* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 43381 times)

0 Members

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #110 on: 4/08/17, 16:27 »
Hannahdaisy i live in Malta. I am sorry about your MOT -it's not quite the expense but it's more the hassle to be without a car until it's fixed.

Crazy glad your appointment went well. At 14 weeks you would definitely be able to hear the heartbeat. We had first scan at 8 weeks and heard the heartbeat very well. I am 17 weeks and have only felt baby move once early this week but it was a one-time event. No further movements since Monday.

AFM I had to go to A&E today as i had bleeding and severe abdominal and lower back pain. I freaked out. I had a scan and had an internal examination and everything looks fine. But as a precaution i have been asked to go to hospital again for another scan to ensure that there are no problems.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 7/08/17, 10:11 »
    Evan - definitely, I mean, my partner has a car too but we prefer mine for motorway journeys. Plus, we were going to Pride and she wanted to drink there so it made much more sense for me to drive in case she was hungover and tired! Oh no, that must have been scary for you. At least everything looks ok and they're keeping an eye on you.

Definitely having a lazy day today after being away again all weekend, had only just started to recover from New York! Also started to get a cold yesterday and feeling very stuffy :( gender scan tomorrow!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 7/08/17, 13:48 »
    Welcome back Hannah. Impressed by all your activity - I consider a good day to be one where I get up before noon 😳

How are things Warrior? How is your eating? Mine is improving every day. Haven't had chips for at least 2 weeks.

Nice to see you here Pheeny!

Crazy hope your sleeping is better? I need to start Looking at pregnancy pillows. Was recommended one that costs 140. Seems a lot but if it's really that good, it'll probably be worth it.

Evan cant believe you live in Malta. I'm half Maltese and going there in Oct. How are you coping with the heat?

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all doing well.

Afm, doing ok. Nausea has pretty much subsided and although I still need 10+ hours' sleep, I'm not too knackered. Though my sleep is often interrupted.
    Had an antenatal appointment this am and heard a good heartbeat, I felt quite emotional! It was reassuring too as I've had a bit of pain recently that although I knew it was probably ligament pains, I couldn't help but worry about.
    Got my obstetrician appt booked too to discuss my c-section. All starting to feel very real. My bump is coming along nicely too.
    This week I'm dedicating myself to finding a decent bra.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 7/08/17, 20:19 »
    Violin - I've definitely found it tough! Just wanted one big last holiday and then after that didn't want to miss out on Pride or disappoint my partner. Friday and Saturday I stayed out until gone 1am, could not believe it, but did not feel great afterwards. Definitely need a quiet few weeks now. Lovely that you got to hear the heartbeat today, some nice reassurance. Was very disappointed when they wouldn't listen to mine. I've also been having pain and trying not to worry about it. I suppose there's lots of stretching going on in there.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 7/08/17, 21:08 »
    Hannahdaisy hope you are feeling a bit better and have managed to rest a bit. The pain could be due to stretching. How far along are you? Best of luck for your scan tomorrow.

Violin what a coincidence. What part of Malta will you be visiting? I am not coping with all this heat. It is the toughest summer ever and everyone is just demoralized at the moment as we cannot take it anymore. Today the heat stress index reached an all time high of 44 C. Being pregnant does not help. Glad all went well with your scan.

AFM blood has stopped thankfully but have had to rest a lot during the weekend as I cannot stand for long periods of time. Going shopping in large supermarkets is also proving to be a struggle.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 7/08/17, 22:07 »
    Evan - feeling a bit stuffy so have bought some paracetamol and vaporub. I'm usually so reliant on cold and flu tablets and nasal spray when I usually have a cold. Had a long nap this afternoon so I suppose that helped a bit! Thank you for the good luck, I'm always a bit nervous before I scan, trying to be more excited and ignore the nerves! I will be 16+4 tomorrow. Wow, 44c must be so tough.

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 7/08/17, 22:29 »
    Blimey Hannah - I'd be exhausted. Hope you have a lovely relax from now. I had no idea if they'd even look at a heartbeat after reading this thread, though looking at my notes & the midwife dates it did say 'HB' so i guess King's do so as a matter of course. And the midwife expected to hear one too. It's so strange that approaches can vary so much depending on the trust/hospital. Enjoy your scan tomorrow. I've had quite a lot of pain - she said side pain is generally ligament and central pain (which is what mine mainly is) is pelvic probably, so don't worry about it. I'm 16w5d today so pretty much the same as you.

Poor you Evan. That sounds horrendous. I'm visiting my parents in Marsascala - can't wait. As long as the temp is down by then. Can't imagine what it must be like - I hated it here during our hot periods and tgat is so much more. Take care of yourself.

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 8/08/17, 08:09 »
    hi Ladies - Today im 16+3 and having a gender scan at lunchtime - we already know we are having a little boy but as its been 4 weeks since the last scan im just checking in on him and hope we get some nice pictures. Good luck on your gender scan hannah and cant wait to hear which team you are on  ;D

Had my GTT test on friday and have not heard any results as yet so hoping no news is good news - last 2 pregnancies i was injecting insulin by 20 weeks so keeping everything crossed. Still have not received consultant appointment as yet but have had letter to say i should hear in the next week or so - getting a bit fed up with my GP - had a phone call from them to say they had heard from hospital and im to start taking daily asprin as soon as i get to 12 weeks? im like thinking i cant believe this im 16 weeks and they know im allergic to asprin yet everyone except me seems to keep forgetting! Was meant to be on Fragmin injections from 12 weeks yet no one seems to care - i booked in with my midwife at 8 weeks yet seem to be just forgotton its so frustrating - i have midwife appointment this friday so i will be on her case - she forgot to send my referral notes at 8 weeks and the hospital only just received them at end of July - if i was a first time mum i would think all this was totally normal and would have slipped through the net - its disgusting - i had to even remind her last week that i had not even had my booking in bloods done and i was 3 weeks late for them >:(

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 8/08/17, 09:20 »
    Good luck Hannahdaisy & Betty with scans.

Our 20 week one is on the 17th - hoping to get some pictures because they couldn't get any at 12 weeks 😢 Also have first consultant appointment on same day.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 8/08/17, 09:29 »
    Violin - I've heard you can hear a heartbeat from about week 8 so not sure why they wouldn't try at 16 weeks, especially as my partner can't come to anymore midwife appointments! Oh well, should hear it on the scan today all being well. My pain hasn't been every day or anything, but yes, has sometimes been central rather than feeling it at the sides.

Betty - that's really exciting. So nice to get lots of pictures, I look at them so often. Went back through my phone at the weekend and saw the 6 and 8 week ones, such a difference! Oh no, I've been a bit annoyed with mine too, lack of replies etc. Hope your GTT test results have gone well.

Thank you for the scan well wishes. Been asking people for their guesses before we find out. Had hardly any girl guesses before but they're starting to stack up. I'm still so sure that it's a boy though. I think it's partly because my two best friends and I were all pregnant at the same time and they are both having girls. I just think what are the chances of us all getting pregnant together and all having girls?! I know it's 50/50 overall, but also thought it was a boy from the skull theory.