* Author Topic: Low Amh but normal fsh  (Read 3566 times)

0 Members

Offline Pognut

modify
Low Amh but normal fsh
« Reply #10 on: 29/09/17, 17:13 »
Good luck tomorrow!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fozzie16

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #11 on: 29/09/17, 20:57 »
    Thanks Pognut 😁🤞

Offline lechatgris

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #12 on: 21/11/17, 21:50 »
    I am confused by what some people are calling low AMH. I see some of the posts mentioning between 3 and 4 as low, but according to the charts I have read, that's actually high...? Mine is .59, which according to the charts I have seen is diminished. Can anyone explain? My FSH is 10, which right on the border of the normal range. I am 45.

According to this site: http://www.acubalance.ca/resources/fertility-tests

Normal Ranges of AMH Levels

Low 0.0 to 0.3 ng/ml
    reduced 0.3 to 0.7 ng/ml
    Satisfactory 0.7 to 3.5 ng/ml
    High 3.5+ ng/ml

Offline tily

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #13 on: 22/11/17, 19:50 »
    There are two different scales.

1ng/ml = 7.14 pmol

So when people are referring to 3/4 as being low, they are on the pmol scale not the ng/ml scale.

Offline lechatgris

modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #14 on: 22/11/17, 20:05 »
    Aha! I had just discovered this a few minutes ago and was returning to write that. I read that you multiply by 7.14 to get to the scale the UK uses. So mine, of .59, would be 4.21 on the UK scale. 

Offline mo89

• Gold Member
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #15 on: 22/11/17, 20:58 »
    Hi.I have low amh (less than 3) and normal fsh. Had 3 fresh and a frozen round. Never got more than 3 eggs. Finally having my baby with our private round. Due in 4 weeks!!! The difference was they used short protocol where as other roubds were all long

Offline Rebecca81

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #16 on: 4/01/18, 19:11 »
    Hi - I used to spend a lot of time on this site looking for answers, so I know what it's like to be in all your shoes and how very hard it is. I just wanted to come back and say don't give up.

We tried to conceive for four years, including clomid, two failed rounds of ivf with poor response, and countless tests. I was eventually told that I had low amh (fsh was normal), and that I would need to use donor eggs to conceive.

It will be exactly a year tomorrow that I was in tears, as I had got my period again, and I was down to the last month before we moved on to ivf with donor eggs. Last February we had chosen a donor and were waiting for my cycle to start so that we could begin the process. My period never came, and I found out we had conceived naturally.

I always thought that these miracle stories were for other people, or weren't really true, until it happened to me. I now have a ten week old baby girl, something I had come to believe was impossible.

Never give up - miracles can happen x

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #17 on: 4/01/18, 21:13 »
    I have a low AMH and "normal FSH"
     My AMH is less than 4. I also despite my age have poor quality eggs.

My 4th cycle some 6 years ago resulted in my daughter. On all my cycles i never produced anymore than 4 eggs and only 2 ever fertilised normally but both only ever poor quality. Both transfered on Day 2 as the embryologist didn't think they would make another night in the lab. Anyway cycle number 4 worked, so one of those poor quality, fragmented embryo's is my 5 year old daughter.

That was 6 years ago. We've just had our first try at having a sibling for her. Had to take DHEA and Q10 for wgg quality this time as its got worse. My follicle count before treatment showed one follicle on each ovary......both of my tubes hydros again (they are however clipped) and a huge cyst on one ovary. I was gutted.  Again 4 eggs collected (after stimming for ages on 450 of Menopur) and only 2 fertilised , again not the best quality although not quite as bad as last time (maybe the DHEA helped a touch?) Huge cyst was drained at egg collection too as it was massive and painful.  Both embryos put back on day 2 again as wouldnt risk them being in the lab.

Anyway by sheer luck we got a BFP. Its hugely early days, not even had our first scan yet and I'm nervous as hell.

But what I'm trying to say is sometimes even when the odds are stacked against you and then embryos arent "top quality " or when at egg collection numbers are low it doesn't mean give up. If you can push on and keep trying. My consultant reminds me often it is a massive game of luck when all is said and done.

I hope this gives some hope that us low AMH girls can and do make babies. Just sometimes takes us a bit longer x

Offline Fozzie16

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #18 on: 3/01/20, 15:20 »
    Sorry for the long delay but in case anyone else pops back I just wanted to say that little 3 day transfer emby is now nearly 19 months old :)

But in trying for a sibling my AMH appears to have dropped from around 3.1 (low) to 0.7 (very low) with FSH still normal so just more prayers we get lucky with medically induced ovulation.

Offline Lyn_

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Low Amh but normal fsh
    « Reply #19 on: 17/01/20, 19:07 »
    This is my first post, so not sure if this is the right thread! I am 35 and DH 45 and I have very low AMH (3 pmol) but Normal fsh, and have just had my first failed ivf cycle with CRGH. I only had 3 large follicles (the smaller ones didnít grow) and they only got 2 eggs. Only one fertilised but stopped growing at 4 cells. I was on 225 meriofert and 225 fostimon and zomacton growth hormone. Also have been taking dhea for 3 months.

Iím just so confused about what protocol is best and what clinic is best for low AMH. Is a natural cycle better, or clomid? With such a low number of eggs I feel so distraught.