* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44714 times)

0 Members

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #280 on: 19/09/17, 09:22 »
Hannah sounds like a day at home is needed, hope the walk in centre gives you some answers.  For baby box I can't remember about the hospital, mine is St. George's but as long as it's a London one (if you're London based) don't think it matters.  my mind is such a fuzz these days - blaming baby - I don't think I did the whole program just went into each section?

Flipsy will be thinking of you on Thursday x

Bunny are you on cyclogest for the whole pregnancy now?  What buggies are you looking at - think we're deciding between mountain buggy duet and baby jogger - we have the mini gr baby jogger already and love it because it's so light, and hubby wants a double with babies next to each other and these two brands seem the most compact.  I've already got a giant bump, one friend commented I look like I was full term with dd, so we've already told our daughter, she doesn't really understand (not quite 2 yet), but puts her hand in my belly and says baby and gives it a kiss 😍 It's lovely but I'm not sure she'll be so happy when they arrive!  We're also reading her "there's a house in my mummy".  We aren't fibdivg out the sexes today, we didn't first time and liked the surprise - anyone else holding out?

Evan I think I'll be having c sec too, I had a 3/4 tear which took 6 months to heal, not looking forward to the section but after last time it worries me I'll get further complications - although still waiting for a consultant appointment the midwife thinks we'll be having one.  It's another reason we're moving home so I can get some help afterwards.

Got 4 hours of work then scan 😊

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #281 on: 19/09/17, 09:43 »
    Just still achy and tired. I know that doing things like writing on the board and going around all of the tables after the children would just make my arms and shoulders feel worse. Still getting the heartbeat in my ears too. Going to have some breakfast and then get ready to go down there. Not quite sure what they'll say, probably that it's just normal pregnancy stuff!

Thanks Pheeny, I'm on the borders of London, Berkshire and Surrey at the moment. It just put me off because I clicked on two different ones (Royal Berkshire and Chelsea) and they both said that you get the certificate and have to print it and then take it into the hospital. Doesn't sound like you did that though?!

Good luck for the scan :) I know it must be so exciting not to find out the gender but we were just so curious, couldn't help ourselves!

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #282 on: 19/09/17, 10:19 »
    Enjoy the scan Pheeny. I'm holding out to find out the sex but my partner knows. She's  more curious than me (and has a good poker face, luckily)

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #283 on: 19/09/17, 13:22 »
    Evan - it must be such a worry for you! At least they are keeping a close eye, here's to a long and successful pregnancy!

Hannah - have you thought about seeing a chiropractor or osteopath for your back? I started seeing my chiro when I was pregnant last time and woke up in so much pain I couldn't get out of bed. She was amazing and I can't live without her now! Any misalignment of your spine is exaggerated with the extra weight of the baby, combine that with all the relaxin flying around relaxing your joints and muscles, and throw in some pubic synthesis pain and pregnancy can end up being pretty painful. If you can get your back looked at it might help with your energy levels? Although in your job it sounds like you need an endless supply of energy!

Also have you thought about your iron levels? Pregnant women need 27mg/day versus 18mg when not pregnant, and not everyone manages to absorb iron from prenatal supplements. You could try upping your intake of leafy greens, beans, lentils and of course red meat? I did this last week and it has helped a little with my energy levels though to be honest it might have been all the naps! Xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #284 on: 19/09/17, 14:00 »
    Izzy - thanks, if it continues I think I'll need to look into something. Sometimes it gives me headaches too.

Walk in centre checked BP and heart rate, said heart rate was high at 122 so did an ECG. Said it was fast but a normal rhythm, explain why I keep hearing it in my ears etc. She rang my GP surgery and they said they'd get a doctor to call. While waiting for that the nurse from the walk in rang back and said she's been thinking and wants me to go to A&E and not drive myself :( then the GP called not long after and agreed with her. So yeah, off to A&E I go. Just trying to have a quick snack before I leave in case I'm there for ages. Just hope everything's ok, especially with baby.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #285 on: 19/09/17, 15:03 »
    Pheeny good luck for scan.

Hannahdaisy will keep you in my prayers. I hope everything turns out ok in the end. Keep us posted. xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #286 on: 19/09/17, 15:14 »
    Thank you Evan, just waiting now. Horrible feeling to feel you heart thumping away, wondering if it's gotten worse since they did the ECG because I'm now worried about it 😞 Want them to check on baby and make sure that he's ok too.

modify
    « Reply #287 on: 19/09/17, 15:25 »
    Hannah I've had my heart thumping in my ears/head for weeks now, I think it started around 12 weeks.   I've looked it up and I think it's called pulsitile tinnitus. I mentioned mine to my midwife at 16 weeks and she didn't really have much to say other than that it should calm down.  It hasn't so far so thinking I might follow up with the doctor.

When she took my blood pressure it was quite low so not sure what the explanation is.   I've also noticed I get a lot of palpitations too.

Had my 20 week scan yesterday and everything looks healthy with the baby so that's the main thing!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #288 on: 19/09/17, 15:43 »
    That's great news about the scan 😊 Lovely to see baby in so much detail.

Yeah, maybe worth asking about. I could feel mine pulsing in my chest and just didnt feel well generally too. Heart rate went from 122 at the walk in to 154 at the hospital. Been bought through for more monitoring. They said it could be to do with the thyroid because I'm on Levothyroxine.

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #289 on: 19/09/17, 19:31 »
    Hope you're alright Hannahdaisy xxx