* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44270 times)

0 Members

Offline Galapagos

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #250 on: 9/09/17, 16:28 »
Flipsy, I'm so sorry to hear your news, sending you all my best and prayers to Henry. If you are still on this thread we are all here for you if you need support or just a place to offload xx

Pheeny thanks for the tip about Baby Box University, I logged on and loved that they have videos on there about really specific issues, will be logging back in soon when I have some quiet time!

Violin, how nice to be making proper purchases :) we haven't got round to trying out any pushchairs yet, planning to go to John Lewis and test them out then buy one second hand I think, but we have bought a Stokke cot & changing table on Ebay which hopefully I can find a van to bring down from Leeds to Surrey! Excited to start making the nursery, but at the moment its the room where we store all our clothes as our house has zero storage, so waiting for my kind stepdad to come up and make us some wardrobes so we have some space!

Evan, when is your scan, are you feeling OK?

Crazy nice to see you on here :) I'm still taking Cyclizine which is helping but seems to be getting less effective, this little lady is causing all sorts of hormone surges I think.

We had an extra appointment with the consultant on Weds as I've had abdominal surgery and my placenta is lying very low, which may mean a scheduled c-section is the only option :( Hoping things improve by the next scan, planning on being back at work soon after the birth as we run our own business, and taking a whole load of time off isn't really an option....

We also have our first AirB&B guests arriving on Monday, talk about filling the calendar...2 guys who are golf caddies at the PGL tour, should be interesting once we get all the work on the rooms complete. Its going to be a long weekend....

Hope you are having a lovely weekend ladies

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #251 on: 10/09/17, 08:11 »
    Galapagos my anomaly scan is scheduled for tomorrow noon. Trying not to think too much about it as I become very stressed.

I am not sure how far along you are but if you are not too far along there is still a chance that your placenta will go up thus avoiding the c section. Unfortunately when you are pregnant you have to epect everything. Personally with the problem that i have I might very well end up having a c section if i have to deliver baby early due to fetal anaemia. I have no idea how it is managed here since these cases are rare. Following third degree tear during my first pregnancy i was advised by my consultant to have a planned c section but i refused.

Happy weekendto all

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #252 on: 12/09/17, 10:16 »
    It is lovely to be getting it all together Galapagos! My pregnancy pillow arrived yesterday and while it slotted round me nicely i didn't actually sleep that well with it. Went back to a pillow nest and slept like...a baby.
    They're our only new purchases we'll be making (and our parents shared the cost of the bundle which is lovely). So now scouring local forums for other bits. Hope you managed to get all your purchases fow. Goid luck with clearing out the nursery!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #253 on: 12/09/17, 10:17 »
    Evan how was your scan yesterday? Hope it went ok x

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #254 on: 12/09/17, 14:40 »
    Hi Violin everything went well. Everything looks normal and there is no sign of anaemia so far thank God.

We managed to get some lovely pics too. xxx

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 12/09/17, 18:08 »
    Oh brill Evan, really happy for you. What a relief ❤

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #256 on: 13/09/17, 15:09 »
    Hi all.

I'm still being rubbish at posting - sorry - seem to be really busy at the moment!

How is everyone?

Flipsy - sending you  ^hugme^  sorry to read what you've been through, stay strong xx

Hannahdaisy - how are you finding being back at school?

Welcome to any newbies!

Evan - good news on your scan & lovely that you got some great pics  :) .

AFM - had 16 week consultant appointment yesterday, went better than I was expecting, got to hear both the babies heartbeats  ^Heart^ ^Heart^  which really put my mind at rest.
    We have been buggy shopping to get some ideas - crazy money!!
    And we have a 3d scan booked for Saturday  :)  we didn't find out the sex with our dd, but as its 2 this time we want to get organised so think we'll find out on Saturday - we do have a good idea already as we had the harmony test!!

Bunny xx

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #257 on: 13/09/17, 18:09 »
    Bunny Bounty have some really good offers on buggies etc if you sign up. We got the buggy plus carrycot, car seat & base plus extras for the price of the buggy alone. They've got other offers for smaller bundles too, ie buggy and carrycot only. But make sure you opt if out 3rd party marketing - I've been sent loads, had calls plus emails about singles 'meet-ups' 😳. Really terrible.

Offline Crazy81

modify
    « Reply #258 on: 14/09/17, 12:48 »
    Hello All

So we had 20 week scan yesterday.
    Baby laying so we couldn't see the face and despite moving and emptying bladder, wouldn't move!
    So have to go back in 2 weeks to finish it!
    Apparently seeing the face is all part of the checks they do.
    She thinks it's a girl, but says to check when I go back!
    So not sure to take that as gospel just yet  ::)

My main reason for posting, is she said my placenta is completely covering my cervix.
    So would mean C-Section, which isn't a big concern to me tbh.
    But I have been googling this (which is dangerous I know!) and read all sorts of scary things about this!!
    Sonographer didn't seem concerned, just said it may move and I'll have regular scans to check, so 32 & 36 weeks normally.
    Her opinion was that she doubts it would move  :o

Anyone experienced this?

Had a word with midwife this morning and the general consensus is not to be concerned, but just watch out for
    bleeding.
    Carry on as normal kinda thing.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone had this before really xx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #259 on: 14/09/17, 14:46 »
    Crazy I wouldn't worry about it at this stage as there is still the possibility that it moves by the end of the pregnancy. My coloeague was diagnosed with placenta previa at the beginning of third trimester and she ended up having a C Section  but all went well.

The important thing is that you rest as much as possible and avoid any heavy lifting. You have to avoid heavy lifting any during pregnancy but personally I have a 3 year old so can't do otherwise. But try not to worry too much. xxx