* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44708 times)

0 Members

Offline violin7

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #270 on: 18/09/17, 11:25 »
Hannah that sounds awful. Hope you'll be feeling properly better by tomorrow.

Good luck for the scan tomorrow Pheeny! And for the move. My partner was militant about us decluttering before our move and so glad in retrospect!

Yes Evan as others have said they advise flu & whooping cough vaccinations. Flu will keep babies immunised until 2 months old. I'm so glad my surgery (voted worst in the borough) sent a text as I'd have forgotten,  and glad the nurse did whooping cough too as I'd totally forgotten my midwife mentioning it.
Hope your consultant appt goes well. Work will have to work round you to ensure both your health.

I've been having stitch-like pains down my right side since the middle of the night. Anyone else had anything like that?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #271 on: 18/09/17, 15:23 »
    Afternoon all.

Violin - thanks for suggesting bounty, I have the app but haven't seen any offers! Loving the name Trevor  ;D  enjoy your spicy food to get bubs moving  ;D  xx

Crazy - congrats on your baby girl  :)  hope she's not as cheeky next time & shows her face xx

Evan - I hope your appointment goes well & you get answers to your questions. X

Hannashdaisy - sorry to hear works been difficult hun & that your feeling unwell - I hope you get a restful day today. Big hugs xx

Pheeny - rubbish that you couldn't fully enjoy your afternoon tea as you were poorly. Hope your feeling better. When do they suggest pregnant women should have the jabs? Exciting you have your 20 week scan tomorrow  :)  are you finding out the sexes? Enjoy  :)  xx

Izzy - hope you enjoy your time & manage to get some rest  :)  xx

AFM - I finished the prontogest injections at 15 weeks which has given my poor bum chance to recover from being a lumpy numb mess  ::) ! But since then I've had to swap to doing the cyclogest pesseries which I'm not enjoying!!
    We had the 3d scan on Saturday which was lovely, my best friend & niece came with us  :)  - we are having 2 more girls  ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^  over the moon  :)  poor dh is going to be totally out numbered  ;D . Haven't told dd I'm pregnant yet as feel she's too young to properly understand until I have a bump she can see.

Xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #272 on: 18/09/17, 17:29 »
    Thanks girls. Been resting and had a nap etc but still feel very odd. I've text my midwife to ask if she has any idea what's going on or advice so hoping I'll get a reply before tomorrow. All I did was do some washing up about an hour ago and it made me so sore again and I started to feel a bit sick. Don't really want to take any more time off but if I still feel like this I don't really have a choice. My teaching assistant text me and said one boy is off with an ear infection and a few more are off with temperatures. Definitely some stuff going around.

Congratulations Bunny :) two more little girls, how lovely. I was also on Prontogest and it was so exciting to finish them! Cyclogest weren't fun either but I'd rather have those than the injections I think! I stopped the injections at around 12-13 weeks, now 22 weeks and my bum still feels a bit funny in some places.

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #273 on: 18/09/17, 19:16 »
    Hannahdaisy- do you have a triage number for the hospital?? Maybe call them & speak to a midwife xx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #274 on: 18/09/17, 20:55 »
    Hannahdaisy i hope you feel better soon. If you start to feel any worse it would be best to speak to your midwife.

Flipsy how r u hun?

I had my scan and things are ok for now but the appointment was far from reassuring. Basically what my consultant said is that cases like mine are rare here. Unlike in other countries an intrauterine blood transfusion is not done here. Therefore my only option is to give birth if my baby is diagnosed with fetal anaemia and I am only 23 weeks. Therefore I could give birth anytime from now on which is scary. I don't understand - it's like I have this time-bomb witing to explode.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #275 on: 18/09/17, 21:43 »
    Flipsy - yes I do have a triage number, just assumed it was for people going into labour rather than not feeling well. I will bear that in mind and possibly give them a call tomorrow though, either that or just pop down to the walk in centre so at least they can do some checks and I can get a medical opinion. How are you doing?

If I still feel odd in the morning I'm gonna just give in and tell work I can't come in again. My job is too busy and stressful and I felt ill even washing up today so that doesn't bode well!

