* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44709 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #340 on: 25/10/17, 10:15 »
Pheeny - so lovely to be able to share the news with your family :)

Violin - I have marks on the same place at the moment, right under my boobs and only saw them from getting changed in front of the mirror otherwise I'd have had no idea. They're not too bad and don't seem to have become any worse so I hope that it continues like that! New place is good thank you, nice and big, just still full of boxes! We are slowly but surely getting through everything. Antenatal class sounds good, we've got one booked for when I'm about 34 weeks I think. Booked into a feeding one too around that time but it's on a work day, think I've read that you're allowed time off for them if recommended by your midwife. Will have to ask about that or just cancel it.

Off out for an afternoon tea date this afternoon so I'm excited for that, looks like we've got some nice weather for it too.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #341 on: 25/10/17, 15:55 »
    Yes - turns out the underside of my boobs is now unchartered territory. Impossible to see without external help!

Glad you're settling into the new place. Hope your afternoon tea was nice - what a lovely thing to do on a day like this

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #342 on: 25/10/17, 21:25 »
    Pheeny i am using Mustela stretch mark prevention cream and Mustela bust firming cream. In my first pregnancy I used bio oil and did not have a single stretchmark. Glad your scan went well. I am also worried about my baby's weight. At 27 weeks baby weighed about 1kg.

Violin i hope you had a great stay in Malta. Weather was not too bad at least.

AFM more bad news for me. I got an urgent call from my consultant to let me know my blood test results. He asked me to schedule my maternity appointments every two weeks since my antibodies level has gone up 8 times higher in 3 months which is scary.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #343 on: 26/10/17, 07:47 »
    Thanks Violin, definitely chose a good day to go out. There was a wedding happening at the venue and we were saying how lucky they were too, lovely weather for an October wedding.

Evan - this must be very worrying for you but try and see a positive that they want to keep a close eye on you and make sure that you and baby are ok. I hope your future appointments go well.

I'm off for a midwife appointment this morning and also have my flu and whooping cough vaccines just before. Not worried about the actual injections, just hoping that I don't feel terrible afterwards! Have any of you girls had these?

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #344 on: 26/10/17, 10:15 »
    Evan that sucks. At least you're being monitored and the further along we get, the safer your little one will be. Thinking of you.

Hannah I've had both and no ill-effects  :)

modify
    « Reply #345 on: 26/10/17, 15:54 »
    HD I had my jabs a week ago.  I've been absolutely fine, no side affects apart from a dead arm for a day or so.

I went to the Mothercare Expectant Parent evening last night.  Boy was that boring!!! So glad I didn't force the other half to come!    All the stuff they spoke about I already know.  I suppose if you are young and not as clued up it would help but still!!!

I also had a browse round the prams whilst I was there.  I've been window shopping since before I got my BFP so to actually see them and touch them was quite special.

All along I've been toying between Bugaboo, iCandy Peach and Egg.   Then I looked at the Silver Cross Pioneer Brompton that you HD ordered. Game changer!!!   It looks really classy.    For some reason I had the image that Silver Cross were a bit cheap/crap!   I guess I'll have to rethink that.

HD, I don't know how easy it is for you to get to Brent Cross but the Toys'r'us has a hood and apron pack for the Pioneer in yellow in the clearance for 9.96.  I was hoping there would be stock somewhere closer to me but no such luck.      Brent Cross is a bit far for me  >:(

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #346 on: 26/10/17, 17:02 »
    That's good to hear you two! My arm is a little bit sensitive now and hoping that's all that'll come of it.

Stranger - classy was exactly the word that my best friend used when I sent her a photo of it. I've just been at my mum's this afternoon and we were getting it out of the box and having a quick check of it. Excited to actually put it together and use it now :) one of my other friends has got the Egg and seems happy with it too. I have to say, the iCandys have definitely caught our eyes a few times too, the metal chassis bits are just so shiny and we really like them with the black seats and hoods. Pram shopping was pretty easy for us because the Brompton was one that we immediately both liked and agreed on and so we just stuck with it.

Haha, we didn't listen to any of the talks or anything at the Mothercare event, just wanted the discount to buy the pram really! Next job is deciding what to do about a car seat. The lady in Mothercare put us off of the matching Silver Cross one by saying it hasn't been tested as thoroughly as Maxi Cosi, Cybex etc, but I'm still reading good things about them online. The adapters also came with the pram which is handy.

Yeah, bit far for me too. BabiesRUs are doing some brilliant deals though at the moment, think I read they're going bankrupt or something. We bought the Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine and the complete feeding kit from them at the baby show and they were the cheapest by far.

Online Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #347 on: 26/10/17, 17:19 »
    HD - we have the cytex sirona car seat if your not going to use with the pram. They are fixed & my 2 are still in them now & remain rear facing. Both are tall for 3 years old. They also swivel. Would highly recommend. They were expensive but when we priced buying different ones at different times. Also I think they've coming down in price.

We had our follow up yesterday. I had no infection & nor did Henry. They couldn't test the placenta for chromosomal disorders so we are none the wiser.  I wasn't entirely happy with the explanation as to why I ended up in intensive care & nearly dying. I feel that they aren't telling us everything. She said 2 people a year end up in intensive care & if I got pregnant again 1 in 8 chance of same thing happening 😢

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #348 on: 27/10/17, 07:19 »
    Flipsy I am sorry that's not very comforting. When something like this happens you need answers but it always seems like no one can give you these answers.

Offline violin7

modify
    « Reply #349 on: 27/10/17, 13:57 »
    Sorry to hear that Flipsy. How upsetting to not be given answers and unsettling for the future. How can they work out those odds if they don't know what was wrong?