* Author Topic: Low Amh but normal fsh  (Read 3565 times)

0 Members

Offline Sapphire7117

• Un-Ranked
modify
Low Amh but normal fsh
« on: 8/06/17, 19:41 »
Hi was just wondering if anyone else has come across low Amh but normal fsh? I was a poor responder to my first ivf only producing 2 follicles but even tho I haven't had amh test done my fsh level is normal.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WarriorBaby

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #1 on: 8/06/17, 20:52 »
    Hi Sapphire,

I was told I had 'critically low' AMH, but my FSH is borderline/normal - so yes in answer to your question!

see my signature...first round I only had 3 follicles so similar to you, then round 2 & 3, I got 6 follicles (increased Gonal f to 450, extra progesterone round 2 & 3, then added LH on round 3). Usually AMH is tested at the same time as FSH, along with a transvaginal scan of your ovaries/follies, but as you've already had one round, are you planning round 2/any changes to your protocol? X

Offline Sapphire7117

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #2 on: 9/06/17, 09:39 »
    Hiya, it is really inspiring to hear from ladies who have been successful with low amh. We have had a dreadful first ivf. I was put on a long protocol as i was told hormone levels were good etc. I have been trying for about 4 years. had a lap and dye last year and was told i had a blocked tube and a polyp removed. i did tamoxifen 6 months then next step IVF. At first stim scan, i was told i wasn't responding to treatment , i had 2 follicles. They increased gonal f to 375 but told me to prepare for the worst as i this is a sign my ovarian reserve is low. Went back 2 days later, still same, and the day after that which was last Saturday. We saw the consultant who said to go for egg collection Monday, as my follicles were a good size and womb lining etc was good. He said same as nurse, if we abandoned and re-started, even on higher drugs i would respond the same. We went ahead with egg collection and devastated no eggs in either follicle. We went to see consultant on Tuesday. I had read a lot on the internet in the meantime, as this was a total shock because they always told me my hormone levels were fine. It was at this point i found out about amh. When we saw the consultant on Tues, he said, ivf is a wonderful because it also unmasks issues previous tests have not identified. I have read a lot in the last week about IVF so asked about amh - i haven't had the test but he said according to my reaction to this round of ivf, i have the ovaries of a 43 year old, i would have an early menopause and my chances of success if we try again are in the single figures. He said i could have amh but would have to pay. which is fine! i really don't understand why they don't offer this along with the other tests at the beginning. our nhs cycle has now gone and we are very cross because we feel mis informed. When i did tamoxifen i responded well and produced more follicles than the ivf! We don't know what to do now.  I have read so much conflicting information that what the consultant has told us. I was also on buserlin for for 3  weeks not  2 and wondering if this affected things too. Any advice would be much appreciated! xx

Offline kayza27

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #3 on: 9/06/17, 18:34 »
    Hiya, it is really inspiring to hear from ladies who have been successful with low amh. We have had a dreadful first ivf. I was put on a long protocol as i was told hormone levels were good etc. I have been trying for about 4 years. had a lap and dye last year and was told i had a blocked tube and a polyp removed. i did tamoxifen 6 months then next step IVF. At first stim scan, i was told i wasn't responding to treatment , i had 2 follicles. They increased gonal f to 375 but told me to prepare for the worst as i this is a sign my ovarian reserve is low. Went back 2 days later, still same, and the day after that which was last Saturday. We saw the consultant who said to go for egg collection Monday, as my follicles were a good size and womb lining etc was good. He said same as nurse, if we abandoned and re-started, even on higher drugs i would respond the same. We went ahead with egg collection and devastated no eggs in either follicle. We went to see consultant on Tuesday. I had read a lot on the internet in the meantime, as this was a total shock because they always told me my hormone levels were fine. It was at this point i found out about amh. When we saw the consultant on Tues, he said, ivf is a wonderful because it also unmasks issues previous tests have not identified. I have read a lot in the last week about IVF so asked about amh - i haven't had the test but he said according to my reaction to this round of ivf, i have the ovaries of a 43 year old, i would have an early menopause and my chances of success if we try again are in the single figures. He said i could have amh but would have to pay. which is fine! i really don't understand why they don't offer this along with the other tests at the beginning. our nhs cycle has now gone and we are very cross because we feel mis informed. When i did tamoxifen i responded well and produced more follicles than the ivf! We don't know what to do now.  I have read so much conflicting information that what the consultant has told us. I was also on buserlin for for 3  weeks not  2 and wondering if this affected things too. Any advice would be much appreciated! xx
    I feel the same as you!!!! We had to go down the DE root private!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Pognut

