Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP Due Date January / February 2018

55K views 779 replies 34 participants last post by  nicky_nacky_noo 
#1 ·
BFP Due date January/February 2018

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! Please let me know if you would like to be added to the list below, and if / when you find out whether you are having a girl or a boy, I will put a ^pinkted^ or ^blueted^ next to your name.

Any problems or concerns, please do get in touch.

Happy chatting! ^hugme^

[csv=]
Name, EDD, Flavour

Flipsy, 2/1/18
boggins, 7/1/18
evan80, 12/1/18
Galapagos, 15/1/18, ^pinkted^
WarriorBaby, 16/1/18
violin7, 17/1/18
IzzyQ, 17/1/18
hannahdaisy, 19/1/18
betty21, 20/1/18
ezkay, 23/1/18
Kiwi16, 23/1/18, ^blueted^
Crazy81, 25/1/18
notamuggle, 2/2/18
gabiart, 4/2/18
pheeny, 6/2/18, twins
Pawsandfluff, 13/2/18
billie2015, 16/2/18
estella, 16/2/18
Love life, 20/2/18

[/csv]

See less See more
#177 ·
Violin - I haven't actually got an appointment now until 25 weeks but hoping to record it then. Great that you're all moved in, how exciting :) our 20 week scan is next Friday too, will be exactly 20 weeks. Looking forward to it but still slightly nervous as always!

Went to view a flat yesterday and we loved it. Found out that someone has already put an offer in but their references haven't gone through and it's been ages so the landlord has just carried on and may take someone else. Rang last night and said we wanted it, put through some forms etc, got a call to say some other people that saw it yesterday also put an offer in and now we're kind of battling with them. Stressful! The estate agent has said to ring back this morning and think about whether we can move our dates forward or increase the rent etc. The rent is already nearly £300 more a month than where we are now and I'll be on maternity leave for a while, ahhhh! We just loved it though and the second bedroom was definitely big enough for two children, let alone just one so means we could stay there for quite a while. I suppose maternity leave is just temporary and then money will be back to normal again.

Also, wondering if I might have felt baby move last night and this morning. Felt little bubbles pop 3 times. I only question it because I was told last week that my placenta was at the front and that I probably wouldn't feel anything until after 20 weeks.

#178 ·
Lilacfairy I'm impressed you are able to go do exercise!  Dance sounds like a fab idea, although just walking is tiring me out at the moment!!

Violin I think anxiety is very common, its just us turning into mummies  :) already worrying about our bubs, also lots of bumps tend to change over night so I wouldn't worry.  Nice to get the move out of the way, we find out this week if my husband is getting made redundant and we maybe moving countries - which seems absolutely crazy now.

Evan hope the scan went well.

Beautiful Stranger congrats on your little girl, how exciting.

Hannahdaisy - hows the pregnancy pillow did it give you any relief?
Was just about to post and your update came in, how exciting and stressful.  Lovely that you are feeling movement, sounds about right, I think it feels like fluttering inside, but one is near top because I can see movements now.

I've still got a head cold and still being sick, theres no way I have a pregnancy glow  ;D  Seems like time is going really fast though, I know a few a further along but I can't believe I'm four months gone. 
Hope everyone is well xx

#179 ·
Pheeny - moving countries, wow! Is it to somewhere far away? The pregnancy pillow was really comfy but my partner hates it and says it takes up too much of the bed so I dunno what to do about it. The last two nights I've slept without it to be nice but I'm sure I'm going to need it in the future. Hope that the feelings are the baby, hard to tell at the start, especially with the first baby I suppose! The fact that you can see the babies moving sounds amazing! Hope you start to feel better soon.

#180 ·
Pheeny, moving countries wow! Would that be during pregnancy or after? We are also thinking about moving but next year, after baby is born, although we are still unsure, and that would be to go back to our home country, so in a way easier... They say moving with younger children is actually easier as they adapt more easily, we'll see.

Hannah, and any other using pregnancy pillows, what brand did you buy? Last time I bought a cheap sausage-like pillow, which was useful, but weirdly I feel if I had something supporting my back too it would feel more confortable, right now I sleep with three pillow, one for the head/ one front, and one back! Also, my partner use to think I took all the space in the bed last time with all my pillows, so when we learned we were pregnant again, we bought a super king size bed, it SO NICE!!! No-one is feeling crushed and DD1 can join us in the morning too!

#181 ·
Billie - just read the end part out to my partner and she said she's seriously considering that! I bought mine from Amazon from Love2Sleep called the Big U Maternity Support Pillow - £27.95.

#182 ·
Hi girls scan went well but because i had bleeding episode my consultant prescribed duphaston progesterone support. The only problem is that i have now developed haemrrhoids out of the blue and i am blaming the tablets for it. I am in so much pain. :'(

#183 ·
Hi Girls - cant believe how some of you have been having to put up with family members spreading your brilliant news - i too would be mad - I told everyone that needed to know personally from me at 12 weeks and then announced on ** - we know the sex but have not told anyone (except you girls :) )  for that very reason - they will all find out when he is born and not before.

