* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44319 times)

0 Members

Offline IzzyQ

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #160 on: 19/08/17, 19:20 »
Oh my goodness I haven't been on here for AGES! Combination of awful morning sickness, school hols and a crazy 4 yr old boy to look after, and our own holidays I've barely been online so I've just had a big catch up!

I finally opened the Harmony email with the gender last week (I had one without gender too) ...I held off for 5 weeks, waiting for the right time. We're having a girl, woohoo!!! Very very happy. I've been feeling tumbles and gentle kicks and punches for a while now, she even woke me up the other night having a party. The all-day morning sickness finally disappeared at the end of week 16...I'm now week 18 and just feel permanently pooped! Went out to walk the dogs today and it felt like I was walking through treacle, ugh. My bump finally popped out a couple of weeks ago but it's fairly small really, definitely grows as the day goes on though, getting uncomfortable by the evening. I try to get one of the cats to sit on it to squash it down a little, lol!

Betty - Congratulations on the boy! Boys are awesome, cuddly and easy! I'm so sorry to hear about your gestational diabetes, what a pain for you. Do you have to be monitored very closely? Do you test your own blood like with 'normal' diabetes? I hope your care is sorted out soon, they need to get their act together. Could you get a private prescription for Fragmin to tide you over? Such idiots to tell you to take aspirin - I can't tolerate it either. Will your GP not prescribe Fragmin to you? I assume you have good reason to be on it!

Evan80, I hadn't heard of anti-fya until you mentioned it. I hope all goes well, thinking of you. I'm in a hot place too - SW France. We hit 45 C earlier in the summer which I found unbearable because of pregnancy so I feel your pain. Thank God we installed a/c in the kitchen and bedroom a couple of years ago. I sat under it all day! Luckily for us the current heat wave has passed us by and we're only 27-30 C, I hope the crazy heat doesn't last too long for you. Get in the water!

Pheeny - I'm on Clexane blood thinner injections, and have been for over 6 months because of IVF/my elevated blood clot risk. They are a bugger! Like injecting wasp sting!! I wouldn't worry about doing it in your tummy, the needle only goes into the dermal layers and nowhere near the baby. The tummy is the easiest least painful place for them, until your skin toughens up and/or your tummy becomes too stretched. I highly recommend tummy jabs while you can! Tummy for me is too painful now. After all the jabs from my first pregnancy, my skin has turned into a hide underneath. Dreading when the same happens to my bum and legs...where next?! Unlike Betty I find injecting slowly better, way too painful otherwise. I find the best help these days is to whack a gripping tv series on the iPad while I'm doing it - distraction works well!

The Iona/Harmony test is so reassuring isn't it? And so easy. I thought they offered it on the NHS now or is it only to those who are higher risk of Trisomy?

Evan - I had the sore throat bug a couple of weeks ago, awful but got through it with paracetamol and honey and lemon. The honey worked a treat. Try and stay hydrated, I found warm drinks easier.

Hannah - congratulations on the boy!! Your good news re the cervical scan must be such a relief. Yup, back aches have begun, and headaches on and off. Cat curls are great for the back aches (you can look them up on the internet if you don't know them), as are regular massages and osteopathic or chiropractic treatment. I can still sleep on my tummy thank goodness, hate not being able to though I feel that day is coming!!

Lilacfairy - welcome!

Bunny - hello again, twins! Fabulous!

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #161 on: 20/08/17, 06:21 »
    Wow Izzy i thought i was the one who slacked as I had not accessed the Boards for a week but seems like you have been away longer than me ;D. When i had my first pregnancy i used the Boards as an excuse to sit down and relax but with a nealy 3 year old there is not much time for rest

Congrats on the news about your baby girl. We are still adamant that we don't want to find out the gender.

As for the heat we are in for another heatwave tgis week but I am sure I will survive as it won't be as bad as the previous ones.

Pheeny i hope you feel better soon. Being sick during pregnancy is such an annoyance.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #162 on: 20/08/17, 15:17 »
    Pheeny - I ordered a pregnancy pillow on Amazon Prime yesterday and it arrived not long ago, looking forward to trying that out tonight :) had a back rub yesterday and it seems to have helped a lot though, hurt at the time but I think it's started to clear something up. Lovely that you're feeling and seeing movements, I'm so excited for that to happen. Been told that my placenta is at the front so probably won't happen until after 20 weeks.

