* Author Topic: NHS England funding for pgd  (Read 1553 times)

0 Members

Offline Kimberley88

• Un-Ranked
modify
NHS England funding for pgd
« on: 3/07/17, 18:20 »
Can anyone tell me how long it took for NHS England to approve funding for pgd?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 3/07/17, 20:48 »
    It's already approved.
    You used to have to apply but now you don't unless your genetic condition doesn't have a licence.

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 3/07/17, 21:32 »
    Hi Carrie88

Is that for everyone, even those with low ovarian reserve tests? We are going private now for PGD as we were refused our third try after two unsuccessful rounds based on my hormone results. I'm wondering whether I should have appealed - this was a year ago.

Thanks
    M.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 3/07/17, 21:44 »
    Hi Carrie88

Is that for everyone, even those with low ovarian reserve tests? We are going private now for PGD as we were refused our third try after two unsuccessful rounds based on my hormone results. I'm wondering whether I should have appealed - this was a year ago.

Thanks
    M.

No they can refuse your 3rd try or second try if they feel you won't have success. It doesn't make it right though imo xx

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 3/07/17, 21:57 »
    That's what I thought :-( It's so expensive going private but got everything crossed for a successful outcome! Good luck to you too, I would go to CRGH over Guys- they are very good! Hope you can transfer your embryos there! Mx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 4/07/17, 06:00 »
    I can imagine!!!
    I know someone's though who guys rejected but she got funding else (think it was crgh) for 1 round.
    I think she got 3 eggs.
    2 fertilised.
    Both made it to day 5 and testing.
    1 normal and she's pregnant!!
    So don't loose hope :)

Ahh thanks. We can't transfer them to crgh as we loose our NHS funding but we've decided to loose it anyway and transfer to Dr Gorgy at FGA xx

Offline Kimberley88

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 4/07/17, 08:05 »
    Strange; we received a letter yesterday saying they'd sent our details over for approval. It did seem to read as "when" rather than "if" it's approved though, so fingers crossed :-)

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 4/07/17, 08:10 »
    That's will probably just be all your details to check you're eligible/meet the criteria for NHS funding xx

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 4/07/17, 22:08 »
    Thanks Carrie88, I'm feeling positive this time around because we are doing two batching cycles and then we will test. I've seen women on here with not many embryos and still getting to transfer so I am hoping for the best. What's FGA? I will look into ERA and the Scratch before transfer. I've know you've had lots of tests for implantation, is there anything I need to check specially for my first transfer. I might not get another chance to transfer so will need to do all the important and necessary tests before transfer. Do you have the list of what you did somewhere? When are you trying transfer again? xxM

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 5/07/17, 16:42 »
    THAts a great idea to batch :)
    Is that cheaper? Or are you charged 2 full cycles for that?

FGA is fertility gynae academy which is where Dr Gorgy is based.

Well the basic ones before transfer are:
    Ensuring your thyroid is under 2
    And check that your vitamin D isn't too low.

I almost don't want to tell you all my tests as I am a weirdo.
    There's no one I know at guys that has had all the problems I've had and I don't want to make you paranoid as you're probably fine and your transfer will work no problem.
    But I will if you really want me to? Xx

We won't be transferring till September/October time xx