* Author Topic: No response on Gonal-F, cycle cancelled  (Read 1877 times)

0 Members

Offline happylou

• Un-Ranked
modify
No response on Gonal-F, cycle cancelled
« on: 21/06/17, 12:06 »
Hi Ladies,

We have just had our first IVF cycle cancelled as I have not responded at all on Gonal F after 11 days of taking it. I have a low AMH of 2.8.

We have an appointment with our consultant next week to discuss how to go forward, but I was wondering if anyone had had no response on a drug and then changed to a different drug and that made a difference?

I am on a bit of a downer at the moment that because this drug didn't work that nothing will

Thanks for any responses

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Roxbury1

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 21/06/17, 13:30 »
    There are lots of alternatives to Gonal F but as I've no experience of them I'll leave it for the other ladies to comment more specifically. What I can say is when I had a poor response to Gonal F on my third cycle they added Luveris in for the last few days. This did seem to help, it was a few years ago so the details are hazy but I understand it works in a different way to the Gonal F in terms of the hormones it replicates? I hope your follow up gives you hope for a way forward. Xx

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 23/06/17, 00:12 »
    Drugs vary a lot, as does the result of different protocols. I've done 4 IVF cycles with different protocols and drugs and not had a similar result any two times. They will probably try you on Menopur next to see if that suits you better, and perhaps start you on a higher dose to give you an initial boost. Hope is not lost! My 4th IVF cycle was cancelled due to no response, which was a shock since the first 3 cycles at least got to EC!

Offline MrsMacD

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/07/17, 21:52 »
    Happylou as someone else memtioned no cycle is the same so just because you didn't respond this time doesn't mean you won't next time. I used Gonal f on all 3 of my cycles. The first one was cancelled and the third resulted in my son. Not sure what dose you were on but perjaps it cpuld be increased? Sorry I have no experience of any other types of drugs. Hope you get your happy ending x

Offline Ttc2016

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 30/07/17, 10:21 »
    I responded well to gonal f but terribly to fostimon and menipur. Different drugs suit different women. Don't give up hope.