* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 46276 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #140 on: 13/08/17, 09:09 »
Lilac - oh wow! All through the early days I just felt sick and soooooo tired! Saying that, I'll still be no help at all at about 25 weeks really (just a guess on when we'd be able to move...). Going to have to get family and friends over to help if they're not busy so that they can do some lifting for me! Really need the space though and I would just love an extra bedroom to put the baby's things in. I know that they don't need to sleep in there for a while but it's so lovely to have a nursery and a wardrobe with their clothes in, a cot set up, drawers for their things etc. Plus I don't know where all of that would go in this current house!

Not sure if I've talked about it on this thread, but since finding out I was pregnant I've always worried about my cervix due to having a few appointments at the colposcopy clinic in the past and ending with a LLETZ procedure. I've read differing things about this online and whether it's likely to bring on preterm labour etc, but as I'm sure you ladies can imagine, it has been troubling me! I have seen some horrendous stories about women that had a weakened/incompetent cervix and didn't know and then lost their babies etc and I just can't really rest.

Soooo, I've found that Baby Bond do cervical length scans (for 89  :( ) so I think we've both decided that we need to have one, if only to put our minds at rest, but then it says they also come with an abdominal scan and 2 pics of the baby. We only had our gender scan last Tuesday! Thinking now that really I should've put off the gender scan and had this instead and then waited to find out gender at the 20 week one rather than paying for two private scans within 7 days!!

Oh well. Sorry, just needed to get this out to someone other than my partner ;D think I'll just go ahead and book it for tomorrow because I just keep worrying.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 13/08/17, 10:27 »
    Hannahdaisy - you need to do what you feel is best for you & your baby.

On the moving front, with our last pregnancy which was twins, we moved 2 weeks prior to them being born. Not a little move either. We moved from Kent to Berkshire!!!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 13/08/17, 10:56 »
    Flipsy - I caved straight after and booked it. I'm obviously hoping that they'll just say it's absolutely fine and within normal range and then hopefully I can relax! Just hard to get it out of my mind.

Wow, two weeks beforehand! Nice to be moved before they come though. I look forward to bringing baby home to a place where they have their own bedroom and more space etc. Just annoying to see lovely places that we can't have at the moment! Need to stop looking.

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 13/08/17, 11:06 »
    That's the trouble when you're moving.

We are waiting to see if we will need to move in October 😢

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 13/08/17, 19:44 »
    Flipsy, sounds like you were lucky! My colleague told me that he and his wife moved 2 weeks before the due date and then her labour started on the day they were moving. The baby was born 2 days later!

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 13/08/17, 19:47 »
    Wow Liliacfairy - I managed one consultant appointment & was booked for a CS 3 weeks after. I was due a scan & consultant appointment a week later but my waters went in the middle of the night!!!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 14/08/17, 18:43 »
    Hi ladies :) just to say that I went for my cervical length scan this afternoon. I had it done at Baby Bond and they were lovely. They did an abdominal scan first to check baby's wellbeing, the sonographer took a few pictures and even showed us baby in 4D which I wasn't expecting with this scan package so that was nice! She said not to tell her the gender and then confirmed that it was definitely a boy. Then she did the internal scan and said my cervix was over 4cm and wasn't funneling, even when coughing, so nice and reassuring :) she printed some more lovely pictures for us too.

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 14/08/17, 19:09 »
    Glad you've been given some reassurance Hannahdaisy.

Now you can relax & enjoy your pregnancy

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 16/08/17, 15:07 »
    Hello all  :)

Please can I join & be added? I've been following for a few weeks but didn't want to join until we had the 12 week scan - which we had today  :) .

My clinic put my due date as the 28th of February, but after scan today it is now the 25th - as its twins they'll be early any way  ^Heart^ ^Heart^ .

Looking forward to talking and sharing this journey with you all  :) .

Bunny xx

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 17/08/17, 10:10 »
    Welcome bunny! I'm sure I remember you from another board? Or maybe not. So exciting. Glad you got to see your little one 💕