Izzy - congratulations on your baby girl :) very exciting. I do love sleeping on my belly so hopefully this pillow will be good and give me something to lean on. I will have a look at the cat curls and try those if the massages and pillow don't work well.

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #163 on: 20/08/17, 16:57 »
    Hello all & thank you for the warm welcome  :)

Violin - yes I think we have spoken on another board. How are you? X

Beautiful strangers - super exciting that you have your gender scan  :) . I didn't get a bump with my dd until well after 20 weeks and when I was preparing to leave work people were asking why I was leaving  :o  I always got comments about how small I was & it always upset me - don't know what it is about being pregnant & people thinking they can comment on your appearance  >:( !! X

Flipsy - how cute that baby was covering there face  :) . When we had scan the other day twin 1 was kicking twin 2 in the head  ;D !! X

Betty - how frustrating about your midwife appointment  >:( . The midwife at our doctors is rubbish & I ended up upset after first seeing her!! X

Izzy - hello  :) . Congrats on your baby girl  ^pinkted^  how exciting. How lovely that your feeling movements  :)  when did you first start to feel them? X

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xXx

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 21/08/17, 09:58 »
    So I had my scan yesterday morning and could see my little GIRL kicking away!!!!   I did think it was girl but still a surprise somehow!   We were over the moon,  within 20 minutes my mum was on the phone all excited.    We told a couple of people, not everyone yet as we were busy and then an hour later I saw that my mum had splashed our news all over social media!!!! I was fuming.  We were in our nice bubble thinking about our lives with a girl and it really put a dampener on things.   I get that she was excited but it wasn't her news to tell.  She'd even put one of the 3D pictures on there.   She removed it when I text her but the damage was done.  I'm still pretty angry now when I should be happy about my news!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 21/08/17, 10:07 »
    Congratulations on your baby girl Stranger :) oh dear, something similar happened to us but smaller scale I suppose. We rang my partner's mum after the scan and my partner was driving. I was texting some of my friends about it, went to see my parents and my aunty and told them. My gf couldn't tell anyone because she was driving, then popped into Tesco and she got her phone out, her sister had text her about the baby being a boy etc and she was just so upset that her mum had been telling people, saying it was her news to tell :( it really upset her and she was just saying how that was a once in a lifetime thing, first baby, she wanted to tell her family members etc.

I hope that you're feeling better about it now. She got all her upset and anger out and then felt better but I think she's still a bit annoyed about it.

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 21/08/17, 10:19 »
    It's not fair is it. You are right, this is a once in a lifetime! Also, this is probably the only child we will ever have so it's up to us who I tell and when we tell them.  I just cant get my head round that she thought this was ok.    Within 10 mins of getting off the phone to my mum, my sister called too as my mum had told her.     None of this can be taken back and I've not actually told her how annoyed I am.  I'm not sure that will help things.   

Midwife today, hopefully I can convince them to listen to the heartbeat.    I've seen this baby enough, I want to hear her!!     

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 21/08/17, 10:41 »
    Yeah I think my gf said something too. I know it's just the grandparents being very excited but it was still very upsetting and frustrating.

Good luck with the midwife appointment. Mine wouldn't listen :( said they'd listen at the next appointment, 25 weeks. We've heard it at two scans I think but it's so quick. I'll have to go to the 25 week appointment and all others ones after that alone so the midwife suggested that I record it on my phone to show my partner. I'd quite like to do that anyway because then I get to keep it forever too :)

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 21/08/17, 11:17 »
    Hi ladies

Sorry to gate crash.

@Boggins, trying to PM you but your inbox is full.

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 21/08/17, 13:44 »
    BeautifulStranger - I would be fuming too!! Especially on social media!! It goes both ways too, my aunt was mortally offended to find out the news of my cousins pregnancy via her daughter who had seen it on social media. I now take great care to tell everyone 'important', particularly older family members, in person before declaring things on social media. When I was pregnant with my first we told my MIL before the 12 weeks mark as she was forever asking us when we were going to have a baby...I asked her not to tell anyone and a week later found out that she had told all the family, her bridge club, her tennis friends...OMG I was mad!!! Imagine if I'd lost the baby!! It is SO not anyone's information to tell, relative or not! Especially with a first child, everything feels so very special.
    This time we did IVF and I made sure she didn't tell anyone about the IVF or the pregnancies (third time lucky), but second time around I'm less bothered about who she told after the 12 week scan. I think our parents need social media etiquette training! 😂