Im sorry if all i do is moan lately but i am more than fed up - had midwife on friday as she had forgotton about my appointment the week before and she said i had protein in my urine and it was nothing to worry about so yesterday i had to see midwife from diabetic team to get my testing kit and she said what did your midwife say about your BP? I said she didnt say anything why? well apparently it was high and i should have been sent to see a doctor - well all my midwife said was see you in 10 weeks! She also forgot to write down that i had protein in my pee so when hospital done a urine test showed i had infection so they wasnt happy - so to cut a long story short i was admitted to day assesment ward for 5 hours - 3 attempts for blood on veins that had collapsed and put on a monitor to trace baby - on extra meds and antibiotics for infection - i could have screamed - so anyway doing 2 full days of testing and then back to hospital on friday to collect insulin - cant wait till saturday off on hols and i need it xx

#184 ·
Oh betty that is awful. Can you file a formal complaint against the midwife or go to another midwife instead. She is not just playing with one life but she has two lives in her hands. She is too negligent in her job.

#185 ·
Hi Evan - progesterone can certainly slow down your digestion! I use Miralax (Movicol / macrogol, different names for same thing)), it's not absorbed by the body so is safe while pregnant though of course check with your doc first. It's very gentle, sometimes takes a couple of days to work but gives blessed relief from constipation!

Betty - I can't believe how crap your nurses / hospital have been! O M G. I hope you're feeling better now you have the right treatment for the diabetes and UTI. So rubbish you had to spend half the day in hospital because of their cock-up. Can you kick up a fuss and make sure they look after you better?

I went swimming today, dived in a few times, I also jumped in twice with my little boy...I checked this evening and most search results say don't dive (and certainly don't jump) when pregnant. Oops! But it feels so good! And I do know how to dive properly. I can't really find any reason why, apart from some mutterings about placental abruption, but only on forums and no medical papers or evidence...I won't do it when I'm massive but then my bump is definitely there now...bugger, the seed of doubt has been planted now, sigh! I'll see if I can get a message to my OB and ask her if it's ok. Darn it, love diving!!

#187 ·
Oh Flipsy, will be thinking of you and hoping that everything's ok. Best of luck xx

#188 ·
Flipsy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. All the best!

#189 ·
Betty, so sorry about your care, maybe you can change midwife?

IzzyQ, surely the diving / jumping that you did yesterday would have resulted in placental abruption (separation of placenta and uterus), not so early on? But probably best to stop, even if just to avoid feeling bad about it ;) . So many things are in the "maybe not" list without much evidence. :(

Oh Flipsy! I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts!!! fxxx

#190 ·
Oh Flipsey hope you are okay. My thoughts are with you.

IzzyQ i think you will be fine. Just check about diving in future but don't worry about the diving you did yesterday -after all what's done is done

#191 ·
Haven't been on for ages - will catch up properly soon....

Flipsy, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hope everything is ok, sending love X

#192 ·
Thank you for all your thoughts.  I'll try & keep this brief because don't to bring the thread down.

After being ambulanced to hospital yesterday I was admitted. Yesterday afternoon I had an even bigger bleed with enormous clots. I was rushed to labour ward & put NBM in case needed to go to theatre.

Bleeding slowed this morning & we heard a heart beat.

This afternoon my waters have gone & now it's a waiting game to see if I go into labour.

I've had a bedside scan & saw a heart beat & small amount of fluids.

Wishing you all luck in your journeys.

I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post this so it may be deleted xxx

#193 ·
Flipsy I have been checking this board regularly to check out for any updates from you. You have been in my thoughts all day.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. But you have to believe that miracles do happen. Will keep you in my prayers. ^hugme^

#194 ·
I've also been checking and looking for updates. I agree with Evan, amazing things can happen and I'm sure that the staff will be doing everything that they can to keep baby safe.

#195 ·
Flipsy, it's hard to stay hopeful in times like these, but babies at this stage have been able to survive before. Wishing you and baby the best of luck and keeping you in my thoughts!

Btw I don't think this should be deleted. As shocking and horrible the situation is, it is a part of this journey and you deserve our emotional support just as much as anyone else.

#196 ·
Thinking of you Flipsy xxx

#197 ·
I'm still here ladies & Hovis is still fighting.

I did have a break down yesterday morning because got moved from labour ward to induction/post natal ward the night before at 11.30 & was put in a bay. When consultant came I totally broke down. She was furious that I was in a bay with ladies giving birth & moved me to a side room & here I sit & wait!!!

#198 ·
Flipsey great to hear from you. How can they be so insensitive? The first target is to get to at least 24 weeks because at that stage babies have the tendency to survive. It is ok to cry and vent as this is a very difficult time and the last thing you need is to bottle up your emotions.

Best of luck. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers xxx

#199 ·
Good to hear from you Flipsy. Not so good to hear about where you were left. Glad to hear that Hovis is still fighting. Have been thinking about you and hoping that you were ok xx

#200 ·
Flipsy, thanks for the update, just as everyone else, my thoughts have been with you this weekend. I have my fingers crossed that baby will hold on for at least another 2 weeks and reached the 24 weeks mark!
When you say your waters have gone, was that just a little bit or a lot? will doctors want to induce you. My waters went first with DD1 with no contractions but they said they would not leave baby in for more than 48 hours because of risk of infections. I guess in your case it's a lot different and baby is better off inside anyway.
Best of luck! And feel free to come here to rant or share, like Lilacfairy said, I don't see why your post should be removed!

#201 ·
Oh Flipsy I'm so sorry to hear your news! You must be going mad with worry. Do keep us all updated, thinking of you xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.