* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44701 times)

0 Members

Offline lilacfairy

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #330 on: 11/10/17, 22:32 »
Izzy and Evan, that's great news about your tests/scans!. I hope all continues to go well. We had the second part of our anomaly scan and everything looks fine as well. My heart almost stopped when she spent a long time looking at the heart, but apparently that's normal and she said it looks just fine.

Pheeny, I hope you have/had a good journey!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #331 on: 12/10/17, 06:26 »
    Fab news that the babies are all progressing on their scans and lilac fairy  I know what you mean every time my scanner slowed down on an area I started to worry, but she was really good saying each part was perfect as she looked at them, just another stressful part of pregnancy!

Thanks ladies we are on our way! Taking just short of two weeks to get home which is what midwives recommended, currently enjoying the Dubai heat - even in a bikini with a giant belly ☺️  Flight was fine had to wear stockings and take aspirin, but felt like a bit of a junkie giving my injections in the bathroom!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #332 on: 15/10/17, 16:20 »
    Hi ladies,

Lovely to hear all this good news about scans and tests :)

I've been very quiet on here as we moved last weekend and didn't have any internet. Was using my phone but it's quite a pain to type long messages out on this site so thought I'd just wait.

Pheeny - enjoy the rest of your holiday, sounds lovely!

Went to the Mothercare Expectant Parent event today and we ordered the pram we liked with 10% off so that made it a bit less painful! Going to the big Olympia event next weekend too to hopefully pick up some more deals. We went to a smaller one last weekend and just bought one thing, a Morrck car seat blanket, had heard really good things about them.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #333 on: 22/10/17, 19:37 »
    Hi girls I was away from all the boards for a week and I thought I had a lot to catch up but seems like this site has gone quiet.  I have gone through the most stressful time during the past week. We had two major water leaks in our flat causing serious damages to the flat itself, the common area of the block of flats where we live  and also one of the garages underneath our flat as well as a hairdressing salon. I have been worriedsick and due to the leak i was finding myself washing the floor at 11pm most days including yesterday because our plumber started part 1 of the repairs and worked till late.

It seems that all the stress took its toll as I woke up aching all over a feeling really sick. I checked out my blood pressure and found it to be on the high side. I have my blood test result comingup on thurs and my next prenatal appt scheduled for the following Monday and hopefully my blood pressure stabilizes as I could end up in hospital.

I hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Offline Galapagos

modify
    « Reply #334 on: 22/10/17, 19:47 »
    HI Evan80

I think we logged onto the board at exactly the same time today! Just wanted to send you a quick message (esp as the board is quite quiet) to say hope things improve and try not to let the stress get to you. From experience I know its really hard!! We have just done the biggest ever trade show for our company (I'm self employed so no chance to stop working before or after the birth sadly as we can't afford it) but your little one and you are FAR more important than anything else, and if she is safe and healthy then thats the only thing that matters until January. Just close your eyes to it and try to relax, and vent on here if you can instead!!

big hugs to you and stay away from that mop!

xxx

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #335 on: 23/10/17, 09:01 »
    Evan that sounds very stressful, I agree with Galapagos make sure you look after yourself.

We've arrived back in New Zealand, legs crossed still intact 😉  Was hard on my back and legs flying, but just happy to be here with no problems, met up with my midwife today and scan this week to make sure everything is going ok. 

What's everyone using on their bumps to prevent stretch marks?

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #336 on: 23/10/17, 09:33 »
    Evan - look after yourself and try to relax.

Galapagos - sounds like you need a good rest now too after the big show!

Pheeny - must be nice to be back and it's good that you have a scan booked in to put your mind at ease. I'm currently using a mix between Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream and their tummy butter. I have noticed a few little marks at the bottom of my boobs and hoping that that's where they'll stop! If I start to notice more I think I'll buy some bio oil to try and reduce the colour.

Offline lilacfairy

modify
    « Reply #337 on: 23/10/17, 17:35 »
    Oh Evan, what a nightmare! I hope this is taken care of soon. In the meantime, I agree with the others, try to rest if you can. But if you're anything like me I know it's hard not to clean, when things are like this.

Pheeny, I'm using 2 products. In the morning I use Belly Bands stretch mark and scar cream and in the evening I use a very greasy home-made cream from my sister (she's a pharmacist). I know a lot of women swear on bio-oil, but I read a book by a dermatologist, who said that pure oil does more damage than good because it washes out the natural oils of your skin, drying it out in the long-term. Not sure how true that is, but that's why I only use creams and not balms or pure oils. No stretch marks so far! I'm not very big yet anyway, but really starting to feel the stretch now.

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #338 on: 25/10/17, 04:50 »
    Thanks Hannah and Lilacfairy, spent the afternoon looking at greasy creams, I don't have any marks yet and didn't with my first but I'm already massive so think theyre probably heading my way 😁
    Had my 25 week scan today and will now be checked every two weeks, babies are big one 1kg other 950g!!!! No wonder I'm big and uncomfortable, scarying me how large they'll get!  Finally told our parents in the weekend we gave two bubs on the way, there were lots of tears.

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #339 on: 25/10/17, 08:17 »
    Hi everyone. Hope you're good.

Glad you got back OK Pheeny. Now you can relax, at least as much as possible while pregnant. So nice you could share your twins news with the family ❤
    I've been using different oils - mainly Bio Oil. I noticed some weird marks on the underside of my boobs which I think are stretch marks. I'm probably going to get them bad regardless of what i use.

Hope you're happy in your new place Hannah.

Galapagos hope you're not working too hard. It's tough while being self-employed - I've had to find alternate work as couldn't continue with my own business. Too tough!

Evan how are you doing now? That sounded incredibly stressful. Last thing you need.

Hope everyone else is good.

Afm I've been really enjoying pregnant life for the last couple of weeks. Just got back from a break in Malta where my parents live, Trevor is 28 weeks today and kicking away and apart from reflux and the odd painful twinge, I feel good. I've learnt to take Gaviscon pre-emptively 4xdaily when I can feel it coming on, rather than trying to treat it once it's here, and it's ok.
    Had our first antenatal class on Monday which was great - a nice crowd.

Just finishing the decorating now, while i still can. And got the parents here to help which is nice.

Have a good week x