* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44713 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #300 on: 20/09/17, 15:54 »
Hi everyone been busy catching up after being away on hols - I'm now 22+4 and had my 20 wk scan on Monday, my little man weighs 1 pound 1 ounce and all looking good - the blood levels to and from umbilical cord are low which is an indication of possible future pre eclampsia and I'm now on a 2 weekly check coz of it - started insulin due to GD and struggling to keep levels right but I remember from last 2 pregnancies is can be tricky so I'm not worried and baby is dead on for dates so that is excellent as he could have quite easily been a little dumbo already haha - had a 4d scan yesterday which was a birthday pressie for me and he looked just perfect amazing photos and got a lovely DVD of the scan which I've already watched twice.
Hope everyone is keeping well x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #301 on: 20/09/17, 15:58 »
    Hannahdaisy glad you were sent home. Try and rest as much as possible.

Pheeny good luck with your move

Betty glad your scan went well.

Offline aliced

modify
    « Reply #302 on: 20/09/17, 21:09 »
    Sorry I read and don't often post but mean to.
    Flipsy how are you doing? Families can be difficult at times.
    Hannahdaisy I have a thyroid problem but have not experienced what you've described I hope you get sorted, thinking of you.
    Pheeny good luck with the move, NZ one of my most favourite places I've visited such a beautiful country.
    I hope everyone else is well. I've just bought the uppababy vista tandem as it would fit through the door and hopefully will find it easy to navigate. I managed to get a good quality used one on eBay as they are so expensive brand new.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #303 on: 21/09/17, 08:10 »
    Betty - hope your future checks go well, it's good that they'll keep monitoring you.

Stayed at the hospital yesterday for 2-3hrs which was tiring, but much better than the 9hrs the day before! The nurse told me to take the next two days off of work because I still didn't get any rest yesterday and my heart rate was still high. It had gone down from the day before, but still high. They checked baby's at the midwife and at the hospital and they were happy with his heart rate so that was good. They've asked me to go back tomorrow to have another check and see if my heart rate has continued to drop back down. I told the doctor that I was a teacher and she said it's possible that I caught a virus.

Speaking of prams, we booked ourselves onto the Mothercare expectant parent event last night because our favourite pram right now is the Silver Cross Brompton which is exclusive to them. We're going a few days before the main baby show in London so that we can test out the Brompton and then if there's anything about it we don't like then we can choose something else there. Hoping for some good discounts!

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #304 on: 21/09/17, 09:35 »
    Hannah Iit's good that they are monitoring you everyday. Hopefully your heart rate will continue to drop. Isn't tgere any type of medication they can give you?

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #305 on: 21/09/17, 09:58 »
    I don't really know, think they were just more interested in why it was happening and they can't seem to find an answer! I suppose it did seem to be dropping yesterday and baby was happy so I guess they just want to see what happens first. We'll see!

Offline bunny73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #306 on: 22/09/17, 23:11 »
    Hi all.

Betty - your 4d scan sounds lovely  :)  how are you feeling with gd? Does it make you feel poorly? X

Alice - fab that you got your buggy on eBay, we are looking! X

Hannahdaisy - how are things with you? Did your check today go well? X

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #307 on: 23/09/17, 14:39 »
    Bunny - had a few checks again like blood pressure, temp etc and apparently my blood pressure is now low! Every other time it's been fine so that was a surprise. The doctor that went over the notes said not to worry though and she said it's probably just because I'm small. Didn't know that was a really a thing but I'm going to trust her! Feeling a bit better generally I think, a bit tired but not too bad.

Got the keys to our new place today so that's nice, going to slowly start moving stuff over across the next couple of weeks. Just spent some money on baby clothes in the Next sale online too, couldn't resist! So many lovely things on there that I probably wouldn't buy full price. Tried to be sensible when possible too and buy bigger sizes because we've been given quite a bit of smaller stuff already.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #308 on: 24/09/17, 07:53 »
    Hannahdaisy glad your blood pressure is on the low side now. High BP during pregnancy is dangerous. Congrats on getting the keys to the new place. I hope you settle down soon and hopefully the move is not too much for you.

I think I have just started fo experience the bad side of pregnancy. Woke up with bad lower back pain and I can hardly get up from the chair or from the car. Yesterday evening I had one cup of decaf cappuccino and the baby went absolutely hyper. The kicks were so painful. I have greatly reduced the amount of caffeine intake which is probably why it had such an effect.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend. Looks like we went from one extreme to the other with regards to the weather from being extremely hot and sunny only to wake up to thunderstorms this morning.

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #309 on: 24/09/17, 11:06 »
    Hi all, I'm back from holidays and been back to work for a week actually. It just took me an hour to catch up with the thread! Really appreciating the long weekend up here.

Hannah, glad to hear your difficulties are better monitored now, I hope you'll feel better soon.

Flipsy, glad to see you around, although it sucks that your families haven't been more supportive. I hope the funeral was a chance to get some kind of closure, even though I'd expect the grieving process to take its time.

Re pain, I have been feeling an old muscle injury in my buttock since 7 weeks or so, with the relaxin ever increasing it can cause so many aches and pains in all parts of the body, so I can sympathise with all of you experiencing them.

We had our 20 week scan on Thursday and everything looked fine. However, the same thing happened as with you, crazy. Baby was lying in an awkward position, so she couldn't see the face at all and couldn't get a close enough look at the heart, so we'll be back there in 2 weeks. I'm not complaining, it's another chance for us to see him. Yes it's a boy! That was for sure very obvious! I'm ashamed to admit that my first emotion was disappointment. I hadn't realised that I'd had my heart set on a girl so much. And after all we've been through I know I should be grateful for either. But I'm still going through a grieving process for the girl that could have been, while feeling guilty about it for the little boy in my tummy. I know I'll get past this in time, but feeling quite upset at the moment.

However I am happy to report that I started feeling movements while we were in Greece, some definite strong kicks! And I'm pretty sure the bubbly sensations before were little kicks as well.
    I'm a bit annoyed with the whole t2 energy burst myth, definitely not for me! I'm finally past the ms, but it seems that every time he moves, I feel a strong drain of energy from my body. It's like a wave crashing over me. The midwife said to make sure I eat enough, I just laughed out loudly! I eat so much and I have so much acid reflux for it, it's ridiculous! Anyway just trying to pace myself, which luckily my job allows me to do.

I'm surprised so many of you have been looking into buying all the baby equipment already, I've only just stared thinking about maternity clothing! I'm feeling a bit unprepared,  but I'm reluctant to make any equipment purchases just now as we're prob going to have to move again and I don't want to move any extra boxes. And by the time we've moved it'll be December, which is arguably the worst time for shopping, so I think we'll wait for the January sales. I hope we're not cutting it too fine!