* Author Topic: Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2  (Read 12566 times)

0 Members

Offline Rainbowendings

• Un-Ranked
modify
Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2
« Reply #100 on: 3/07/18, 23:28 »
Hi ladies

So a provisional transfer date has been arranged. Travel & accomodation booked. I have my endometrial scan here in the uk next week. Started my Estrogen. My world....this all got so real.

I am hoping & praying. Transfer date 20/07/18....eeeek!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline REAHAN

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 7/09/18, 10:32 »
    Hi everybody. It's my first post in this group and I'm hopeful some of you still log in. It's amazing to hear so many amazing stories and outcomes. Rainbow I guess you will have have had transfer I hope you got the result you wanted. I think I've come to the conclusion that praga medica is the one for us. Now for the questions ;D I hope you lovely people can answer. How long were you over for? Probably be having OE ivf/Icsi. What sort of prices did people get accomodation for? They have just informed me that they are moving in December to bigger premises, closer to the city. Is it relatively cheap to live. I'm from the UK. Was everybody happy with just a Skype call. I'm sure I'll bombard you lovely ladies (not sure if any men in this group as of the user names)with lots more questions. It's just such a rollercoaster and generally my DH let's me do the diciding of where is best. Ideally would like to do at the Hewitt centre in UK again but after 3 failed FETS in a year or pennies are on a tight budget. Sending you all the best of luck and hope your all enjoying those gorgeous babies. Mine just went to school on Wednesday :'( Hope to hear from you soon xx

Offline Travelbaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 2/12/18, 13:38 »
    Gest thread is so quiet compare to other clinics, anyone going there recently?
    Anyone knows their success rate with own Egg at age 35 group?
    Iím in the process of picking clinics, fist time ivf.

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 31/12/18, 03:49 »
    I don't know theinfo you are looking for, but i have a almost 10 mo littlegirl from embryo donation via fet from gest clinic. She is the most beautiful baby in the world! I would go there over again just to have her.  They are great and do a good job. I haven't been on here in a while and i am not sure why i even came on here tonight. I was just prompted to come leave this message. I hope all of you ladies are doing well and good luck and blessings on a bfp.

Offline Mmc224

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 23/06/19, 11:55 »
    Hi there, I'm hoping to do a tandem own egg/ donor egg cycle with  Gest/Praga Medical this summer, just in the process of setting up first appointment.   I only have one ovary and both tubes have been removed so ivf is our only option.   I'm 42, AMH is 3.8 so really want to try own egg as I will always wonder if it would work otherwise,  but keen to have the option of donor eggs in case it doesn't work out.

This board seems really quiet, has anyone had treatment recently?  How did you find travelling to Prague for treatment?

Offline Ghosttown

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 15/11/19, 04:47 »
    Hi there, this is my first time posting and not sure if I should tag on here or start a new GEST thread? I have my consultation scheduled for December 4th. I'm not sure which doctor I'm meeting with and I honestly don't even know what to ask? Blanka is my coordinator and she seems lovely. It's so complicated because I'm in the US and I have Kaiser Permanente for my medical coverage. I did go to a private fertility doctor for my ultrasound and blood tests. I am 44 and basically in menopause. My husband has sperm quality issues so we are going over for embryo donation. I have no other known issues other than poor ovarian reserve. I think I have been in perimenopause for at least 10 years. I'm hoping to have the FET during the second half of March. I've never been pregnant and have been married for 17 years. We gave up 10 years ago after several IUI's as at that time we didn't have the resources to try anything else and live in a state where insurance doesn't have to cover infertility. I don't have all this knowledge of procedures and medications that so many of you have. Does anyone know what kind of medications I will be given? Or what my protocol might look like? And how far in advance can I buy our plane tickets? We live near Seattle so flight costs will be quite high if we can't have much notice on when we should be there. Will it be likely that I will be given injectable meds? Will I be given some instruction or should I just go on YouTube?   ::)  I'm guessing I will try to purchase my meds from a website as I can't imagine Kaiser would give them to me. Has anyone else had issues with that?
    LOL- I guess these are all things I will ask during the consultation and I've answered my own question!  :)

Offline Harry2604

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 28/11/19, 16:20 »
    Hi I haven't been on here for quite some time, not since my 2 failed rounds of ivf in 2017. DH said he could not ever do it again, there was no money and he found it to stressful. So I gave up and prayed for a miracle naturally. I'm 46 yrs now and DH has low sperm count so really its the end of the road.
    BUT he has had a sudden change of heart, we have finished extending our house and his work is very good and he wants to do it again.
    My AMH is 2.4 and after an assessment last week at Create I was told my chances were 1% so we have decided to go for donor eggs. I've been researching and have decided on Praga. Our initial appointment is on 20th December. I'm so excited.
    Is anyone else starting treatment any time soon?

Offline Ghosttown

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 5/12/19, 02:10 »
    Hi Harry2604 *waves*

I just had my consult via Skype this morning. We are doing frozen embryo donation- 2 embryos! Our plan is to have the transfer during the second half of march and the embryos have been put on hold! Very exciting. Now I have to figure out getting meds and a lining scan in the US with no insurance coverage for infertility and a HMO provider.....should be quite interesting! We plan to make quite a vacation out of it in Prague so that we have a good time no matter what happens....we love to travel so looking forward to it all. It's all starting to seem real now..... :) ^pray^

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 5/12/19, 02:35 »
    Ghost town get the clinic to send the script for your meds to fertility2u and theyíll post them to you, a much cheaper option thatís trying to get them in the US.

Offline Ghosttown

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 6/12/19, 03:51 »
    Thanks for the idea Stacey10! I definitely will have to get creative. GEST wants me to start BCP so I emailed my primary care doc to see if she would prescribe at least those to me and she said I would have to come in for an appointment first because I shouldn't be on BCP at my age due to risk of blood clotting! I didn't even want to try to explain why I needed them so went to make an appointment- first available appointment is January 13!  :P It's so crazy what we have to deal with here.