* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44702 times)

0 Members

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #170 on: 21/08/17, 14:04 »
I don't put anything about my pregnancy on social media.  It's only family, close friends & work colleagues that know I'm even pregnant.

When we announced the birth last time there were some very shocked people & im sure there will be again this time.

I would be furious if anyone was to announce our pregnancy or birth

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    modify
    « Reply #171 on: 21/08/17, 15:25 »
    I am still trying to get over it.  I'm sure I will at some point.

Midwife looked for the heartbeat today, I didn't even need to prompt her!
    I got a nice little recording on my phone for my other half.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 21/08/17, 15:31 »
    Beautifulstranger i am very sorry. Something similar happened to us. We told those people who knew about ivf soon after the 8 week scan and asked them not to tell anyone. My mother kept the news to herself but dh's mother and sister had told some other people and i was fuming. Dh wanted to keep things calm and didn't say anything to them which made it worse for me.

I am currently sitting at the clinic waiting to have my 20 week scan and can't believe how stressed I am.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 22/08/17, 11:41 »
    That's good Stranger, I will definitely ask to record mine.

Evan - how did the scan go?

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 22/08/17, 13:52 »
    Hi all. I'm so shocked to reas your stories of family members breaking the news - that's so naughty. My parents are oversharers but even they'd draw the line at that.

I'm good Bunny, how are you?

How did your midwife appt go Hannah? Hope you got to hear & record the heartbeat.

Hope your 20w scan went well Evan.

Afm I'm ok. Moved house a week ago which was stressful but at least we're in. Trying to make it homely as we're having work done on it but not til after the baby, so quite limited.
    I called my midwife team today as I was concerned my bump hasn't changed in 3 weeks, since the initial spurt. They said not to worry and a friend said the same. 19w tomorrow and 20w scan a week on Friday. It's so odd feeling this anxious when I'm generally not an anxious person.

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 22/08/17, 15:18 »
    Omg I can't believe how badly some of your family members behaved! I would definitely be raging and confront the person. I'm not too diplomatic in situations like this.

Sorry for lack of personals, I can't believe how much happened here in the last few days.

Pheeny, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with ms at this stage. It comes and goes, was better over weekend, but this morning I set it off again while brushing my teeth. Feeling ok-ish now, so will prob be able to go to aquanatal tonight.
    I've gone back to my previous yoga class because my gym doesn't offer pregnancy yoga. My teacher said I could do it at my own risk. Tbh, there's a lot of movements I can't do so I'm considering swapping for sth else, eg dance or so. I just don't want to pay separately for pregnancy yoga, when I'm already paying monthly for the gym.

Evan, I hope your scan went OK, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Violin re anxiety, I can be very anxious myself and the doppler has been a godsent! I use it every other day for a few seconds just to reassure myself that there is still a heart beat. It's so hard when you can't really feel anything happen in there!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #176 on: 23/08/17, 09:34 »
    Violin - I haven't actually got an appointment now until 25 weeks but hoping to record it then. Great that you're all moved in, how exciting :) our 20 week scan is next Friday too, will be exactly 20 weeks. Looking forward to it but still slightly nervous as always!

Went to view a flat yesterday and we loved it. Found out that someone has already put an offer in but their references haven't gone through and it's been ages so the landlord has just carried on and may take someone else. Rang last night and said we wanted it, put through some forms etc, got a call to say some other people that saw it yesterday also put an offer in and now we're kind of battling with them. Stressful! The estate agent has said to ring back this morning and think about whether we can move our dates forward or increase the rent etc. The rent is already nearly 300 more a month than where we are now and I'll be on maternity leave for a while, ahhhh! We just loved it though and the second bedroom was definitely big enough for two children, let alone just one so means we could stay there for quite a while. I suppose maternity leave is just temporary and then money will be back to normal again.

Also, wondering if I might have felt baby move last night and this morning. Felt little bubbles pop 3 times. I only question it because I was told last week that my placenta was at the front and that I probably wouldn't feel anything until after 20 weeks.

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 23/08/17, 09:41 »
    Lilacfairy I'm impressed you are able to go do exercise!  Dance sounds like a fab idea, although just walking is tiring me out at the moment!!

Violin I think anxiety is very common, its just us turning into mummies  :) already worrying about our bubs, also lots of bumps tend to change over night so I wouldn't worry.  Nice to get the move out of the way, we find out this week if my husband is getting made redundant and we maybe moving countries - which seems absolutely crazy now.

Evan hope the scan went well.

Beautiful Stranger congrats on your little girl, how exciting.

Hannahdaisy - hows the pregnancy pillow did it give you any relief?
    Was just about to post and your update came in, how exciting and stressful.  Lovely that you are feeling movement, sounds about right, I think it feels like fluttering inside, but one is near top because I can see movements now.

I've still got a head cold and still being sick, theres no way I have a pregnancy glow  ;D  Seems like time is going really fast though, I know a few a further along but I can't believe I'm four months gone. 
    Hope everyone is well xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #178 on: 23/08/17, 09:57 »
    Pheeny - moving countries, wow! Is it to somewhere far away? The pregnancy pillow was really comfy but my partner hates it and says it takes up too much of the bed so I dunno what to do about it. The last two nights I've slept without it to be nice but I'm sure I'm going to need it in the future. Hope that the feelings are the baby, hard to tell at the start, especially with the first baby I suppose! The fact that you can see the babies moving sounds amazing! Hope you start to feel better soon.

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 23/08/17, 10:25 »
    Pheeny, moving countries wow! Would that be during pregnancy or after? We are also thinking about moving but next year, after baby is born, although we are still unsure, and that would be to go back to our home country, so in a way easier... They say moving with younger children is actually easier as they adapt more easily, we'll see.

Hannah, and any other using pregnancy pillows, what brand did you buy? Last time I bought a cheap sausage-like pillow, which was useful, but weirdly I feel if I had something supporting my back too it would feel more confortable, right now I sleep with three pillow, one for the head/ one front, and one back! Also, my partner use to think I took all the space in the bed last time with all my pillows, so when we learned we were pregnant again, we bought a super king size bed, it SO NICE!!! No-one is feeling crushed and DD1 can join us in the morning too!