* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44422 times)

0 Members

Offline Crazy81

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #240 on: 6/09/17, 07:48 »
Flipsy so sad reading your post. Im thinking of you and Henry.
Take care of yourself xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 6/09/17, 08:58 »
    Went to pregnancy yoga last night for the 1st time. Definitely put a spring in my step!
    And during the day my OH & I went to look at pushchairs and car seats. All feels slightly less intimidating now. They're the only things we're buying new (thanks to both sets of grandparents) so keen to get it right.
    We've also signed up to an antenatal course that *isn't* NCT (😲)  which I'm really looking forward to. All in all starting to feel real!

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #242 on: 6/09/17, 23:16 »
    Flipsy, wishing you lots of strength for the days and months to come!

I've got a question: how do you know it's movement and not just bloating? Does it feel very different? Or could you mistake one for the other?

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 7/09/17, 09:31 »
    Lilac it is completely different in my opinion . My baby has actually started to kick now so i can definitely tell the difference. But even when baby started moving i could feel as if something is moving across my belly.

How far along are you? I will be 22 weeks tomorrow and have started having movements at exactly 21 weeks and it is amazing how much stronger the kicks grew in a week.

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 7/09/17, 13:25 »
    Lilac - in my first pregnancy I had what felt like bubbles for several weeks before the first kicks...it does feel different to your digestion, if you feel it very low down that's most likely the baby. How many weeks are you?

I felt something at around 19 weeks with my first, but at around 15 weeks with this one! This time round no bubbles, but most definitely kicks and punches. The somersaults just feel very weird! You may notice that your baby moves at the same time each day. Mine's very active first thing, around lunch and then in the evening/at bed time. Last night she made me laugh because her kicks were tickling me so much! X

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #245 on: 7/09/17, 18:32 »
    Violin - I'm starting to think about antenatal classes too. Can't decide whether to just do the one at my hospital or actually join a group. In general I hear such good things about NCT if only for the social side!

Lilac - I'm not sure how to explain but a couple of weeks ago I just had a really funny feeling when laying in bed and I actually went 'ooh' and stopped what I was saying, took me by surprise and I definitely noticed it as something different. Happened again a minute or two later and then I've generally felt things every day since then. I think the movements have started to change too, it first felt a bit like bubbles popping, then I started to feel things more like waves and when I've described it I've made a 'bloop' sound. Hard to explain! Think that's the baby flipping over or something, think I've felt a few actual kicks and jabs too but not as many of those. As Izzy said, my feelings have been very low down, although I've been told my placenta is right at the front so dunno if that's why I've been feeling mine there.

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #246 on: 8/09/17, 18:23 »
    Thanks ladies, that's helpful to know. I'll be 19 weeks on Monday. I've felt bubbly sensations, but definitely nothing I would say is clearly movement. I think the bubbles could be bloating. Maybe not. It's so hard to be patient!

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 8/09/17, 21:06 »
    Lilac my movement started off feeling like bubbles too but its more like kicks now, although I can see it across my belly rather than feel it which is a bit strange, but only one twin, the other is right at the back.  My ms has settled down and I've started eating chocolate again and it makes the baby go nuts (and cold water)!

Hannah we did NCT last time and made some really good friends, I don't know that I took much info away with me but you'll really appreciate having the other mums experiencing the same issues in the first few months.  The best class I did was a two hour free breastfeeding class at the hospital, tonnes of information and help, and they showed how to express colostrum which I'm sure helped bring labour on.

I got a free baby box today if anyone is interested its through baby box university, took a few weeks to arrive but I think it will be very useful so I don't have to move around beds in the first few weeks.  Also if anyone is missing wine, sainsburys does a good alcohol free bubbles which is surprisingly good without being sickly like others (can you tell I've finally got an appetite back  ;D ). 

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #248 on: 9/09/17, 09:33 »
    Pheeny - thanks for that, I will have a look at the baby box. I haven't tried much of the alcohol free stuff but some that I did were very sweet so that's good to know! Will definitely have to get some for things like my birthday, Christmas and NYE. I will still have a think about whether to do NCT or not, would be nice to have some other friends in the exact same position that live nearby, especially when you're on maternity leave and everyone else is at work. Good to hear that you're feeling better!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 9/09/17, 10:28 »
    I ummed & aaahed for ages over which one to do Hannah - tbh I think it's luck of the draw & just depends on whether your group bonds, whichever you end up doing. Some friends have found lifelong friends through theirs while others drifted apart v soon. I've joined local forums & also a newish app called Mush that links expectant/already mums by location & interest so there's lots of other options.

Thanks for the heads up Pheeny - just signed up for a baby box! Brilliant your ms has finally subsided  :)

I've started looking at the Bounty emails that had previously gone to my trash & finally bought a pregnancy pillow. It's similar to the B&B Hug Me one I wanted but was on offer for 25 (rather than 135  :o). It arrives on Monday.

They also had an offer on for a Mamas & Papas pushchair/carrycot/car seat/ISOFIX base & other things reduced to 650 - it was the same pushchair I liked when we had a look...so we got it. It feels really early but such a good deal I think it'll save us in the long run.

Have a brill weekend with your bumps everyone :)