* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44710 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #180 on: 23/08/17, 10:44 »
Billie - just read the end part out to my partner and she said she's seriously considering that! I bought mine from Amazon from Love2Sleep called the Big U Maternity Support Pillow - 27.95.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 23/08/17, 15:26 »
    Hi girls scan went well but because i had bleeding episode my consultant prescribed duphaston progesterone support. The only problem is that i have now developed haemrrhoids out of the blue and i am blaming the tablets for it. I am in so much pain. :'(

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 23/08/17, 15:38 »
    Hi Girls - cant believe how some of you have been having to put up with family members spreading your brilliant news - i too would be mad - I told everyone that needed to know personally from me at 12 weeks and then announced on social media - we know the sex but have not told anyone (except you girls :) )  for that very reason - they will all find out when he is born and not before.

Im sorry if all i do is moan lately but i am more than fed up - had midwife on friday as she had forgotton about my appointment the week before and she said i had protein in my urine and it was nothing to worry about so yesterday i had to see midwife from diabetic team to get my testing kit and she said what did your midwife say about your BP? I said she didnt say anything why? well apparently it was high and i should have been sent to see a doctor - well all my midwife said was see you in 10 weeks! She also forgot to write down that i had protein in my pee so when hospital done a urine test showed i had infection so they wasnt happy - so to cut a long story short i was admitted to day assesment ward for 5 hours - 3 attempts for blood on veins that had collapsed and put on a monitor to trace baby - on extra meds and antibiotics for infection - i could have screamed - so anyway doing 2 full days of testing and then back to hospital on friday to collect insulin - cant wait till saturday off on hols and i need it xx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 23/08/17, 16:03 »
    Oh betty that is awful. Can you file a formal complaint against the midwife or go to another midwife instead. She is not just playing with one life but she has two lives in her hands. She is too negligent in her job.

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 25/08/17, 00:27 »
    Hi Evan - progesterone can certainly slow down your digestion! I use Miralax (Movicol / macrogol, different names for same thing)), it's not absorbed by the body so is safe while pregnant though of course check with your doc first. It's very gentle, sometimes takes a couple of days to work but gives blessed relief from constipation!

Betty - I can't believe how crap your nurses / hospital have been! O M G. I hope you're feeling better now you have the right treatment for the diabetes and UTI. So rubbish you had to spend half the day in hospital because of their cock-up. Can you kick up a fuss and make sure they look after you better?

I went swimming today, dived in a few times, I also jumped in twice with my little boy...I checked this evening and most search results say don't dive (and certainly don't jump) when pregnant. Oops! But it feels so good! And I do know how to dive properly. I can't really find any reason why, apart from some mutterings about placental abruption, but only on forums and no medical papers or evidence...I won't do it when I'm massive but then my bump is definitely there now...bugger, the seed of doubt has been planted now, sigh! I'll see if I can get a message to my OB and ask her if it's ok. Darn it, love diving!!

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 25/08/17, 10:23 »
    Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

Currently on route to hospital in an ambulance. Had a massive bleed with clots. Not looking good 😢

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 25/08/17, 11:04 »
    Oh Flipsy, will be thinking of you and hoping that everything's ok. Best of luck xx

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 25/08/17, 12:42 »
    Flipsy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. All the best!

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 25/08/17, 13:46 »
    Betty, so sorry about your care, maybe you can change midwife?

IzzyQ, surely the diving / jumping that you did yesterday would have resulted in placental abruption (separation of placenta and uterus), not so early on? But probably best to stop, even if just to avoid feeling bad about it ;) . So many things are in the "maybe not" list without much evidence. :(

Oh Flipsy! I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts!!! fxxx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 25/08/17, 15:54 »
    Oh Flipsey hope you are okay. My thoughts are with you.

IzzyQ i think you will be fine. Just check about diving in future but don't worry about the diving you did yesterday -after all what's done is done