* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 44712 times)

0 Members

Offline pheeny

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #370 on: 8/11/17, 20:28 »
Hi Crazy I'm 27 weeks, I think they are sorting it due to the holidays around when we should be due.  It's because it's low, but also I lost a lot of blood last time after a really bad tear and they want to avoid that again. 

Betty haven't asked about sex and they haven't mentioned an internal scan, my 28 will be next week so I might bring it up.  There's so much conflicting info I was told c sec because I bled so much!

Have so much to do, most of our stuff is in a container making its way from England, so just hoping babies hold out for awhile!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #371 on: 9/11/17, 12:00 »
    Hello everyone,

Crazy - My OB prescribed me iron and to my surprise it has helped a lot with my energy levels. I thought the iron in in the prenatal vits would be enough! She also prescribed magnesium which I take at night to help with sleep, and that works too.

Betty - the thrush treatment I use is Mama Nature's Mummies with Tummies Natural Candida Treatment. It's with natural oils and works a treat. You can use it every day as a preventative treatment as well.

We're suddenly considering gong to London to have the baby instead of having her in SW France where I live. My UK OB is so good! And I have health insurance so can go private in the UK. Have to decide today though, we've spent all of this past week trying to get our ducks in a row to be able to do it. It would involve flying on Boxing Day which is the final day I can fly, at 36w+6d, but I'd rather that than sit in a car for 12 hours!

Xxx

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #372 on: 9/11/17, 15:04 »
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted in forever, but I do read and catch up! A second pregnancy is so much harder than the first! I barely have time to actually think about this baby, the first one taking all my energy (that and my work of course, I can't wait until I'm on leave!).

Izzy, good luck with your decision! It's not easy to make, how long have you been in SW France? I'm the opposite, french but I live in UK, and I wouldn't deliver my baby elsewhere because I wan't to be able to come home after giving birth. I've only experienced giving birth here in Scotland, but from the talks with my sisters in law here are a few differences:
    * In UK you stay a lot less in hospital (6hrs for normal delivery 2 days for c-section), in France they'll keep you around a week after c-section. I was also told they keep you until your milk starts coming, but that might be old policy (my mum ;) ). But in UK you get a health visitor checking up on you at home, which you don't get in France.
    * Apparently France has a lot less natural way of delivering baby, you have to be lying down legs appart... and epidural is quite routine, whereas here midwife tell you to go in the position you feel more confortable... and you are told that you can deliver with painrelief

That being said, I wanted a waterbirth and ended up having a c-section with #1 so did not really experience any natural labour.

Good luck with your choice!

Here, we are all set for a holiday/sister wedding in Singapore, I'm dreading the super long flight while 26 weeks pregnant and with a 20 months old toddler! But I can't miss my sister's wedding!

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #373 on: 9/11/17, 16:34 »
    Hi girls it's been a while since i posted. I have been terribly busy but I have read most of the posts.

I had a scan last week and was told that the probability is that once baby is born he/she will have to be taken up to Intensive Care for an exchange transfusion. I have another scan next week and another blood test to check the level of my antibodies which is currently quite high. But I don't want to worry about it. I will deal with it if it happens. After all I learnt about the problem at 12 weeks and I am 31 weeks tomorrow and baby is doing well for now.

In the meantime the third trimester is taking its toll: my back hurts like crazy, I feel really tired and have also had episodes of thrush lately. The fact that i have a 3 year old who refuses to walk everywhere we go does not help either.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well.  xxx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #374 on: 12/11/17, 09:10 »
    Crazy - I'm pretty sure that we've felt hiccups too. They're nowhere near as strong as the other movements but just a regular kind of jump/pop every few seconds. Funny to think about what they've doing in there.

Best of luck with placenta news, girls.

Wow Billie, I flew to New York at around 14/15 weeks and I found that difficult enough. I invested in a good neck support pillow and also a foot hammock that attached to the tray of the seat in front. Make sure that you can get comfy, maybe pay a little extra for the extra leg room seats.

30 weeks now and starting to feel tired most of the time! The nursery furniture got delivered yesterday so I'm hoping we can start to put that up soon. I think the wardrobe is my priority so that we can start washing the clothes and hanging them up. That will tidy up baby's room a bit. Putting up the chest of drawers would definitely be handy too so that all of the other little bits and pieces can be put away too. I think I want to get the cot put up soon but I know baby won't be sleeping in there for quite a while anyway. Will just feel nice to have it all set up.

