* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44705 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #290 on: 19/09/17, 19:59 »
Thanks Flipsy. I'm still at the hospital at the moment. Had lots of blood tests, urine test, a few ECGs, my pulse checked on my finger quite a few times, few blood pressure checks, been checked with a stethoscope twice, also had to have a chest x ray. They've said if it's the thyroid then I can go home but I don't know yet. Really hoping I don't have to stay.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #291 on: 19/09/17, 21:05 »
    Oh no Hannahdaisy. I hope you get to go home soon.

Why do they think its thyroid related???

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #292 on: 20/09/17, 08:18 »
    How are you this morning Hannahdaisy??

Sending you big hugs & hope you made it home last night xxx

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 20/09/17, 08:36 »
    how are you Hannah, hope it all went ok and you didn't have to stay in x

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #294 on: 20/09/17, 08:48 »
    Beautiful stranger, happy to hear your scan went well x

Had our 20 week scan yesterday too and two happy babies all measuring good and three days ahead - with big bellies  ;D  Given the OK to fly but  I have a low lying placenta which they need to keep checking, they checked my cervix and on the scan could see a tiny foot kicking around right by it which was really weird!  But pretty much discharged from NHS care (they even took my maternity notes which I was gutted about) so trying to get organised so I can get an appointment in New Zealand as soon as we get back.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #295 on: 20/09/17, 11:32 »
    Morning girls. I finally left the hospital at gone midnight so we were both very sleepy! Spent about 9hrs there in the end. I could've left a bit earlier but they said we could go to the maternity assessment if we wanted for them to check baby so we decided to do that while we were there. Baby's heartbeat was about 156 and mine was 154 at one point, they should definitely not be that similar!! But anyway, after all of those tests it's still quite inconclusive, just so glad that baby seemed happy. I've managed to get a last minute midwife appointment because I'd like to show her what happened yesterday and maybe get them to keep a closer eye on my thyroid. They said one of the levels was a bit too high and straight away when I got there they said that if thyroid levels were off then it can cause your heart to race. It happened again straight away when my partner's alarm went off this morning, could feel it in my chest and my ears and it's still going in my ears now :( horrible feeling.

Wow Pheeny, I knew you were moving but didn't realise that you were going so far. That's very exciting, my partner's ex was from there so she's been there a lot and was going to move there too. She loves it, it's a beautiful place isn't it. Have you been there already?

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #296 on: 20/09/17, 12:31 »
    Been refreshing my phone all morning Hannahdaisy!!

My GP WAS checking my thyroid levels monthly.

Hope you get somewhere with midwife xx

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #297 on: 20/09/17, 13:12 »
    Hannah you must be exhausted today, hope they can get to the bottom of it for you, cam imagine it must be scary.
    My husband and I are both from NZ, so we're planning to go back at some stage but I think with two babies on the way we might need some help, found it quite hard being so far away from our families when our daughter was born. So got 36 hours of flying ahead of us, but taking lots if stops so not so hard on us - been in London 10 years  it's going to be very strange when we finally get on the plane!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #298 on: 20/09/17, 13:14 »
    Ah sorry! My battery died last night and then I was in bed until 11 because I was so tired. There was a different midwife there again so I've only seen my actual midwife for my booking appointment! She was straight onto the phone and booked me a consultant appointment and then she's booked me in at the day assessment unit too for today at 3pm because I went to a different hospital yesterday and she wants my actual hospital to see me. She said my heart rate was 100 when I just saw her and she listened to baby's and said that was fine.

I am just soooooo tired and getting a headache, my eyes are really sore. Was looking forward to having a nap when I got home but now I'm rushing about and having some lunch before I get ready to leave again!

Oh Pheeny I didn't realise! Yes it'll be great to have your families both there to help with the twins and your daughter and I'm sure they'll love it too.

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #299 on: 20/09/17, 14:25 »
    Hi all.

Flipsy - sorry to read your family have not been giving you the support you need at this difficult time - I hope you've had help from friends etc instead. Will be thinking of you tomorrow  ^hugme^ xXx

Hannahdaisy - what a stressful time your having, sending you  ^hugme^ . Really hope your feeling better soon. Let us know how you get on this afternoon. XxX

Pheeny - lovely to hear about your 20 week scan  :) . Can't wait for mine in a few weeks! Are you having regular cervix checks? My hospital aren't keen to do them even though my clinic recommended it for me  ::) >:( . I've got to take the cyclogest up until 28 weeks! How sweet of your dd kissing & touching your tummy  :) . My friends baby is due this week so have been explaining to dd as a bit of preparation - she says "Bibby tummy, Bibby come out soon, I cuddle bibby "  ^Heart^  Bibby is what she calls babies! Because it will be her beset friends little sister she keeps going on about it being her sister - so I hope she'll be pleased when she becomes a big sister - I think it will be hard for her but I think she'll be great  :) . We are looking at the icandy orange blossom twin & the uppa baby vista as we need a tandem to fit through our front door!

Hello to everyone.
    X