* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 45563 times)

0 Members

Offline IzzyQ

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #40 on: 10/07/17, 09:22 »
Pawsandfluff - that's amazing news, congratulations! It must be a relief to not have to go through IVF this time. Welcome to the thread!

Kiwi - Welcome to the group!

I'm um-ing and ah-ing today over whether to find out the sex of the baby...I did the Harmony test so the Harmony folks know what it is, but I requested not to know for now. It's been such a stressful pregnancy so far, I feel like I'm only just pregnant now I'm 12 weeks, I haven't allowed myself to believe it before in case it didn't work out so it felt odd to know the sex straight away! What are you doing mamas-to-be? Are any of you choosing not to find out?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 10/07/17, 10:02 »
    Izzy,
    we are not finding out, we kept it a surprise for DD1 and it was amazing, I guess all births are and I can't compare but my hospital had prepared two little hats one blue one pink and I loved not knowing which one they would use! DH got to see it before I did (I ended up with emergency c-section) so I learnt it from him and still remember it fondly!
    Although whatever you decide I'm sure it will still be magical!

Offline princessb26

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 10/07/17, 12:49 »
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is well!

After having a 7 week scan at fertility clinic and finding out it was twins, I was really anxious to check again to make sure both babies still on board. Paid for a Babybond scan at Mothercare, and wow it was great to see them both again, and actually looked like babies this time.  :)

We have decided to not find out the sex of our twins, we must be mad!  But feel, if its likely I'll know the date of delivery if having a C section, I would like the surprise of what we have. Have booking in appt today (11 weeks) so hoping NHS scan is not to long away.

x

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 10/07/17, 14:49 »
    Hello ladies
    I thought I'd take the plunge and join you from the IVF Alicante thread.
    Congratulations to you all :)
    I'm just over 8 weeks but still so cautious.  I've had 2 private scans and everything is good but still can't feel like I can relax.  Is everyone else the same?   
    I was wondering if you are all paying for private scans and if you have set weeks or are you just booking them to put your minds at rest?  I'm not sure if I should now wait until the 12 weeks .  I have had slight spotting from week 6 so that's not making it any easier to relax - as soon as it seems to stop it then starts again.  The scans show nothing so have no idea what it is and the clinic have just said it's pretty normal!
    I also wanted to ask if you have all registered with the maternity units yet?  I called my GP last week who said I can self refer straight at the hospital of my choice!! Also finding it really hard to pick a maternity unit - I'm in North East London and to be honest the reviews on the choices I have are not that great!

Once again congratulations everyone  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dededar

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 10/07/17, 17:30 »
    Hi girls :-)

I'm 8+3 and had a scan at 7 weeks all measured well with a good heartbeat. I relaxed for about 2 days an now I'm up the walls again. My next scan isn't until Friday week when I'll be 10 weeks 🤞🏼

My question is, is anyone having lower back pain or know if it's normal? It's started at 8 weeks on the dot and it's not severe but uncomfortable kind of like the feeling you would get from too much walking uphill or something. Right down the bottom of my back ??

Offline IzzyQ

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 10/07/17, 21:35 »
    Princess - congratulations on your twins! Will they be your first child(ren)?

Hi Nemo, I'm 12 weeks and I've had lots of scans...still feeling nervous though. I think it's a combination of having miscarried previously and being an IVFer, IVF makes you more anxious! I'm hoping I'll worry less as time goes on, but it feels odd being 12 weeks now and starting to tell people because in my mind there still a big 'what if...?'  I'm just registering at my maternity unit now, but I'm in France. Here you have to register by week 14 but often the good maternity wards get booked up earlier than that. I have some friends in North/NE London, I'll ask them which hospitals are the best ones.

Hi Dededar, I have back pain too in the same place, though not all the time, I think in my case it's because the baby and my retroverted uterus are right at the back, so it probably pushes and causes muscle ache. I'm nearly 13 weeks and don't have a bump yet!

I have another scan this week to book into my French hospital, I get to see baby again! 😊

Offline nemo30

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 10/07/17, 22:15 »
    Hi Dededar I am exactly the same as you - I had a scan on Friday at 8 weeks and everything was fine, I relaxed for about 2 days and now feel like I want to check again - I just hope we get to the stage where we feel like we can relax a bit.   It's funny you should mention the back ache as I've had that today and was wondering what it was.  I'm also getting weird shooting pains and feel like I want to hold my lower belly all the time and put some pressure against it, if that makes sense?  I don't think all the meds help as I'm really bloated.

Hi Izzy thank you regarding asking your friends - sometimes I think we have too much choice now and it's just easier to register with the nearest local hospital.  That's great you get so many scans at least it can help put your mind at rest.

xxx

Offline dededar

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 11/07/17, 09:13 »
    Izzy I have a retroverted uterus aswell so I'm hoping that's the case with me too! Even though you hear things like back ache and cramps are normal with all the stretching going on I always think the worst when it's happening to me ! It's because I'm still in the this is too good to be true phase! X

Nemo nice to hear someone is having the same thing makes me feel a little more normal. I would have a ultrasound machine in my bedroom if I had my way. I have to control myself or I'll be paying for private  and every couple of days !  ;D

Offline notamuggle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 11/07/17, 18:06 »
    Oh wow, lots of new people, hi everyone (waves)

Hi again paws, yes I remember you, nice to see you again

I'm tetroveryed too but wonder if mine is right I g itself as my uterus grows as they often do, I don't have back pIn but do have cramps on and off

I'm 10+4 and it's 13 days since my last scan and I'm feeling anxious now, my next scan is on Friday so hopefully that'll come round soon

My EPU will scan me every 2 weeks as I'm one of their RMC patients so I've fitted them Roy d my early scan at my fertility clinic

I'm wondering when all of this will start to feel real?

I had always said I wouldn't find out the gender but I'm now wondering if it will help it feel more really to me, but then I feel bad that all my fertility problems have made me so anxious that I might change a decision I've held for years

I don't get a choice of hospitals really but I'd really like a home birth anyway. I'm currently classed as high risk after my RMCs but I'm hoping that changes as I get further along

Hugs to everyone xxx

Offline Pawsandfluff

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 12/07/17, 01:52 »
    Thanks for the welcome guys, delighted we are all here and dreams are coming true.  Question for all of you:  I've got a holiday booked to Crete when I'll be in week 11, 4 star, half board.  My sister, mum and dad are all on at me not to go, my sister says I would be wanting to control by baby and body and that flying, swimming and foreign food is all too risky.  I've gone through RMC and so has my sister, I think she's always blamed a flight for her first one.  They are at the, we'll give you money to cancel etc phase.
    OH and me are keen to go, I think I'll actually be more relaxed and therefore safer.  Also, I will only eat food I feel happy with.  I called the RMC unit and they said short hauls are fine.
    Am I being reckless, I'd genuinely appreciate your thoughts...