* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 46259 times)

0 Members

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #130 on: 10/08/17, 04:54 »
Pheeny i sympathize with you as I found that with each injection i had to take for my fertility treatments things just got harder and it felt as if my body was creating some kind of resistance to the needles.

Hannahdaisy my GP is totally against antibiotics and he said that my infection looks severe but that I should continue taking painkillers every 4 to 6 hours and that the pain should last another 4 days. So ultimately he did not prescibe antibiotics. In the meantime I can hardly swallow so i have fallen a bit behind with water intake since I am hardly drinking 1 litre of water in this heat. I bought some popsicles and those seem to numb the pain a little.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 10/08/17, 16:32 »
    congratulations hannah on a little boy - im also having a boy and we have known for a couple of weeks now and have only just come up with a name - i find boys names so much harder!

So  anyway my GTT results came in yesterday and its confirmed i do have Gestational Diabetes - not really surprising as i had it with both previous pregnancies so back on insulin injection - I too like you pheeny am on Fragmin injections and have to have one a day until the baby is 6 weeks old (like my last 2 pregnancies) they are killers and make me bruise like mad - unfortunately no advice other than to do it in the top of your leg and do it as quick as possible - they do sting but you do eventually get use to it - my DH does mine for me as i found if i did it i hesitated to much and found it even more painful - so i do insulin ones and he does the dreaded fragmin.

So had a scan on Tuesday and lovely to see how much he has grown - his little hand across his face - his little fingers looked so cute - no mistaking he was a boy - we saw it all  ;D all right on size and measuring perfectly we too had a dvd of all photos and a short video of him.
    I have midwife tomorrow x

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 11/08/17, 11:52 »
    Hope you're starting to feel better Evan! I've started to feel ill with a sore throat but don't think it'll be as severe as yours.

Glad you got to see your little one again Betty 😊 Sounds really special being able to see him in such detail. What scan was that? Good luck with midwife today.

Is anyone feeling movement yet? I'm so excited about the prospect, I feel as though I'm having phantom flutters but think it's probably just wind 😳

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 11/08/17, 12:19 »
    Evan - I think popsicles are definitely a good idea. Hopefully it'll start to ease off now.

Betty - thank you! We got a video too and I've already watched it again twice. So lovely to see them wriggling about.

Violin - I'm in the same position, I get a funny feeling sometimes but I just don't know whether it's something else!

Saw my best friends newborn baby yesterday and she was so lovely and tiny. Had lots of cuddles, fed her a bottle and burped her. Getting in some practice! My partner came for a bit too and loved it. So nice to see them with babies too :)

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 11/08/17, 12:48 »
    Hello ladies, can I be added to the list please? EDD is 5/2 after our dating scan last week. I hesitated joining earlier as I had an mc last year and didn't want to jinx it. Silly, I know!

This is a naturally conceived dhea-baby. I took dhea in preparation for our second cycle. The first one failed miserably du to low amh and egg quality.

It's reassuring to hear that even midwives can't hear heart beats at this stage yet. I got a fetal doppler and expected to hear a heart beat now at 14 weeks but no luck. I'm still throwing up though so that's reassuring as well. Also got result for nuchal scan and blood test and it's low risk. Phew!

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 11/08/17, 17:42 »
    Betty glad you got to see your little one.

Violin i hope you feel better soon. Just had one day of movement about 2 weeks ago but that's it. But the sonographer did say that mybplacenta is very high up and might not feel movement for a while.

Hannahdaisy it must be great to have a video. I only have pics of scans which are not clear.

Lilacfairy  welcome. I have never been in favour of dopplers as sometimes it is very tricky to find the heartbeat. I had a hospital appt at 14 weeks and they managed to find a heartbeat but it took them a while and to make things worse i had a full bladder. You have to identify the baby's position first before you can track heartbeat using a doppler which is quite difficult. I hope all goes well for you.

AFM feeling much better now. Pain has eased quite a lot and I am trying to stick it out without taking any painkillers and just relying on popsicles.

Offline WarriorBaby

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 12/08/17, 08:38 »
    Morning ladies!

Haven't been on for a while, so loads to catch up on...

Lilacfairy - welcome!!

Hannahdaisy - was looking for your update, amazing news on your blue one! 💙💙💙

Violin - no movement yet, still waiting! It is still early...I didn't feel anything until around 21-22 weeks with my first babe, but expecting it sooner with #2

Betty - glad all with your little man and sorry to hear about GD,  but good you know how to manage it x

Evan - good to hear you are feeling better!

Pheeny - sorry hon, don't know about the injections x

Flipsy & Billie - think we won't find out either, but as I've said before, think it's a girl based on the 'nub theory' and the sonographer agreed with my guess at my 12 week scan but let's see!

Izzy, Bunny - how are you both??

Sorry if I've missed anyone...

AFM, back at work part time after a year's maternity leave & in the middle of house renovations, so everything is crazy! We are turning our 2 bedroom into 3, and flipping it around - it's an upside down house...completely undestimated the project...feeling really good now at least, would of been a nightmare in the first trimester...DD is one next week so today is our NCT group bday party - really recommend joining a local NCT group - it has been amazing on mat leave X

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 12/08/17, 13:39 »
    Welcome lilacfairy! Congratulations on your pregnancy

Ah that's reassuring Warrior. I'll try to be more patient. Sounds like a crazy time for you - always happens that way it seems! We're moving on Tuesday and plan renovations early next year, when Trevor is a few months old. I can't....wait 😐
    Defo going to do NCT. So.e of my friends have made best mates with their NCT buddies while others have little in common. I really hope I'm the former.

Nice to see you're getting practice in Hannah. Does it feel different knowing you'll have ypur own soon enough? I'm definitely more transfixed than I used to be!

Glad you're feeling better Evan. You've got me craving popsicles now.

Afm I went to a social engagement last night, the first with mates rather than my close friends who all know already. I wore maternity jeans, a tight vest and a denim shirt and my gut (I hesitate to call it a bump as it's 80% gut and 20% bump) was on full show. At the end someone looked at it and said "it's definitely a girl". I wanted to correct him and say "it's actually chip-shop chips, Maggi instant noodles & accumulated girth brought on by 3 IVF rounds" but I thought I'd go with it.

That's my fave bit of pregnancy so far (apart from the prospect of having a baby).

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 12/08/17, 15:10 »
    Lilac - welcome :)

Warrior - thank you! Oh, sounds stressful! We're hoping to move ASAP. Our contract is over in October. I've been having a look and have found some lovely places but have had to stop because it's annoying me that we can't actually go and look at them as it's too early!

Violin - definitely feels different now! My other best friend was there too and she's about 30 weeks pregnant and we were saying how strange it is knowing that it'll be us soon. It was nice to get some recommendations of things that she's bought and is actually using too so I've made a note of them.

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 12/08/17, 17:08 »
    Thanks for welcoming me!

Big news today: I found the heart beat with the doppler! 😊
    I think what happened last time is that I was too bloated and we only heard horrible gurgling noises.

Hannah, warrior and violin: we just moved as well. We moved when I was 6 weeks and sickness and exhaustion started the week after. So poor dh has had to do all the redecoration work himself, the poor soul! I wish you all the best with your moves, exhausting and exciting times!