* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 43363 times)

0 Members

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #120 on: 8/08/17, 15:10 »
Hannahdaisy you are not the only one feeling unwell. I came down with a severe sore throat and it's annoying whenyou are pregnant since you cannot take any meds. However pain is so severe that i have to take paracetamol every 6 hours. Hope you feel better soon. How was your scan?

Violin i am hoping that the temperature cools down by October. We never had a summer as hot as this so you never know but usually it is quite pleasant around October.

Betty i hope your scan went well and that you manage to sort out all the hassle with your appointments.

Flipsy we have our 20 week scan around same time. Mine is on 21st August.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 8/08/17, 22:22 »
    Evan - it's definitely harder not being able to take the usual medication. Seem to have woken up feeling much better today though so I hope that it continues!

Well, we were right, we're having a little boy! Paid extra to get the video recording of the scan too so we've watched that again already since we've been home. We're so stuck on boys names so we need to have a really good search now that we know!

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 9/08/17, 07:00 »
    I was waiting for your news all evening Hannahdaisy & had to go to bed in the end.

Congratulations on a little man.

We're not going to find out. Didn't with the twins either

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 9/08/17, 08:41 »
    Oh Flipsy, that's sweet of you :) you get to know people so well on here don't you. We had a late appointment and then such a busy evening! Thank you, we just couldn't resist finding out, I'm impressed with people when they manage to say no!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 9/08/17, 09:23 »
    Amazing hannah! Congratulations. So exciting.

I'm not finding out but my partner did find out at the 12w scan (they only had 65% certainty though). Trying to persuade her to not find out any more at the anomaly scan but tbh I don't mind her knowing and not me. I'm convinced our little Trevor is in fact a she though!

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 9/08/17, 10:30 »
    Oh congrats hannahdaisy we have decided not to find out the gender of the baby but we are both convinced that it will be another boy.

AFM I am very sick withs severe inflammation in throat. So I will probably have to start antibiotics which scares me a little. I will have to spek to my Gp later this afternoon.

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 9/08/17, 11:32 »
    Congrats Hannah on the boy! Good luck for the hunt for boys names ;)
    We are not finding out either and although we have a name for a boy we are still stuck on the girl's one ;) But we've had the boy's name for years since it we did not find out for DD1, that the name she would have been called if she'd been a boy!

So many people on here keeping it a surprise! That is not common!

Violin, good luck not knowing if your partner does ;) I'm not sure how you will manage to keep that up especially towards the end when you do all the shopping and nursery preping ;) Hopefully there won't be any slip ups ! I think it's lovely though only finding out when the little one is actually there! But definitely more work to find names and unisex everything!

Evan, sorry about the throat infection! Poor thing, trying to survive under 44*C and getting sick! Get well soon, hope the antibiotics help!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 9/08/17, 13:40 »
    Thanks Billie! Yes I don't envy her keeping it a secret but my curiosity has calmed now and I'm just excited to find out at the birth.
    Tbh part of the reason I don't want to know is to avoid gendered clothing. I'm not a massive pink/blue fan (hated pink/dresses as a kid) and we'd rather friends & family stuck with neutral colour schemes for him/her too.

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 9/08/17, 16:26 »
    Wow congrats hannahdaisy so exciting, lots of shopping to be done!  I'm in the surprise camp we didn't find out for dd but thought the whole pregnancy a girl and didn't have any boy names, this time I have no clue! 
    Violin I  don't envy your partner that's a hard secret to keep my hubby would be useless.

Anyone here taking blood thinning injections, I'm in fragmin and having a hard time it's only been a week and I'm dreading every injection, I've obviously got tough  skin because it takes ages to pierce and then burns so much going in - any tips?  I'm using my thighs it feels wrong injecting my belly.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 9/08/17, 23:53 »
    Wow, so many people that are keeping it a surprise. I imagine it would be so lovely to wait but we were just so impatient!

Billie - thank you for the name luck, we will need it!

Evan - what did the GP say?

Pheeny - are they the only two options? Thighs were an option for my progesterone injections too but I was too scared to try it there!