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #4 on: 9/06/17, 19:15 »
    Something similar happened to me - my FSH was 9.5, then when my clinic  rechecked it, and checked my AMH a few months later, my FHS had gone up to 14 and my AMH was undetectable. AFC was 2/3 every scan. I was 34 and gobsmacked. We tried 2 cycles with max stims but no eggs in follicles. I don't understand why my FHS and LH were both  ok-ish when my AMH must have been pretty bad - unless it went down very quickly? I'd really like to understand why that happened. We are going down the DE route and have come to terms with it, but it was really hard at the time. Massive sympathy to everyone.

Offline WarriorBaby

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #5 on: 9/06/17, 20:22 »
    Just read your full story Sapphire, so sorry to hear you have had such a tough time.
    If I was you, I would go to a completely different clinic/consultant for a second opinion, I would also retest your FSH, LH, AMH and follicle scan, plus any further tests recommended by the consultant, just so you know exactly where you stand. After my first round of IVF, I was told I had slim chances of conceiving via IVF, and although I did have 3 eggs in the follicles, they were bad quality and 'ungraded' at transfer. Fast forward to May 2017, I conceived naturally, maybe a miracle but so is my little IVF baby. I don't want to give you false hope, but I also strongly believe every cycle is different, maybe you have experienced this a bit with tamoxifen as you say....I can see a couple of responses on your post, but maybe there is another thread where you can get further experiences....finances permitting and getting further expert advice & test, I personally wouldn't give up just yet X 

Offline chinpisces

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #6 on: 30/06/17, 22:45 »
    Hi Sapphire

Just like you, I have very low AMH but normal FSH and one tube blocked. TTC for almost 4 yrs and in between my gynecologist helped me by giving me medicines (gonal-f) for stimulation to conceive naturally but nothing happened.
    Lasth month, I did my 1st IVF. 1st stimming was cancelled bcoz I only have 1 follicle after day 7, using merional 300iu. 2nd stimming (i used Elonva 150mg, good for 7 days and from day 8-12 i used merional 300iu), they retrieved 4 matured eggs but only 2 were fertilised and both transferred (day3 embyro) but it was BFN. My doctors told me that if i will do my next IVF with them, they will not change my protocol. But i decided to try another clinic.

So for my next cycle, I was advised to do the Clomid Embryo Freezing since I have a low ovarian reserve or low amh.
    How about you?

Baby dust to everyone!

Offline JoeyP

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #7 on: 8/07/17, 18:53 »
    Just spotted this thread. I also have a low amh (3.84pmol) but a normal fsh level (5.4). I had one round of IVF and produced 5 eggs and 2 fertilised but unfortunately it didn't work. I have to admit we've decided to go down the donor egg route due to my age (41) but there's a lot of success stories out there with people with low amh.

Offline chinpisces

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #8 on: 8/07/17, 23:07 »
    Hi Joey.. You're right, alot of women with low amh have success pregnancy. hoping, we will have success soon too. fingers crossed... me, as what i've mentioned above, i will be doing the clomid embryo freezing on my next cycle in Serum on September... when are you going DE cycle and where? if u don't mind me asking. 😊

Baby dust to us. 👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻

Offline Fozzie16

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #9 on: 29/09/17, 12:40 »
    Jumping in on this old thread but its nice to find the low AMH with normal FSH club!

Nothing else seems wrong, although they suspected blocked tubes the dye test came back clear and it does seem I have cystic if not polycystic ovaries... I was too to have IVF asap when they got my low AMH back.

I'm in my first IVF cycle, they got 2 mature eggs and 1 immature which was expected from the stim scan. Both mature fertilised and we're having a a day 3 transfer tomorrow morning. Everything is crossed  ^pray^