* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44700 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #260 on: 14/09/17, 18:37 »
Evan - that's great :)

Bunny - being back at school has been tough these past two weeks. I'm a Year 1 teacher so they're just out of reception and things are really different for them, less outdoor play, less choice etc. Already looking forward to the October half term! How lovely that you heard both heartbeats. The scan on Saturday will be lovely :)

Crazy - one of my best friends had the same thing and had another scan booked in like you say. When she had it she found that the placenta had moved and she ended up not needing the c-section. I find it crazy that it moves!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline VicksterM

modify
    « Reply #261 on: 15/09/17, 10:27 »
    Hi all - I'd like to ask you for your help.

I was on the Mar/Apr thread for this year (my DD is now 6 months' old!) and am now doing some research into what makes the difference to people having fertility treatment as part of a masters project, as I'd like to find ways to improve the fertility experience.

If you'd be happy to help with this, it should take about 10 mins and all questions (apart from the first) are optional, so you can share as much/little as you would like and it's all confidential. To fill in the survey, please follow the link - https://goo.gl/forms/kUDYWbu9Fa6hRcHG3

I'm very happy to share the results with you if you're interested - if you would like that, just add your email address.

I'd like to wish you all the very best of luck with your babies :) Xx

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #262 on: 16/09/17, 13:47 »
    Done that Vickster - always a good thing to have more research in IVF, especially on the emotional support side of things rather than purely medical.

Hope everyone is doing well. I ate a really spicy soup laat night & Trevor went mad. Prodding & dancing all over the place. Looks like spice & not sugar is this bumps stimulus.

And had my flu jab this morning. Got a text from the GP about a drop-in session & nurse did whooping cough while I was there which was great as I'd totally forgotten to get it done...

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #263 on: 17/09/17, 12:14 »
    Filled that in Vickster.

I haven't looked into the vaccinations but maybe the midwife will mention it at the next appointment.

Having a rubbish weekend so far, within the last 12 or so hours I've been in tears three times :( Friday night I felt really sick and had to get out of bed, just stayed in the bathroom for ages scared that it was going to happen. Woke up on Saturday morning and still had a weird feeling in my stomach all day but was managing to eat. Then it got towards the evening and I got really sore shoulders and backache again, couldn't get comfortable at all and couldn't even lay down properly in bed. On top of that my ears have been going weird on and off since Friday night too, they feel blocked like they need to pop and I can feel/hear my heartbeat. Just so many different things in a short space of time, feeling a bit fed up and sorry for myself! I also then felt like my stomach had gone a bit softer so panicked and that set me off again. Oh dear!

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #264 on: 17/09/17, 14:05 »
    Hannahdaisy sorry to hear you are feeling so ill sounds like the bugs that are going around, I didn't keep anything down from friday lunchtime till now - I'm sure its a bug rather than MS coming back full force.  We had booked hightea yesterday too that we couldn't cancel and I could only manage the sandwiches, but now I've puked in some posh toilets!!

I've just got both my jabs too, no side effects besides a sore arm.

Violin at least you know what to eat to check Trevor is ok (love the name btw!).

Currently trying to sell or give all our stuff away so we have less to pack up and move, starting the countdown now which is terrifying.
    20 week scan for us on tuesday too which I can't wait been too long since we've seen the twinnes.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 17/09/17, 17:28 »
    VicksterM done too from my end.

Violin i never thought you could have the flu jab whilst pregnant. I will enquire about it as I am extremely scared about giving birth in january as that is high flu season.

Hannahdaisy sorry you are feeling unwell. I also think you may have a bug. Try to rest as much as possible.

Pheeny good luck for the scan.

AFM i have another visit with the consultant tomorrow - the first after confirmation that my bloodwork has taken a turn for the worst. I haveca lot of questiins on the way forward and hopefully i will get most of my questions answered.  The problem is that ibshould have appts with consultant every 2 weeks but in 2 weeks'time my son is starting school for the first time and my husband is away and there is no way i can fit an appointment during that week as i also start working longer hours during that week. I don't know how i will manage fitting an appt every two weeks with my busy schedule :-[

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #266 on: 17/09/17, 18:17 »
    Thanks Evan good luck for your appointment tomorrow, hope they can make it easier for you - maybe theres a clinic willing to scan you thats easier to get to?
    The NHS pushes for the flu jab for pregnant women which is why I got it done.

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #267 on: 17/09/17, 18:41 »
    Evan you know your work is obliged by law to give you time off for appointments while pregnant? Look after yourself first, stuff work!

Hannah/Evan - I think they usually give whooping cough in T3 so that the immunity passes on to the baby, I might be wrong. Here in France where I live they don't give it during pregnancy so I'm going to get mine done in the uk. Too much of it around these days with all the anti-vaxxers...I nearly died from it twice as a toddler after there was a vaccine scare and mums stopped vaccinating, my Mum really regretted her decision to not vaccinate for Whooping cough!

Evan, very glad you tested negative for foetal anaemia. Why was it a particular worry for you?

I'm flying to London tomorrow but not sure how much I'll get done, I'm so easily worn out at the moment! I have visions of some lovely me-time in an art gallery but I'll probably end up napping instead.

On the buggy chat...we had two for our first, the UppaBaby Vista and the City Mini Jogger. Both are good for tall people (I'm 5'9" and found the Bugaboo to be too low). The UppaBaby is amazing, very versatile but it's quite wide so I struggled in shops in London sometimes. Has a good long blackout hood which is important here in France where we get a lot of sun, and a good one if you have a car, it's quite big on public transport. Has great deep space underneath for putting shopping and baby stuff. Loved the bassinet and you can use it as a travel bed for the baby. Also has a great padded carry case and a guarantee against aeroplane handling damage if you use the case (we fly a lot) and you should see the way the baggage handlers toss buggies into the hold!).

The City Jogger was the one we used most though once George was no longer a tiny baby. He was tall and it outlasted the UppaBaby in length. Also the easiest buggy on the market to fold up which is a godsend when you're traveling or just to get it in the boot (check out the videos online). Has a really long blackout hood as well, a deep underneath bit and very easy to push one-handed. Oh and lies flat so can be used with your newborn! They've just brought out a mini-er one which looks brilliant, I'll definitely be checking it out.

I hope you've had a good weekend ladies! Xx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #268 on: 17/09/17, 19:33 »
    Izzy i have very high level of anti-fya antibodies which is on the increase. This puts my baby at high risk of fetal anaemia which is why I need to have scans every 2 weeks. The reason for high level of antibodies could be due to the fact that I had a blood transfusion after giving birth to my son or it could also be that the baby has got a different blood group than mine so the body creates these antibodies to protect itself from damage.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #269 on: 18/09/17, 08:26 »
    Oh Pheeny, how rubbish that your tea was spoilt. Are you feeling better now? I hope your scan goes well, so exciting for you to see the twins again :) how long until you move?

I also went for afternoon tea yesterday because it was my best friend's baby shower. I really didn't want to get ready and go but also didn't want to miss it. Was nice to go out and managed to actually eat more than I thought but I still spent the whole time with a sore back.

I ended up telling work that I couldn't come in today. Think I need another day to just rest and hopefully clear this sore back etc. I just knew that I wouldn't get a chance to really sit and rest at work because the children are still so young and learning the structure of the day, the rules etc. They're not yet independent enough for me to just set them up with a task, I have to almost constantly walk around the tables and check on what they're doing. Going to rest and sit in the bath etc today I think. Picking up the keys to our new place later this afternoon but that's nothing too stressful (I don't think anyway!).

Good luck for today Evan, let us know how it goes.