan booked for next week. We didn't want to wait for the 20 week scan either! We got a deal that seems quite good I think, it's about 55 and you get some 6x4 photos printed, hear heartbeat, well-being check and gender, 4D sneaky peek then they give you a code to use online where you get access to all of the photos and videos from your appointment and you can download them yourself at home. They also do things like keyrings, USB sticks, heartbeat bears etc.

I felt something a little bit funny and bubbly last week on holiday, but not sure if it actually was baby, seems too early on! I've heard that if it's not your first baby you'll usually feel it earlier though. Can't wait to feel it properly and know that it's definitely baby :)

Offline Crazy81

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 3/08/17, 20:08 »
    Hannahdaisy that package sounds really good! Who's that with?
    Not sure if I can persuade my OH to have an earlier scan.
    He hates my impatientness! I don't think blokes 'get it' like we do!!  :o

Yeah I think things start a little earlier with your second. I definitely wasn't showing as much with my son.
    I'm massive atm. My back is already feeling sore at the base of my spine.
    The movements are lovely, but I guess with your first you don't realise what they are!

Xxx

Online hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 3/08/17, 20:18 »
    It's with a place called Window to the Womb, think they have a few different locations. I've had a private scan with Babybond too and they were great, but didn't offer the extras like the online access to all photos so that's what made us decide to try this other place.

I'm feeling quite big and enjoying having a bump, I think from about 11-12 weeks it started to stick out a bit more and now I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. My teaching assistant bought me a nice little vest for Pride that has a rainbow heart with little baby feet on it over the bump to wear while I'm there. I've heard that about kicks, that lots of people don't realise what they are at first and mistake them for something else. I've heard it's more like 18-22 weeks that you feel them with your first baby so lets see!

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 4/08/17, 09:42 »
    Crazy, good thing to be dated after actual due date, that way if baby takes its time your sure they won't want to induce you too early ;)

Hannah and Crazy, regarding movement, I felt my first around 16 weeks, a proper kick and DH happened to have his hand on my belly so we both felt it. But yes, I've heard 18 weeks is the average for first.
    It seems I can feel this one already @ 12w, but no actual kicking and I can only feel him/her from inside at night when I lie down. And only because I know the feeling, if I hadn't had DD1, I wouldn't even know what sensations to look for, and it's very very subtle!

Offline carrie lou

• Volunteer
    • Thankful to our donor for the most wonderful gifts
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 4/08/17, 16:26 »
    Hello ladies, just want to say hi and that I will be taking over this thread as moderator from Greyhoundgal  :)  I have to apologise that you have been a bit neglected, i promise to do better! I'm about to go and add everyone who has requested to the list on the front page, if you haven't yet asked to be added you can do so now and I'll add you at the soonest opportunity.

Any questions or problems, please feel free to message me  :) ^hugme^