* Author Topic: BFP Due Date January / February 2018  (Read 43501 times)

0 Members

Offline violin7

modify
BFP Due Date January / February 2018
« Reply #80 on: 28/07/17, 16:55 »
Evan I had to look up FYA. It must be scary for you but looks like it can be Ok. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Warrior that's fab to have such a glorious bump already:) Didn't realise how much I was looking forward to having one until I felt the first beginnings. It's getting there, slowly but surely.
You too Billie - amazing to be showing so early. Can't believe you're craving such healthy food. What's your secret?!
A
A lovely friend gave a big bag of maternity clothes but she's v slim & so a lot don't fit. But it gave me an idea of the sort of thing I'm looking for, so I did  a massive online shop at H&M and ASOS. Most will go back but felt it was easier to buy loads of different sizes to get a feel of what's best, especially bras. Started wearing a new pair of maternity hareem trousers  last night. OH said it's just an excuse to slob out & she's totally right  ;D

Lucky you Crazy with your impending holiday. Hopefully by then you'll be feeling brilliant. I think my diet has impeded my bump-show - I have to dig below my chipshop belly to find it...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline evan80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 29/07/17, 09:10 »
    Billie anti-fya are antibodies which build up after a blood transfusion (which i had when i gave birth to my son) or when the fetus'blood group is different than the mother's. It could lead to fetal anaemia and therefore we might have to go for intra-uterineblood transfusions. In extreme cases because the fetal heart is trying to pump up blood due to deficiency the fetus might end up with cardiac arrest and therefore loss of pregnancy. I am feeling scared but i figured that until i can repeat the blood test again there is nothing much i can do at this stage so i am trying to distract myself as much as possible. Wish you all the best of luck for scan this week. Because our parents and siblings knew about us having fet we told them at 8 weeks as they were constantly asking us for updates but we told other family members after the 12 week scan and i told my colleagues at work at 14 weeks. It was a struggke to hide the pregnancy since this is my second one and I started to show early.

Violin7 glad you managed to get a lot of maternity shopping done. I managed to use some of the clothes from my first pregnanc but i gave birth in November and in my country we still wear summer clothes at that time sometimes so I managed to keep wearing same clothes throughout the pregnancy. This time I am due in January so i will have to invest in winter clothes too.

Has anyone started feeling baby movement yet?

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 31/07/17, 11:08 »
    Oh Evan you poor thing must be so scary - i too had never heard of it, when do you have a repeat blood test?

so AFM im now 15+2 and over the weekend i finally stopped all meds - so glad to be off those dreadful pesseries and patches!
    Last night i got my fetal doppler out and picked up his heartbeat straight away - had found mine so knew when i got to the fast little train that it was his lol - so comforting!
    Had a text yesterday from my midwife to check that i had heard from hospital re consultant care and i told her i hadnt heard as yet and she is on to them today to chase it up - should have been on meds since 12 weeks.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 1/08/17, 18:52 »
    Violin and Warrior - got home from NYC yesterday morning. Loved it, but now very tired!

Best of luck with everything Evan. Don't think I've felt baby move yet, but had some weird feelings. Excited to feel it properly and know that it's definitely baby moving about. Some days I've felt some stretching again, was quite painful at one point on holiday.

Betty - so exciting to know the gender and must be lovely to have both. We have our gender scan next week and we can't wait.

Midwife tomorrow morning, looking forward to seeing what this appointment will be about. Hoping she might try and listen to baby's heartbeat.

Offline WarriorBaby

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 1/08/17, 22:15 »
    Welcome back Hannahdaisy! Did you do much baby clothes shopping?! After your booking-in appointment, each midwife appointment will check babies heartbeat, measure your tummy, check your urine etc - it's nice to get the reassurance x

Billie - good luck with your scan this week! X

Evan - hope everything is going ok for you, keeping everything crossed ✨

Violin - eating so many carbs constantly has most definately hugely contributed to my 16 week going on 25 week bump ;)

How's everyone else doing?

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 1/08/17, 22:26 »
    Hannahdaisy - I keep forgetting. Are you getting your thyroid tested regularly??  My GP surgery is doing my monthly.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 1/08/17, 22:47 »
    Warrior - we actually managed to control ourselves, even after spending ages in a huge Babies'R'Us that had a sale on! I think the spending will start after we find out the gender, so exciting! We did get a chance to test out a Mamaroo though, we thought we wanted one after seeing it online but in person it definitely sold itself to us! I hope they do check the heartbeat, I've read different things about that, heard that some midwives won't do it until 20+ weeks in case they can't find it. Also, speaking of bumps, I definitely feel like mine's pretty big. Not complaining though! Definitely need to do a shop for more maternity bottoms or just bigger, stretchy things. Got some tracksuit bottoms on today for lounging at home and even they're squeezing me.

Flipsy - I got called back for an appointment about a month ago, regarding the results from bloods at my booking appointment, and they said my thyroid levels were 'in my boots' so 50mg must have been too high. They've put me on 25mg and said I need another blood test in 4-6 weeks so hoping that the midwife can do it tomorrow. My midwife said at my booking appointment that she didn't see why I was on it anyway and seemed really against it seeing as it was just for the treatment so we'll see what these next results say.

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 2/08/17, 10:46 »
    My was increased last pregnancy but has stayed stable this time round!

Offline billie2015

• Gold Member
    • My 2 miracle DDs
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 2/08/17, 12:26 »
    Hannahdaisy, where I am the rule for listening to heartbeat is 20weeks too, they don't want to risk not finding it and worrying mummys ;) Although I was so stressed with my first pregnancy and my appt was a bit later than 16 weeks I think so the midwife took pity on me and checked. She was only covering for my usual midwife, on my next appt I told my usual one and she said whe wouldn't have done it ;)
    So I wouldn't get my hopes up, but if you really want to, you can ask and see what she says. Although you have to be prepared for her not finding it if baby is in a weird position...

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 2/08/17, 13:12 »
    They listened to my at my 16 weeks this pregnancy & the last pregnancy & that's in 2 different health authorises.

Like others have said, I think it's probably dependant on the mw