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #375 on: 12/11/17, 12:01 »
    Hannahdaisy we plan to put the baby in the cot straightaway this time. With my first born we placed him in the small cot and just as he was about to adjust he grew out of it and we placed him in a slightly bigger one and when it was time to move him to the big cot he wouldn't have it and he would only sleep in our bed. He is now 3 and he still sleeps with us. So this time I will be placing the baby in the big cot straightaway.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #376 on: 12/11/17, 17:12 »
    Ah ok, well we will see how things go. I'd like it made before baby arrives anyway. We've already got a Snuzpod and built that so we plan on using that next to our bed at the beginning.

Have had a nap both days this weekend, starting to feel a bit like I did in early pregnancy!

Got my 31 week appointment this week and the midwife said that this one needs to be with the GP, has anybody else had this? Just assumed all my appointments would be with the midwife. Seeing the GP this time, then the midwife for the next one, then the GP again after that.

Offline Galapagos

modify
    « Reply #377 on: 13/11/17, 10:33 »
    Hi all,

Lovely to read all your posts, can't believe we are all in the final stretches of these pregnancies!

Crazy & Izzy, have just been prescribed iron tablets too, have you found they helped? I've only taken 4 so far (our pharmacy is rubbish and have run out so need to go back when they are in stock) and didn't notice a huge difference but hoping they will help.

Betty & Crazy, in the same boat as have low lying placenta too - apparently this happens with IVF babies as they try to put the embryo as far in as possible but it can sometimes fall back down :( Seeing the consultant next Thursday 22nd to see if its moved otherwise its a C-section for me too.

All well with the baby, home life a little less good, thoroughly fed up with my OH to the point of thinking it would be easier to do this on my own....he's a consultant and currently not got any work on (hasn't had since the week we found out IVF had worked) and seems like he's not even trying anymore despite seeing how tired I am, which means I'm going to have to work from home pretty much immediately (I'm self employed too and can work from home with a sympathetic company I'm currently on contract with).  I know its hard when he can't find work, but other friends of ours in the same sector seem to be able to do it, and it feels like he's leaving the responsibility for the mortgage, bills etc entirely to me when I could actually do with a break! Trying not to let it get me down and daren't tell our family/circle as it feels disloyal but seriously contemplating our future together at the moment  :-[

Hope you are all keeping well and the bubbas are warm and cosy in this cold weather

xxx

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #378 on: 13/11/17, 22:06 »
    Hello,

Billie, thanks for your words! I live 30 mins south of Bergerac, 1 hour from Bordeaux. We've been here 10 years now so we're fairly established. The French health service is great, but they have some old fashioned views and you are supposed to do as you're told (like with the birthing flat on your back, epidural and episiotomy, with no other options offered, like you said!). Personally I prefer to be more in control...I returned to the UK to birth my first baby and my OB was amazing so I'd like to go back to her. I'm very lucky to have private medical insurance that covers birth, so I can go privately in the UK. No booting you out of hospital until you're ready! The main reason for being in the U.K. though is support from old friends and close family, invaluable.

Galapagos - I'm sorry you're home life is so poop right now, just when you need lots of support. Have you talked to your dp to find out how much he'll support you once the baby's born? If my DH hasn't helped me with our DS I don't know what I would have done! It sounds like he might be depressed, has he considered counselling at all? Sending you hugs.

The iron really helps me, yes...though when I've taken it in the past I haven't noticed a difference so who knows! Maybe I'm on better pills? Another thing I find really helps is magnesium in the evenings, helps with sleep and twitchy legs. You need to take masses of it though!

I'm suffering from lower back pain too, very central...i think it's my pelvic bones loosening and separating. For now I'm carrying on and trying to ignore it...though I have a day of gardening ahead tomorrow so I'll see how I am after that 😬

Much baby love to everyone ❤️❤️❤️ xxx

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #379 on: 14/11/17, 08:28 »
    Hi girls

I have had abother scan yesterday and baby is doing well but the C-Section issue was brought up again due to the baby's weight. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and baby weighs around 4lb 8oz. I am worried myself since baby's weight seems to be increasing by the minute inspite of the fact that i am being careful what to eat.

I have had a 3rd degree tear during the birth of my first child and this is what the consultant wants to avoid. Sometimes i feel that he is being overcautious. A part of me says that I should follow my instincts and go for normal delivery but on the other hand I am afraid of having another 3rd degree tear and end up with long-term problems. On the other hand I feel that maybe I should follow his advice but then I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks which is impossible.

What would you do if you were in my position?