Evan - it's good to hear that you scan went well. Let's hope that the ones in the future go just as well and you can carry baby to term.

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 18/09/17, 21:54 »
    Thank you for asking ladies.

Just taking things day by day. We have Henry's funeral on Thursday...

Feel majorly let down by both families. No one offered to come & help Joe with the twins & my parents didn't even come knowing I was in intensive care.  I've heard nothing from my brother & sister in law.

My parents sent a card last week & in it they had written, sorry it's late but I had to get my head around it. I was so angry. They had to get their heads around it, how do they think we feel???

Joe's company gave him the 3 weeks as compassionate so at least we won't be eating baked beans for the next month (can't stand baked beans). My work aren't quite so good & it's all been sick - I work in the caring professional but you wouldn't think it the way they treat staff.

Anyway enough about me:

Hannahdaisy - most places have a day assessment unit where you can be assessed.

Evan - have they mentioned steroid injections if there's a chance you could go into premature labour? I hope you don't & manage to get as near as term as possible.

Hope you don't all mind me still following the thread. Feel as though I'm stalking you all sometimes xxx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #277 on: 19/09/17, 05:30 »
    Flipsy i am sorry about lack of support which you had from your family. I think that it has more to do with the fact that they were lost for words and didn't know what to say to u in such a difficult situation and I don't think they did it out of disrespect. But of course it does not make it any less painful. Right now try not to think too much about it since you need to focus on dealing with the whole grieving process. I hope the funeral gives you some sort of closure to enable you to move on. The twins will keep you busy which is good as you won't have much time to think about the situation although of course Henry will always be in your thoughts. Of course we do not mind you following this thread.

With regards to my situation the problem is that my baby is at risk of fetal anaemia due to my high antibodies so if the baby starts to show signs it is safer to have him/her delivered whether it's at 24 weeks or 30 weeks or more. So in my case rather than postpone labor they will try to induce it if the worst comes to the worst.

In the meantime my consultant is still of the opinion that I should have a C Section due to the fact that I had a third degree tear after delivering my son. I am still against the idea but if he keeps insisting I don't know what I am going to do. I have a 3 year old and with another baby on d way it is just not possible for me not to drive for 6 weeks. To make things wirse my dh works very long hours too.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 19/09/17, 08:21 »
    I've taken today off work too, feel like it'd be better to go back when I'm actually feeling better rather than forcing myself through the day and feeling worse at the end of it. I was reading up about maternity triage and it seems more like it's for people worrying about movements or having bleeding etc. I felt baby move so much yesterday and some this morning too so I think he's happy enough, it's just me feeling run down. Think I'll just pop over to the walk in centre later on and see if they can tell me anything.

Oh Flipsy, so sorry to hear that. As Evan said, it's probably that they just don't really know what to say, but from your side you just want to feel supported and rightly so. Have you had any answers as to why you went into labour so early?

Pheeny - I've signed up for Baby Box University but not quite sure what I need to do in order to get the box. Do you need to choose a syllabus and work through it? If so, was your actual hospital on the list? Mine isn't but I'm not sure if it really matters.

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #279 on: 19/09/17, 08:23 »
    Nice to hear from you Flipsy. Don't mind you looking in at all; we're all in it together no matter what path our journey takes.
    Sorry to hear about your families. That must be a massive frustration on top of what you're already suffering. It does sound as though it's more to do with their awkwardness not knowing what to say. But that's upsetting in itself - it's not about them, it's about you. And they need to put aside their own anxiety and just be there for you. Are you in a position where you can let them know how you feel?
    All the best for Thursday. Will be thinking of you.

Evan I've got to have a c-section so understand your apprehension. The op I had to remove my fibroids (the reason I now can't deliver vaginally) went through the same route as a c-sectiom but was more serious and I asked my surgeon about not driving for 6 weeks. He said that was based on old advice when the op was more invasive and advised me to listen to my body. In the end I was driving within about 3 weeks I think.

How you feeling today Hannah?