* Author Topic: Over 45 With Own Eggs? - Part 2  (Read 65535 times)

0 Members

Offline jennyH1

modify
Over 45 With Own Eggs? - Part 2
« Reply #740 on: 16/03/19, 18:18 »
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum..had started my own thread but there seems to be heaps of people on this. Hope it's ok to join in.

I'm 46..have had 2 ivf cycles with OE. Both times got to blastocyst but never a BFP sadly.

Myself and my hubby are giving this one last shot. I can't help feeling sad about our chances and a bit like I'm wasting our money when we could be using it for DE.

Anyone else feel the same or anyone out there have success with ivf and OE at 46???

Pleeeeeeeeeeease  :-[

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #741 on: 17/03/19, 13:37 »
    jennyH1- I am not in the same position, just wanted to wish you the very best on the next part of your fertility journey

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #742 on: 18/03/19, 13:53 »
    Jenny, I am turning 44 in April and going for my last 3 banking OE ivf with natural modified. After 5 failed transfers I donít hold out much hope. I think it comes down to a numbers game. So if you are still producing eggs each time and getting to day 5, then maybe. But if you are not then maybe it is time to move on. I will be after this go to either DE if I can get my head round the concept as I have so many doubts or leaving this crazy baby making arena. I wish the whole DE thing was more straight forward and not have all the ramifications for the child, because that is my main concern. Then my sister said something like the child will have a great life it is you who has to give up something wouldnít be worried about them,they are the lucky ones. Anyway I will be on the threads on here so we can all keep up with each other and help each other to make the hard decisions.

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #743 on: 19/03/19, 19:43 »
    miamiamo - thanks for the well wishes x

CathA - Oh my God my heart breaks for you. It's such a hard road to be on when your nearing the end of your journey with OE isn't it. I think it's impossible for any woman to fully understand unless your faced with that possibility. I started a thread here called..."Don't know when to stop with my OE..emotional". The responses have been really helpful for me and it's been great to hear positive stories of DE. You should check it out if you feel up to it or are ready.

Don't loose hope with your OE though Cath. It's great that you still have some chance and honestly miracles can happen. Never loose hope. I know after 5 failed transfers that's hard but you just never know!!! I agree it's a numbers game but 6 may be your lucky number. I really hope it is!!

We're giving OE one last chance and if it doesn't work we'll go straight to DE. I feel really good about that which wasn't always the case. It's a real process and for me it was always about how it would effect my baby too. Then my hubby said...ah come on if you weren't prepared to do this there would be no baby. Your giving them the gift of life and into a happy home where they'll be adored and cherished. What more could they ask for!?! Nothing like the male down to earth perspective ;-) Your sister is right.

Best of luck either way Cath. Hope you find your happy ending x

Offline pattycake

modify
    « Reply #744 on: 4/04/19, 13:45 »
    Wondered if anyone has experience of success with Amy of 2.6 in mid 40s and medicated ivf with own eggs?  Sperm in good shape. 

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #745 on: 23/04/19, 14:43 »
    Hi All,

I started my cycle 2 days ago, on first scan on day 5 had about 7 follicles but on day 7 today after 2 days of 150 bemfola, only one follicle had moved to 14mm and the rest had just sat back. I know I am only doing natural modified so they only look to get one but in Jan cycle I had 4. So I have decided to cancel this cycle as for me each month is so different based on past experience. I am disappointed as am up against it with my age, just turn 44 this month, but think 1 More month isnít going to make a huge difference but I might get more eggs. If next month is same as this month I will just go ahead with one as doing 3 banking.
    It is so hard when you have the age issue and knowing for me that I can get very different results month to month. Anyway think i will have a large glass of vino to chill about it!
    How is anybody else doing on this thread? Anyone started? Any success?