* Author Topic: Life as a mummy to toddler twins  (Read 4789 times)

0 Members

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
modify
Life as a mummy to toddler twins
« Reply #10 on: 18/02/18, 20:36 »
Well I can't believe it, H and D turn 3 next month.  How on earth has that happened.  Life is super hectic.  Boys are amazing 90 % of the time.  10% of the time I am pulling my hair out. One of them shouts at me that he wants lots 'I want lots' every time he is offered a drink or something to eat. Well more often than not he has lots....he can scream for a good 10 minutes about wanting lots and no reasoning will calm him down.  In the main his brother is more chilled unless it's to do with where he sits in the car and then he can scream and scream and scream.... however despite the screaming and irrational toddler behaviour they fill my heart with joy and are hilariously funny with the things they say. One of this week's classics on seeing a picture of an elephant was 'you like Elephants do you H' to which H responded 'no I like Rhino's'

I am working much more now and balancing work and the boys is exhausting. I do most my prep whilst the boys sleep so have very little down time. I am also studying and really should be sat writing an essay right now but need a couple of hours off. 

Trying to decide whether I have the energy for planning a birthday party

Bye for now
KB

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 5/03/18, 19:18 »
    Today I sucked at being a mum....

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 11/03/18, 15:11 »
    Happy mothers day, whether you hold your babies in your hearts or arms and big big hugs to those of you longing to be mummies. I remember the pain and heartache well xxxxx

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 19/03/18, 22:19 »
    3.... how is it possible that those dinky 4lb 5 and 4lb 6 babies are 3....

Lovely but emotional day celebrating with family.  I still find thinking about their birth day hard

Bye for now

Xxx

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 23/03/18, 21:20 »
    364 days since the phone call that told us our baby had Edwards Syndrome. 364 days since we knew we couldn't bring our baby into the world knowing the would die, either during birth or in the next few months.  364 days since we made the heart breaking decision that we would end our pregnancy. 364 days of thinking what if, how different life would have been with a third baby and 364 days of knowing that there are people out there judging us because we made the decision we did because we choose to end a much wanted pregnancy out of love for our unborn baby, rather than putting our baby through the pain of never breathing independently,  never leaving hospital.

I can't believe that tomorrow marks a year since that phone call. Time heals, my twins heal me, but part of my heart will always be broken.

Bye for now
    KB
    Xx

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 2/04/18, 09:08 »
    H and D are 3 years and 2 weeks old and we have chickenpox....well H does. I think they started on Thursday but can't be sure. He had a spot in his hair which I thought nothing of. Then a rash Friday but was well in himself so I thought it was a post viral rash as he had been unwell during the week.  We went about our daily life. Then at bedtime I noticed blisters. Feeling rather guilty about the people we exposed to the virus. So we have been on house arrest since. H has been miserable. He won't let me but anything on his spots because he doesn't like them being looked at. Yesterday he had a ranging temperature.  Typical it's a bank holiday weekend so not straight forward to get him checked.  Fortunately my lovely neighbour Dr checked him over for me. Today he seems much better and lots of his spots have crusted over so hopefully by Wednesday he won't be infectious and we can go out. D doesn't have it. I am annalysising every spot he has had in the past week to work out whether he has had it with very few spots. He was grotty last week so I am hoping...don't fancy another weekend like this one.

Bye for now

Xx

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 5/04/18, 20:43 »
    So I have never understood when friends say they skip out the door to work. However challenging life with toddler twins has been I have never been pleased to leave them for work. I enjoy my job but miss my babies even though I enjoy the adult conversation and stimulation.

Well after house arrest while H was contagious and grumpy threenagers for 6 days I literally skipped out the door to work. Today working made me a much better mum. I came home happy to see my boys and had for the first time since returning to work appreciated why my friends say they sometimes skip out the door to work.

Bye for now

KB

P.s D still spot free....

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 6/04/18, 20:08 »
    My mother in law is a nightmare.

I have repeatedly told her not to use emotional blackmail if the boys don't want to show her affection. Yet today she arrives,  kids don't want to give her a cuddle and off she does with 'oh poor nanny, that makes nanny sad'. I have even told her that what she is doing can encourage children to not understand consent and that might mean that as teenagers that could be done for abuse because they don't understand that no means no....

I have also told her not to bring gifts everytime she visits. That it will mean the kids are more excited to see the gifts rather than her, yet she still does it and so what did the boys do when she arrived.... what's in your bag nanny...they cared more about seeing what present she had bought them than her.

Ahhhhhhhh

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 15/04/18, 15:31 »
    Chickenpox take two and hubby away skiing for the weekend. Mum and I were due to take the twins to Cornwall for the weekend and had to cancel :( house arrest now over fortunately as according to the spotty book guidelines we are not contagious anymore (and would be able to return to school) even though he still has some spots not scabbed over...

If you are thinking about paying to get immunised do it....this has been an avoidable miserable two weekends

Bye for now

KB
    Xxx

Offline Keeping busy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 6/05/18, 18:43 »
    H and D are 3 years 1 month and 17 days old

We are on holiday in Kos. Eating Greek food and being here has made me think about how very different life would have been had our Serum cycles work. We wouldn't have our boys. If our donor cycles had worked we would have a donor  sperm baby and if I am honest I don't believe our marriage would have survived.  We have had some very very low times both during my pregnancy and in the first 2 years of our twins lives. Things are good now but I don't think my husband would have coped if our baby hadn't been genetically his, miscarriage number 4 was a donor sperm baby and as much as I long for that baby (it was a girl) I know my marriage wouldn't have survived and I wouldn't have my boys.

There is a huge part of me that would love another baby but I also know it would be silly to venture down that path... hubby would like one but we have talked and both recognise it's crazy. 4 miscarriages and 1 tfmr is more than anyone should have to go through.  Throw my bad cervix into the mix and the heart ache just isn't worth it. Plus I am just getting my career back on track...

Typing this while hubby and boys dance at the mini disco. Home Tuesday. It's been an amazing week away

Bye for now

KB
    Xx